Stallion News

TapitsGal

Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:18 pm

Danniwolfe wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:17 am
TapitsGal wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:31 pm Yikes that fragile uncle chuck has attracted 60 mares
Thats okay they wont be on the track long
Which means that unless they are being bred they are being sent onto second careers and owners who may potentially have to deal with long-term, chronic soundness issues and having watched friends go through that with their own ottbs, I wouldn't knowingly take on a horse with those issues
TapitsGal

Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:59 pm

Happy birthday silver charm. I've no doubt Michael is spoiling you to your heart's content on your special day
Missbeholder

Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:31 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:59 pm Happy birthday silver charm. I've no doubt Michael is spoiling you to your heart's content on your special day
28 years old! It sneaks up on you, doesn't it? 😵
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:42 pm

Tough Sunday (Grazen x Sunday Dress) will enter stud at Tommy Town Thoroughbreds in California.

He was born with "dummy foal syndrome," but recovered and regained eyesight. He is still deaf or mostly deaf.

He is multiple graded placed and a stakes winner.
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
Danniwolfe

Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:16 pm

Mylute wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:42 pm Tough Sunday (Grazen x Sunday Dress) will enter stud at Tommy Town Thoroughbreds in California.

He was born with "dummy foal syndrome," but recovered and regained eyesight. He is still deaf or mostly deaf.

He is multiple graded placed and a stakes winner.
thought he was already retired
Just riding through life one shaky canter stride at a time
Diver52

Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:22 am

Missbeholder wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:31 pm
TapitsGal wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:59 pm Happy birthday silver charm. I've no doubt Michael is spoiling you to your heart's content on your special day
28 years old! It sneaks up on you, doesn't it? 😵
Whoa, saw him in 2018 at the Day after Derby Open House--he was in the pen by the picnic area and LOVED the attention. Many happy returns of the day, Silver Charm!
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
tachyon

Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:57 am

-- from TDN video:

''Champion St Mark's Basilica An Exciting Coolmore Addition'' 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiK4QtOGbe0
CorridorZ75

Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:07 pm

According to that video, he was a world champion two year old and Cartier two year old which is funny because Coolmore made damn sure that Van Gogh was awarded the Cartier that year. I guess now they it works better for them to give the title to SMB, they throw Van Gogh to the curb. Granted. SMB or Mac Swiney should always have been over Van Gogh, but it is funny how completely Coolmore runs things in Europe.
brunanas

Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:17 am

ThreeMustangs wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:26 pm Interesting timing of this announcement:

The Jockey Club announced today that it is rescinding the following italicized language in Rule 14C of The Jockey Club’s Principal Rules and Requirements of the American Studbook that addresses limitations to the total number of mares bred per stallion:

The total number of broodmares bred per individual stallion whose year of birth is 2020 or thereafter shall not exceed 140 per calendar year in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The Jockey Club shall limit the number of Stallion Service Certificates for such stallions to a maximum of 140 per calendar year.

A similar rule was first proposed in September 2019 before being adopted in its current form by the board of stewards in May 2020, following extensive public comment.

“The Jockey Club board of stewards is rescinding this rule as it is concerned that the reaction to the rule may divide the industry at a time when there are many important issues that need to be addressed with unity,” said Stuart S. Janney III, chairman of The Jockey Club. “We are taking this action for the greater good of the entire industry.

“The Jockey Club remains committed to the sustainability and welfare of the breed and will continue to invest in programs and research that will bolster and support the industry in the years to come.”

The Jockey Club will continue to maintain the Principal Rules and Requirements of the American Studbook in keeping with its mission to ensure the health of the Thoroughbred breed.

The Jockey Club, founded in 1894 and dedicated to the improvement of Thoroughbred breeding and racing, is the breed registry for North American Thoroughbreds. In fulfillment of its mission, The Jockey Club, directly or through subsidiaries, provides support and leadership on a wide range of important industry initiatives, and it serves the information and technology needs of owners, breeders, media, fans and farms. It is the sole funding source for America’s Best Racing, the broad-based fan development initiative for Thoroughbred racing. You can follow America’s Best Racing at americasbestracing.net. Additional information is available at jockeyclub.com.

https://jockeyclub.com/Default.asp?sect ... story=1320
and then when the stallions these greedy farms stand dies in the breeding shed, they spend a week posting sad Instagram posts and video montages to sad songs, stating how much they'll miss them and how the unexpected death hurt the(ir business)m. will never forget poor Malibu Moon being bred to 84 mares (a month away from the end of the season) at 24 and then dying "suddenly". not to mention the effects on genetic diversity. disgusting, simply disgusting. horses aren't our breeding machines.
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
brunanas

Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:20 am

TapitsGal wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:31 pm Yikes that fragile uncle chuck has attracted 60 mares
love how they say his "only" issue was that his career was cut short. nothing to worry about there. just a stallion who couldn't last 3 starts, by an unsound producing stallion, out of an unsound producing mare. absolutely great. love to see it! /sarcasm
she/her
tachyon

Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:11 am

CorridorZ75 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:07 pm According to that video, he was a world champion two year old and Cartier two year old which is funny because Coolmore made damn sure that Van Gogh was awarded the Cartier that year. I guess now they it works better for them to give the title to SMB, they throw Van Gogh to the curb. Granted. SMB or Mac Swiney should always have been over Van Gogh, but it is funny how completely Coolmore runs things in Europe.
:o :lol:
No one would beat Coolmore in Europe, like no one beat Shadai in Japan.
But....
Now I strongly hope that the 2020 Cartier champion 2yo will do well at East Stud!!! ;)
brunanas

Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:59 pm

Waiting, an unraced son of American Pharoah o/o Wait No More (a daughter of champion Wait a While), has had his first mare confirmed in foal. he currently stands at Irish Hill & Dutchess Views Stallions (NY) for a fee of $4,000 LFSN.
https://twitter.com/IhdvStallions/statu ... bNoAw&s=19
she/her
Calypso

Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:14 pm

brunanas wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:59 pm Waiting, an unraced son of American Pharoah o/o Wait No More (a daughter of champion Wait a While), has had his first mare confirmed in foal. he currently stands at Irish Hill & Dutchess Views Stallions (NY) for a fee of $4,000 LFSN.
Does anyone know why he was unraced?
Soylent green is....tasty!!!
Flanders

Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:34 pm

Calypso wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:14 pm
brunanas wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:59 pm Waiting, an unraced son of American Pharoah o/o Wait No More (a daughter of champion Wait a While), has had his first mare confirmed in foal. he currently stands at Irish Hill & Dutchess Views Stallions (NY) for a fee of $4,000 LFSN.
The farm's webpage says unraced due to a training injury. http://www.ihdvstallions.com/waiting.html
brunanas

Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:24 pm

Flanders wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:34 pm
Calypso wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:14 pm
The farm's webpage says unraced due to a training injury. http://www.ihdvstallions.com/waiting.html
yay to adding that to the gene pool!
she/her
tachyon

Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:15 pm

tachyon wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:39 am Pas de Trois(JPN)(Swept Overboard) sired his first group winner, as his 5yo son Dancing Prince(JPN)[o/o Little Blessing(JPN) by Bubble Gum Fellow(JPN)] won the G3 Capella Stakes 1200m dirt at Nakayama on Dec 12th 2021.
That's wonderful news for the End Sweep/Swept Overboard sire-line. :D
Pas de Trois is standing at Lex Stud.
And Dancing Prince is slated to run next in the Riyadh Dirt Sprint on the Saudi Cup Day!!

-- replay of the Capella Stakes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUT3NlSb3hU

Dancing Prince(JPN)
https://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001215803/
12: 8-1-1
Dancing Prince(JPN) scored his second group win impressively in the G3 Riyadh Dirt Sprint! 8-)

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5v0oHNBNHU
I'm glad that the grandson of Swept Overboard(USA) is doing well.
Danniwolfe

Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:01 am

Ziggypop wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:18 pm
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:That's a little shocking. It doesn't seem like he was even given enough time to show what his offspring could do.
TVG had been running his ads up until recently, and IMHO his pedigree it as good as it gets.
Korea is acquiring US stallions as though we're running our stallion farms like a Black Friday sale. :([/quot

It is distressing to watch. I have pretty much stopped following the industry, for the second time in my life, as it is too depressing. Everyone sucking up to China and Korea is making me ill. I have already been through that in another industry and so far, no good has come of it.
You sound like a baby :roll: you should buy the stallions up if you dont want them leaving
sweettalk

Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:52 pm

Danniwolfe wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:01 am
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:That's a little shocking. It doesn't seem like he was even given enough time to show what his offspring could do.
TVG had been running his ads up until recently, and IMHO his pedigree it as good as it gets.
Korea is acquiring US stallions as though we're running our stallion farms like a Black Friday sale. :(
It is distressing to watch. I have pretty much stopped following the industry, for the second time in my life, as it is too depressing. Everyone sucking up to China and Korea is making me ill. I have already been through that in another industry and so far, no good has come of it.
You sound like a baby :roll: you should buy the stallions up if you dont want them leaving
what's with you attacking long time posters (to everyone else, this isn't the first time this poster has done this)... especially over a post from 2016? as a new poster, you've made an awful first impression - necroing years-old threads to add nothing of value, making negative remarks about everything in the breeding section including starting a thread to "warn us" of bolt d'oro, and attacking other members over trivial things. i usually welcome new posters, but said new posters usually display forum etiquette.
Danniwolfe

Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:28 pm

sweettalk wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:52 pm

what's with you attacking long time posters (to everyone else, this isn't the first time this poster has done this)... especially over a post from 2016? as a new poster, you've made an awful first impression - necroing years-old threads to add nothing of value, making negative remarks about everything in the breeding section including starting a thread to "warn us" of bolt d'oro, and attacking other members over trivial things. i usually welcome new posters, but said new posters usually display forum etiquette.
Racing aint sunshine and rainbows :lol: and im not here to make friends :D
Diver52

Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:33 pm

Danniwolfe wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:28 pm
sweettalk wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:52 pm

Racing aint sunshine and rainbows :lol: and im not here to make friends :D
that's pretty obvious. Is there an "ignore" function here?
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.