Photos/News about Broodmares

BaroqueAgain1

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:42 pm

Likely? Maybe Spendthrift's Malibu Moon?
Treve

Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:30 am

I think it would depend on if they'd intend to sell her first foals or keep them to race, maybe?
Out of curiosity I checked a few hypothetical matings on Truenicks.

Uncle Mo gets an A++ (Storm cat inbreeding)
Tapit A++
Street Sense A++
Malibu Moon A++

Curlin A+

Tiznow A
American Pharoah A
Pioneerof the Nile A
Cairo Prince A
but with Pharoah one must also consider the 4x4 Storm Cat
Medaglia d'Oro A

Bodemeister B
Empire Maker B

Bernardini C
Elusive Quality C

Hard Spun D
Ghostzapper D

I'm stopping here because I know I might get into some completely, ridiculous hairbrained matches if I don't stop, though if I missed someone feel free to add :lol: What's certain is she certainly has a plethora of very good choices amongst top stallions both commercial and proven but not necessarily commercially attractive.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
carole

Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:58 pm

I'd love to see her go to Medaglia d'Oro or Curlin. And one day California Chrome :P
Personal Ensign

Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:17 pm

I recall reading somewhere (sorry I forget where :lol: ) that they are going to be looking at temperament when choosing a mate for her because of the quirks she has/had early on in her career that Mott managed beautifully as her career progressed.
There are other things that I could do, but there's really nothing that I love as much as horse racing. Chantal Sutherland

-Formerly LadyWeaver-
Insane Crazy

Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:29 pm

carole wrote:I'd love to see her go to Medaglia d'Oro or Curlin. And one day California Chrome :P
I would be delighted by either match up. Interestingly enough, she only has ND once in her 5x5, at the very back. She's got the makings of an outcross, there just aren't many options in that regard at stud.

It makes perfect sense to me that she would go to Malibu Moon, though. Right?

ETA: LOL. I'm an idiot. Her foal with Malibu Moon WOULD have zero Northern Dancer in there. Neat!
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Starine

Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:16 pm

Personal Ensign wrote:I recall reading somewhere (sorry I forget where :lol: ) that they are going to be looking at temperament when choosing a mate for her because of the quirks she has/had early on in her career that Mott managed beautifully as her career progressed.
You mean Mandella?
Treve

Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:41 am

Personal Ensign wrote:I recall reading somewhere (sorry I forget where :lol: ) that they are going to be looking at temperament when choosing a mate for her because of the quirks she has/had early on in her career that Mott managed beautifully as her career progressed.
I think you meant Mandella but in that case Pioneerof the Nile seems to be passing on wonderful sweet temperaments. American Pharoah was the prime example of that, but I hear a lot of his babies are similar. Although Classic Empire's Hopeful S. antics might give pause. :lol:

Dunno off the top of my head who else had good temper on the track, good temper off and seems to be passing that on though. I know there's got to be a few.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

BaroqueAgain1

Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:11 am

Although Classic Empire's Hopeful S. antics might give pause.

I don't know if his out-of-the-gate spook really tells us much about his temperament. Babies, even kind ones, often do silly stuff. :P
He seems to have put that behind him, since he ran straight and fast today. :lol:
Sparrow Castle

Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:11 pm

Jeremy Balan ‏@BH_JBalan
Beholder will be bred to Uncle Mo, per a release from Spendthrift.
Sparrow Castle

Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:00 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Jeremy Balan ‏@BH_JBalan
‘Match Made In Heaven’: Beholder To Be Bred To Uncle Mo
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/blood ... e-mo-2017/
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:14 pm

A Two-Year-Old Champion bred to another Two-Year-Old Champion?
D'ya think the offspring will be precocious, or what? :lol:
middleground

Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:51 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Jeremy Balan ‏@BH_JBalan

Aha! 6X6 to Suspicious Native! Haven't seen that cross in a pedigree in quite awhile... :roll:
Personal Ensign

Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:53 pm

Yes I meant Mandella :lol:
There are other things that I could do, but there's really nothing that I love as much as horse racing. Chantal Sutherland

-Formerly LadyWeaver-
Treve

Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:06 pm

Hope Pharoah won't be too jealous of Uncle Mo. I remember Baffert last year saying he hoped she would have a date with him soon ;)
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Izvestia

Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:42 am

Treve wrote:Hope Pharoah won't be too jealous of Uncle Mo. I remember Baffert last year saying he hoped she would have a date with him soon ;)
You are kidding, right? 1) the horse has no clue, 2) Baffert doesn't have a say in it
sweettalk

Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:02 am

Izvestia wrote:
Treve wrote:Hope Pharoah won't be too jealous of Uncle Mo. I remember Baffert last year saying he hoped she would have a date with him soon ;)
You are kidding, right? 1) the horse has no clue, 2) Baffert doesn't have a say in it
yes, geez. lighten up.
Izvestia

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:12 am

A lot of people anthropomorphize horses, so really they could be quite serious.
Again, what does Baffert have to do with it?
Insane Crazy

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:57 am

Lol. We're not on the Chromies FB. Treve is joking. I am 100% sure.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Treve

Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:21 pm

Yes I was being 100% facetious :lol:
Should I be worried that you'd think I was being serious ;) ?
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Treve

Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:31 pm

Izvestia wrote:A lot of people anthropomorphize horses, so really they could be quite serious.
Again, what does Baffert have to do with it?
She*
I have been around horses for 18 years, when I anthropomorphize them it is always an affectionate joke. (Just yesterday at the barn I was grooming my ride who doesn't really like his neighbour. Both are arguably the two most handsome individuals- the other rider made a comment akin to 'I dunno why they hate each other' and I said 'obviously they're competing for the Mr Universe Barn title' and we both laughed because we both know it's silly).
I also have been on this forum for well over a year now when have I ever anthropomorphised any of the horses here (and meant it)? Especially given that I regularly mock or bemoan Chromies doing this exact thing...

The quick of the (extremely silly) joke was obviously the Baffert tie-in. Since he had made the comment last year "I sure hope he gets a date with Beholder" or something like that even before the Classic, the point of the joke was 'I hope in that case Pharoah won't be jealous [that her first date will be with Uncle Mo]' considering they both stand at Ashford.

It's not that deep lol, but I guess absurdist humour isn't for everyone.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...