Stallion News

Sparrow Castle

Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:55 pm

Goodbye, handsome Arch. RIP.
Northport

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:35 pm

pointgivenfan wrote:
Insane Crazy wrote:Ugh. These are such sad losses. I assume Kingmambo was pensioned at his death, but Arch seems like another in a string of losses of producing stallions. =(
Yup, since 2010.
Yeah, I believe due to issues with his neck/withers that made covering very uncomfortable for him - apparently he was still quite fertile
weeeeeeeee
arch

Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:55 pm

Soooo sad, Arch was/is my name tag for this forum. Awesome sire and I'm sure will be as a broodmare sire. I had bought one of his halter's years ago and I'll treasure for along time :cry:
tachyon

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:20 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Lane’s End Stalwart Kingmambo Euthanized
http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/la ... hanized-2/
RIP Kingmambo.
Truly a great stallion, whose sire-line is proving itself as one of the most influential sire-lines especially in Japan along with Sunday Silence's.
Flanders

Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:07 pm

Its been a tough couple of weeks with the losses of all the stallions. Condolences to their connections and fans.
Treve

Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:06 pm

Frankel colt tops New Zealand Yearling sale going for NZ$1.3 million (US$843,232)
He is Frankel's first yearling colt to be sold at auction in the Southern Hemisphere
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... rling-sale
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Northport

Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:25 pm

Treve wrote:Frankel colt tops New Zealand Yearling sale going for NZ$1.3 million (US$843,232)
He is Frankel's first yearling colt to be sold at auction in the Southern Hemisphere
Very interesting to hear the Niarchos' agent saying that this Frankel yearling was the nicest he had seen (of any of the Frankels) at any auction worldwide. That's quite the syndicate they have assembled!
weeeeeeeee
Treve

Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:24 am

Northport wrote:
Treve wrote:Frankel colt tops New Zealand Yearling sale going for NZ$1.3 million (US$843,232)
Very interesting to hear the Niarchos' agent saying that this Frankel yearling was the nicest he had seen (of any of the Frankels) at any auction worldwide. That's quite the syndicate they have assembled!
Along with the filly, yeah, I thought that was interesting too. He certainly looks like a stunner in the picture.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
BlindLucky

Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:34 pm

Interesting. Hakassan (Sir Cat x Fusaichi's Angel) headed to Millennium Farms.
Hakassan, winner of the 2012 Chilean Triple Crown and that year's champion 3-year-old in that country, has been imported to the United States to take up stallion duties at Millennium Farms near Lexington. His 2016 fee is private, with incentives for select mares.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... nium-farms
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Sparrow Castle

Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:19 pm

Happy Birthday, Elusive Quality.

Cute video on Darley's Twitter feed.
Darley ‏@DarleyStallions
playful #ElusiveQuality shows off his through-the-legs carrot trick on his 23rd birthday with groom Steve Clark.
https://twitter.com/DarleyStallions
mariasmon

Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:45 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Happy Birthday, Elusive Quality.

Darley ‏@DarleyStallions
playful #ElusiveQuality shows off his through-the-legs carrot trick on his 23rd birthday with groom Steve Clark.
That's great. He's been with Elusive Quality and Quiet American for years, back to when they were at Gainsborough. He's got such a nice relationship with them.
Sparrow Castle

Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:37 am

mariasmon wrote:

Darley ‏@DarleyStallions
That's great. He's been with Elusive Quality and Quiet American for years, back to when they were at Gainsborough. He's got such a nice relationship with them.
I didn't know they've been together so many years. No wonder they look so happy and comfortable with each other. Quiet American is one of my favorites. My gosh, I just realized, isn't he 30 this year! Wonder how he's doing.
Flanders

Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:48 am

BlindLucky wrote:Interesting. Hakassan (Sir Cat x Fusaichi's Angel) headed to Millennium Farms.
Hakassan, winner of the 2012 Chilean Triple Crown and that year's champion 3-year-old in that country, has been imported to the United States to take up stallion duties at Millennium Farms near Lexington. His 2016 fee is private, with incentives for select mares.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... nium-farms
What has he been up to for that past couple years? He hasn't raced since 2013 and his Bloodhorse stallion register page says he enters stud in 2016, so it doesn't seem like he was at stud.
Izvestia

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:43 pm

That video of Elusive Quality is awesome. The relationship that stallion groom has with the stallions is so respectful.
mariasmon

Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:09 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
mariasmon wrote:

Darley ‏@DarleyStallions
I didn't know they've been together so many years. No wonder they look so happy and comfortable with each other. Quiet American is one of my favorites. My gosh, I just realized, isn't he 30 this year! Wonder how he's doing.
When I was there earlier this month, they said he was doing well and they're planning a party for him on his actual birthday in April.
BlindLucky

Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:10 pm

Izvestia wrote:That video of Elusive Quality is awesome. The relationship that stallion groom has with the stallions is so respectful.
He's that way with Quiet American, too--who he calls the Sexy Senior Citizen. They've got a great relationship, lovely to see.
mariasmon

Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:11 pm

Quiet American talks to Steve and some of the other grooms. He doesn't chat with people he doesn't know, it seems :D The guys can get him going, though.
BlindLucky

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:13 pm

mariasmon wrote:Quiet American talks to Steve and some of the other grooms. He doesn't chat with people he doesn't know, it seems :D The guys can get him going, though.
Haha, yeah--Not So Quiet American :lol:
Sparrow Castle

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:39 pm

BlindLucky wrote:
mariasmon wrote:Quiet American talks to Steve and some of the other grooms. He doesn't chat with people he doesn't know, it seems :D The guys can get him going, though.
Thanks for all the fun info about Quiet American! So glad the Sexy Senior is doing well and enjoying his friends and retirement. :D Wish I lived closer to Kentucky.
WarBiscuit

Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:24 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
BlindLucky wrote:
Thanks for all the fun info about Quiet American! So glad the Sexy Senior is doing well and enjoying his friends and retirement. :D Wish I lived closer to Kentucky.
Spoke with a friend who visited Quiet American recently as well, and said that he is indeed in fine shape. I think it was Chris McCarron who mentioned that QA was a
talker and quite vocal even back in his racing days - several seasons ago now! Gets pretty animated sometimes, to the point that it can be quite funny. Enjoying his
retirement might be an understatement. Lives better than a lot of people I know :D ...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken