Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Macaroni

Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:51 pm

Treve wrote:
Macaroni wrote:
Treve wrote:
I wonder where they're pointing her/what the plan is for her. She looks like she's grown.
Also this makes me wonder if Irish Pharaoh will make his debut this year, and who his owners will send him to.
And who his owners ARE for that matter. Been curious about his whereabouts for a while - he completely disappeared from the radar after he was sold. Excited to see him (hopefully) pop back up sometime soon.
True he was sold privately and I don't think his owners were ever revealed were they?
Not that I'm aware of. When I search his name on Twitter, it's a ton of people tweeting variations on "What ever happened to Irish Pharaoh and who owns him???" :P
Northport

Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:59 pm

If it were China Horse Club or Godolphin, there'd be a press release and 15 related articles on Bloodhorse and Racingpost. Who has that kind of $$ but is relatively quiet? Coolmore? Calumet? Coolmore already has the real deal and the breeding seems too fashionable for Calumet. Al Shaqab? I suppose I could spend all day guessing, but I had totally forgotten that the buyer was never disclosed.
weeeeeeeee
Treve

Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:26 am

Northport wrote:If it were China Horse Club or Godolphin, there'd be a press release and 15 related articles on Bloodhorse and Racingpost. Who has that kind of $$ but is relatively quiet? Coolmore? Calumet? Coolmore already has the real deal and the breeding seems too fashionable for Calumet. Al Shaqab? I suppose I could spend all day guessing, but I had totally forgotten that the buyer was never disclosed.
I'm going to start thinking it's either an eccentric millionaire or someone who is a master of suspense.
I too saw those "Where in the world is Irish Pharaoh? Enough with the secrecy he's 2 now!" tweets.
Beyond the mystery of who he is owned by I am impressed by the ability to keep such a valuable and famous-by-proxy horse that well hidden. The sale was announced on March 1st 2016 so it has been well over a year now.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Miss Woodford

Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Treve wrote:
Northport wrote:If it were China Horse Club or Godolphin, there'd be a press release and 15 related articles on Bloodhorse and Racingpost. Who has that kind of $$ but is relatively quiet? Coolmore? Calumet? Coolmore already has the real deal and the breeding seems too fashionable for Calumet. Al Shaqab? I suppose I could spend all day guessing, but I had totally forgotten that the buyer was never disclosed.
I'm going to start thinking it's either an eccentric millionaire or someone who is a master of suspense.
I too saw those "Where in the world is Irish Pharaoh? Enough with the secrecy he's 2 now!" tweets.
Beyond the mystery of who he is owned by I am impressed by the ability to keep such a valuable and famous-by-proxy horse that well hidden. The sale was announced on March 1st 2016 so it has been well over a year now.
Is that creepy Chechnyan guy that bought up a bunch of horses a few years ago still around?
Sparrow Castle

Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:44 pm

Happy to see this girl making her debut at age four.

I'm the Reason is entered to run on April 13, 2017, at OAKLAWN PARK.
Your comments for this horse were: 2013 Bernardini - Blind Luck, by Pollard's Vision; trainer Jack C. Van Berg.
ThreeMustangs

Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Starine wrote:
Maiden Irap was second in the Robert B. Lewis (gr. III) -- he's a half-brother to Speightstown by Tiznow.
He's a maiden no more.
firehorse

Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:14 pm

firehorse wrote:Gormley (Malibu Moon x Race to Urga) won the FrontRunner today - his great great grand dam is Estrapade.
A Grade 1 winner at 2 and at 3 - he doesn't look the part but his pedigree is packed with horses that could go a mile and a quarter - will be interesting to see how he turns out. I find him most interesting because he's a Mailbu Moon but seems like a tough little tank.
Point Given

Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:11 pm

Leading Score (3-Year-Old Colt)
Date: April 9, 2017
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Five Furlongs
Time: 1.00:40 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt

(Midnight Lute - Shameful, by Flying Chevron ) 1/2 to Indian Blessing
Northport

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:21 pm

Miss Woodford wrote:
Treve wrote:
Is that creepy Chechnyan guy that bought up a bunch of horses a few years ago still around?

Ramzan Kadyrov? He's still around. Most of his runners are in Dubai or Russia I believe.
weeeeeeeee
katmandu

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:26 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Happy to see this girl making her debut at age four.

Your comments for this horse were: 2013 Bernardini - Blind Luck, by Pollard's Vision; trainer Jack C. Van Berg.
She was one weedy looking youngster, took after her dam. . . . one of my favorite horses, by the way, more heart than horse.

I saw a picture of ItR about a year ago and was pleasantly surprised, looking forward to her debut.
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:34 pm

mariasmon: Race 4: Yoshida (JPN) (Heart's Cry), o/o G1W Hilda's Passion

Yoshida went to the front, set pretty fast fractions, and still pulled away to win the 1 1/8-mile turf MSW by open lengths. Impressive colt.
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:17 pm

Brooklyn Bobby (Frankel x Balance) finished 2nd in Keeneland's race 9, a 1 1/8-mile MSW for 3yos on the turf.
honneerider

Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:44 pm

Wait, Gray or Roan Colt, 3, by Distorted Humor - Wait a While by Maria's Mon
finished first in a 6 1/2 F dirt race at Gulfstream
tachyon

Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:38 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:mariasmon: Race 4: Yoshida (JPN) (Heart's Cry), o/o G1W Hilda's Passion

Yoshida went to the front, set pretty fast fractions, and still pulled away to win the 1 1/8-mile turf MSW by open lengths. Impressive colt.
Yes, Yoshida was impressive. :D
He became a TDN Rising Star!

from TDN
“I’d never been to Japan, so I wanted to go, and we also were looking for any Empire Makers we could buy and bring back to run on the dirt. We landed on two of them and this colt. The neat thing is when we bought him off Mr. Yoshida, I asked if we could name the horse after him and he was honored.”
Starine

Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:19 pm

That's a great story. I'm sure Mr. Yoshida would be thrilled if the horse turned out to be a stakes winner.
mariasmon

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Gold Serenade (MDO/Serena's Song) tries on Friday for the 3rd time to break her maiden, R6 at KEE, 8.5F dirt.
Sparrow Castle

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:43 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Happy to see this girl making her debut at age four.

Jack's take on it. Hope her troubles are behind her.

Jack Van Berg Says the Well-Bred I'm the Reason Is a Good Filly and Should Come Out Running on Debut at Oaklawn Park on April 13th, 2017
I'm the Reason is out of the ultra talented dam, Blind Luck, and trainer Jack Van Berg says this filly has shown ability in the morning and could end up being a very good filly even though she got off to a late start.
http://www.xbtv.com/video/recent/jack-v ... 13th-2017/
mariasmon

Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Race 6 at KEE on Saturday (4/15) is pretty loaded with pedigree.

Aquaphobia (Giant's Causeway), o/o G1W Pussycat Doll
Finnegan (IRE) (Unbridled's Song), 1/2 to G1W Bodemeister
Forge (GB) (Dubawi), o/o G1W Heat Haze (GB)
Revved Up (Candy Ride), o/o champion Storm Flag Flying
Tiz Shea D (Tiznow), 1/2 to G1W A.P. Indian
Vici (War Front), from the Wild Applause/Glowing Tribute female family
Sparrow Castle

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:05 pm

Morse Code finished 5th beaten by 3 lengths, on April 12, 2017, at KEENELAND in Race 7.
Off odds: 4.50
Your comments for this horse were: Tapit - Serena's Cat, by Storm Cat; half to Honor Code (AP Indy) and Noble Tune (Unbridleds Song)

This race was a bit rough for some horses, including Morse Code. A friend of mine had a horse running in it, one of the 6 coming back off a layoff, and we're putting a line through it.
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 17USA7.pdf
Sparrow Castle

Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:23 pm

Ziconic is entered to run on April 16, 2017, at SANTA ANITA PARK.
Your comments for this horse were: Tapit - Zenyatta, by Street Cry (IRE)
Race: 6 - 3:30 PM
MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT
Purse: $ 54,000.
One And One Eighth Miles. (Turf)