My Racehorse Entries/Results

CoronadosQuest

Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:54 am

In more loony toony STG owners land, someone just proclaimed that we should actively scratch from races that Sierra Leone enters because he purposely tries to hurt horses while he runs. So I guess STG will be missing lots of big races :lol: to avoid mafia boss Sierra Leone.
ForTheThrill

Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:10 am

CoronadosQuest wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:38 pm I would be SHOCKED if he doesn't run in the California Crown. SHOCKED.
I honestly had forgotten about that. To the Awesome Crown we go.
TapitsGal

Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:45 pm

ForTheThrill wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:10 am
CoronadosQuest wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:38 pm I would be SHOCKED if he doesn't run in the California Crown. SHOCKED.
I honestly had forgotten about that. To the Awesome Crown we go.
Haskell first. Lukas is already talking haskell or Travers. Seize the Grey was injured by another horse during the race. Got cuts on his legs
CoronadosQuest

Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:22 pm

https://x.com/agentes305/status/1799836 ... 77/photo/1

Agentes305
@agentes305
SEIZE THE GREY came out of the race with some cuts in his back leg bands, as a result of a close encounter with another horse while heading to the first turn, Jockey JAIME TORRES
@jaimetorresjcky
shared this morning with us.

Although the outcome wasn't as expected, the horse gave his best effort in the Belmont Stakes 2024 ... Jaime went to visit the horse today by 5am and confirmed that the Preakness Stakes winner was looking all good, eaten well and happy as usual.

The son of Arrogate is already on his way to Churchill Downs, looking for next steps, eyeing the Haskell (July) and/or Travers (Aug) as possibles per trainer D. Wayne Lukas.
Squeaky

Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:12 pm

What are back leg bands? Tendons? Ligaments? Hope is just superficial and minor and that he heals well.

Any comments from Coach after the race?
Curtis

Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:57 pm

Squeaky wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:12 pm What are back leg bands? Tendons? Ligaments? Hope is just superficial and minor and that he heals well.

My guess is that they’re referring to rear bandages or rundowns, but who knows what the kids are saying nowadays?
CoronadosQuest

Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:58 pm

Squeaky wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:12 pm What are back leg bands? Tendons? Ligaments? Hope is just superficial and minor and that he heals well.

We haven't received any updates today on STG yet
TapitsGal

Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:18 pm

Fireball birdie ran fourth yesterday
Guinevere ran poorly again today. Many are suggesting she be switched out of Wesley wards barn. Some are suggesting she try dirt next and some want her in a maiden claimer
Starine

Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:33 pm

Preakness winner Seize the Grey, who backed up to eighth after fighting to the three-sixteenths pole, came out of the race with a couple of cuts on a hind leg, trainer D. Wayne Lukas said Sunday.

“Nothing serious, they’re just there,” Lukas said. “Other than that, he came out of it fine. Disappointed a little bit in the way he finished. He trained so strong, I thought he would run a little better.”

Seize the Grey was on his way back to Kentucky by van Sunday afternoon but is expected to ship back to Saratoga by the end of June. Lukas said he would consider the Haskell or Jim Dandy, the latter on July 27 at Saratoga, for Seize the Grey’s next start with the Travers as the main summer goal.
https://www.drf.com/news/2024-belmont-s ... ers-stakes
Flanders

Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:53 pm

Flanders wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:44 pm That win signed StG up for all the G1s the rest of the year. Preakness, Belmont, Haskell, Travers, PA Derby, BC Classic. And he might try to throw in an extra race or two.
This was after the Pat Day Mile. Add the Jim Dandy as a possible swap for the Haskell, change the PA Derby to California Crown(cause I didn't know he was going to win the Preakness and set himself up for a possible bonus) and I think it'll be about perfect. The only big question to me is, does he throw in an extra race before the 2025 Pegasus and what I assume is retirement for the horse. In the past he was a big fan of using the Clark after the Breeders Cup but its no longer a G1.
Flanders

Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:34 am

Jstewartrr @jstewartrr

What if @rresoluteracing and @MyRacehorse came together to give fans the chance to own and race alongside Resolute Racing?#fanengagement poll to follow

https://x.com/jstewartrr/status/1801814222684254315
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:14 pm

Does John Stewart understand how complicated (and probably annoying) it can be if you let average fans "buy into" one of your horses? From what I've read about some of the MRH "owners" wanting too much involvement with "their" horse, I doubt he's ready for the fan "I want to feed/pet/ride my horse" storm that could be headed his way. :lol:
CoronadosQuest

Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:39 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:14 pm Does John Stewart understand how complicated (and probably annoying) it can be if you let average fans "buy into" one of your horses? From what I've read about some of the MRH "owners" wanting too much involvement with "their" horse, I doubt he's ready for the fan "I want to feed/pet/ride my horse" storm that could be headed his way. :lol:
I think there are a lot of newer (and older) MRH participants who don't quite understand what MRH ownership is. That its basically buying into a horse's fan club so you can have inside information since nobody is going to get rich off of a $5 payout from MRH when your horse wins a race.
CoronadosQuest

Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:42 pm

Apparently people are emailing Jena for updates regarding the filly she is training for MRH, and MRH had to put out a statement to NOT do that. Yikes.
TapitsGal

Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:31 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:42 pm Apparently people are emailing Jena for updates regarding the filly she is training for MRH, and MRH had to put out a statement to NOT do that. Yikes.
I face palmed when I read that. Yikes indeed. We want Jena to have a good experience training for mrh. I get people are excited she's training a mrh runner but bombarding the poor woman with emails behind mrh back is the fastest way to get trainers to be like forget this.

There was also the person in the Caldera group who was pretty much guaranteeing others that horse will never be at risk of getting dropped in a claimer..no idea how they know that when he hasn't even raced yet. Someone else the other day walked right up to the trainer who is prepping caldera for lukas and asked if they could visit the horse..the trainer said not unless mrh arranges it
ForTheThrill

Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:29 pm

I've stopped joining the individual horse pages and life is much better.

I say there in disbelief when I read the part about Jena. Like, really? What's WRONG with people?
Flanders

Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:57 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:31 pm
CoronadosQuest wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:42 pm Apparently people are emailing Jena for updates regarding the filly she is training for MRH, and MRH had to put out a statement to NOT do that. Yikes.
I face palmed when I read that. Yikes indeed. We want Jena to have a good experience training for mrh. I get people are excited she's training a mrh runner but bombarding the poor woman with emails behind mrh back is the fastest way to get trainers to be like forget this.

There was also the person in the Caldera group who was pretty much guaranteeing others that horse will never be at risk of getting dropped in a claimer..no idea how they know that when he hasn't even raced yet. Someone else the other day walked right up to the trainer who is prepping caldera for lukas and asked if they could visit the horse..the trainer said not unless mrh arranges it
This reminded me of something that happened when Devil His Due was racing. The IRS put a lien on him because they doubted the ownership of the horse, he was owned by the daughter of a guy that owned a lot of money to the IRS. The IRS contended that he was actually owned by the father. I don't really remember what came of that, I was young then. Anyway, an IRS agent went to the track and demanded to see "Her horse". They told her not to go near him and he bit her. Like she wasn't injured or anything but just shows that crazy people have been around for a long time.
Missbeholder

Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:23 pm

I'm not involved with MRH and don't intend to be, but reading some of these stories about the behavior of some of these people just leaves me shaking my head! Does MRH not have some sort of "orientation" for new investors set up where protocols of behavior are set and explained so that newbies understand what is acceptable and what isn't?

These lunatics seem to think that because they own an eyelash on a horse, that gives them the right to be in the face of the horse's caretakers......and it doesn't seem that MRH has educated them early on that they simply DON'T have that right!

I'm sure that MRH thoroughly explains all the financial implications involved with investing in a horse with them, but but do they make the same effort to be sure that new people know what is acceptable behavior and what isn't?
Northport

Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:28 pm

I don't know if basic non-crazy behaviour can be taught. I would file these particular folks under the same category as people calling for Zenyatta to be pensioned after two foals and saying California Chrome was going to be eaten in Japan. If people are already screaming abuse and greed when they have no actual connection to a horse, god knows how they will behave when they own 1/2000th of one.
weeeeeeeee
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:30 pm

The clueless mrh owners appear to another symptom of the lack of education about animal behavior/stewardship that rules our modern education system. Animal husbandry is now rarely taught except at specialty schools, and most people seem to be growing up with ZERO understanding about how animals....cats, dogs, cows, horses...actually behave. Or WHY they behave a certain way.
It's sad. Also dangerous for both animals and humans when the clueless do something stupid around them. :roll: