Stallion News

Flanders

Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:05 pm

stelladaniella wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:24 pm
Akitaperson wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:21 pm
BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:27 pm Do we have any good sons of Tiznow left standing here in the US?
Feels like Korea snapped up most of his best sons, like Tizway, Tiz Wonderful and Colonel John. :(
I think Tizdejavu is still here, but has he had any success?
According to bloodhorse there's none at any major ky farms. It stinks if I recall Tiznow was one of the few sires in the us carrying the man o war line, which in turn goes back to the godolphin arabian
Does anyone know how Da'Tara is doing in Venezuela?
So Venezuela is a Part 2 country so their Group/Graded Stakes are considered regular stakes in Part 1 countries. The JC says he has 11 starters, 3 winners, 1 SW, from 82 foals of racing age(this number probably includes his yearlings because of how SH foaling works and the JC just counts foals by year born). Considering his first crop was born in 2012, he isn't being used pretty much at all.

I question those numbers though. Maybe they aren't right because of the Part 2 thing.
Flanders

Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:02 pm

mahubah wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:03 pm
Flanders wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:23 pm
BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:27 pm Do we have any good sons of Tiznow left standing here in the US?
Feels like Korea snapped up most of his best sons, like Tizway, Tiz Wonderful and Colonel John. :(
I think Tizdejavu is still here, but has he had any success?
He has some sons in the regional market. I wouldn't go as far as calling any of them good though. Tourist was his only one on the 2023 General Sires List and he was around 120th. According to Bloodhorse, Tiznow has 2 that haven't had foals to race yet. Tour de Force who stands in Alberta, Canada has 10 2yos in his first crop. Tizamagician stood his first year in 2023 but only got 12 mares. He has some grandsons in regional markets as well.

Tizdejavu was pensioned in 2018.

The entire Godolphin Arabian sire line is in dire straits overall, not just Tiznow's line. There are some representatives here and there around the world but its not good. Its in better shape than the Byerly Turk line but its going that way.
Losing Irap in 2017 really stank. I'd had high hopes both that he might make a good 4-year-old and that he'd do well at stud, being a half brother to Speightstown.

May be some hope for survival of the Man o' War male line in Brazil, where Put It Back was a multiple champion sire; his champion son Pimper's Paradise (gag, I hate that name) is in the stud now. Gemologist is in Chile and has been a top-ten sire there for the last four years, but I think most of his best have been fillies. Honour and Glory sired several Group 1 winners in Argentina, but none of them have shown much as sires so far.
Irap and Midnight Bourbon were both huge losses.

Gemologist was sold to South Korea in 2021. Is Dennis' Moment at stud? I swear he went to stud in 2023 but he doesn't have a RMB and it says his DNA kit was resent but not returned yet. I don't think he showed up when I looked up Tiznow sons on Bloodhorse's stallion register.

There are a couple from the Diktat/Warning/Known Fact/In Reality line in Europe in Dream Ahead and a few of his sons, G1SWs Al Wukair and Donjuan Triumphant. Really hoping that some breeders decided to use Dream Ahead more after he got MG1s Glass Slippers and Dream of Dreams.

Bertrando has a son in California, Tamarando, who is doing okay for a regional sire, he just hasn't been used much. He has 4 SWs from 63 foals of racing age, in 5 crops(including current 2yos).

Bal A Bali is in Kentucky but well. Calumet so enough said.
Nenikikamen23

Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:35 am

Anyone know where Plainsman is? He's no longer on Buck Pond's website
A is for Arrogate, A is for absolute superstar, A is for anointing
Slewfan2

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:18 am

TapitsGal wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:11 pm https://paulickreport.com/news/bloodsto ... vOG2iUgvKg

Nice story on mineshaft. He's one of my favorites. Bill Farish said in the article he's probably in his last year of stallion duty
A lovely story - and a testament to being patient with a sire

I love Mineshaft - such an underrated horse and sire
Akitaperson

Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:04 am

Flanders wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:02 pm
mahubah wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:03 pm
Flanders wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:23 pm

He has some sons in the regional market. I wouldn't go as far as calling any of them good though. Tourist was his only one on the 2023 General Sires List and he was around 120th. According to Bloodhorse, Tiznow has 2 that haven't had foals to race yet. Tour de Force who stands in Alberta, Canada has 10 2yos in his first crop. Tizamagician stood his first year in 2023 but only got 12 mares. He has some grandsons in regional markets as well.

Tizdejavu was pensioned in 2018.

The entire Godolphin Arabian sire line is in dire straits overall, not just Tiznow's line. There are some representatives here and there around the world but its not good. Its in better shape than the Byerly Turk line but its going that way.
Losing Irap in 2017 really stank. I'd had high hopes both that he might make a good 4-year-old and that he'd do well at stud, being a half brother to Speightstown.

May be some hope for survival of the Man o' War male line in Brazil, where Put It Back was a multiple champion sire; his champion son Pimper's Paradise (gag, I hate that name) is in the stud now. Gemologist is in Chile and has been a top-ten sire there for the last four years, but I think most of his best have been fillies. Honour and Glory sired several Group 1 winners in Argentina, but none of them have shown much as sires so far.
Irap and Midnight Bourbon were both huge losses.

Gemologist was sold to South Korea in 2021. Is Dennis' Moment at stud? I swear he went to stud in 2023 but he doesn't have a RMB and it says his DNA kit was resent but not returned yet. I don't think he showed up when I looked up Tiznow sons on Bloodhorse's stallion register.

There are a couple from the Diktat/Warning/Known Fact/In Reality line in Europe in Dream Ahead and a few of his sons, G1SWs Al Wukair and Donjuan Triumphant. Really hoping that some breeders decided to use Dream Ahead more after he got MG1s Glass Slippers and Dream of Dreams.

Bertrando has a son in California, Tamarando, who is doing okay for a regional sire, he just hasn't been used much. He has 4 SWs from 63 foals of racing age, in 5 crops(including current 2yos).

Bal A Bali is in Kentucky but well. Calumet so enough said.

You are correct I looked Dennis Moment up and bloodhorse did an article he was sent to stud in Wyoming.

Edit I found a new article hes been moved again. I swear this horse doesn't stick in one spot long

https://paulickreport.com/news/dennis-m ... g-for-2024
Akitaperson

Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:07 am

Nenikikamen23 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:35 am Anyone know where Plainsman is? He's no longer on Buck Pond's website
Per the stallion register hes still listed at Buck Pond for 2024. Unless he's been moved since the register updated
brunanas

Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:03 am

Flanders wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:02 pm Is Dennis' Moment at stud? I swear he went to stud in 2023 but he doesn't have a RMB and it says his DNA kit was resent but not returned yet. I don't think he showed up when I looked up Tiznow sons on Bloodhorse's stallion register.
i was going to point this out... he isn't in the stallion register. he was OFFERED at stud, i guess, which doesn't mean he was bred to anything.
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:17 am

I remember when Irap died. It was truly devastating. There was a strong chance he would've raced at four.

Tiznow had many sons go to stud, and several of them have sired G1Ws and MGSWs. The problem is they didn't do this consistently enough so the Kentucky farms ship them out for not being commercial.
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
tachyon

Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:45 am

Red Le Zele(JPN)(Lord Kanaloa), JBC Sprint winner & two-time Dubai Golden Shaheen runner-up, has been retired from racing.
He will stand at East Stud.

https://umatoku.hochi.co.jp/articles/20 ... 51249.html
Flanders

Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:17 pm

Nenikikamen23 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:35 am Anyone know where Plainsman is? He's no longer on Buck Pond's website
Can add Wildcat Red to that as well. He RNA'd in 2023 Keeneland January and doesn't have a RMB for 2023 and isn't standing anywhere that I can find. They used to stand V.E. Day, then sold him, the new farm tried to sell him, they got him back and pensioned him. So maybe they are still there and just not standing? Shancelot is their only stallion that I can remember them standing recently that they either didn't move(their other 2 new 2023 stallions moved to War Horse Place) or didn't offer to sale (Skipshot also went through one of the sales in 2021 and RNA'd).
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:56 pm

Slew’s Tiznow is listed as being "out of retirement" in the 2024 CTBA stallion register.

I guess they decided against pensioning him.
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
Mylute

Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:16 pm

2xG1W A Case of You (Hot Streak) will stand in South Africa at Drakenstein Stud.
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... uth-africa

Also, Sharp Frank (Frankel) will stand there. He is a 1/2 sibling to MG1W Oh Susanna and the dam is 1/2 to G1W Spring At Last.
Akitaperson

Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:36 pm

Flanders wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:17 pm
Can add Wildcat Red to that as well. He RNA'd in 2023 Keeneland January and doesn't have a RMB for 2023 and isn't standing anywhere that I can find. They used to stand V.E. Day, then sold him, the new farm tried to sell him, they got him back and pensioned him. So maybe they are still there and just not standing? Shancelot is their only stallion that I can remember them standing recently that they either didn't move(their other 2 new 2023 stallions moved to War Horse Place) or didn't offer to sale (Skipshot also went through one of the sales in 2021 and RNA'd).

Was Plainsman pulled from Buck Pond recently? He's still listed on bloodhorse at there farm for 2024
Flanders

Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:27 pm

Akitaperson wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:36 pm
Flanders wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:17 pm

Was Plainsman pulled from Buck Pond recently? He's still listed on bloodhorse at there farm for 2024
I don't know. His page on Buck Pond's site goes to a 404 not found page and he isn't listed as a stallion there. The announcement that Hog Creek Hustle and Sacred Life were moving to War Horse was in December. The thing with Bloodhorse stallion directory is, if he was submitted as standing there, they don't change it until other information is sent in for the stallion. If no other information is sent then it will just list the last year that they had information for a couple years, for example there are at least 2022 stud fees still shown for some stallions. Like it does for Wildcat Red.
TapitsGal

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:23 pm

Farewell Eskendereya. Heart failure
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... IhZR-UURoQ
Akitaperson

Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:46 am

According to this post comments Volponi and Officer have been gelded. I wonder if Tiz Wonderful and Forest have been

https://twitter.com/knI6ewje2Rl3RGw/sta ... 0A4VA&s=19
Flanders

Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:47 am

Akitaperson wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:46 am According to this post comments Volponi and Officer have been gelded. I wonder if Tiz Wonderful and Forest have been

https://twitter.com/knI6ewje2Rl3RGw/sta ... 0A4VA&s=19
I would say yes since they are in the same paddock.
flytpthestars

Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:20 am

It does look likr Tiz Wonderful on the left but Forest Camp only has a star so the horse on the right is a different one

Edit: Nevermind- had a wrong picture of Forest.

Im kind of surprised Tiz had been pensioned quickly
Flanders

Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:54 am

flytpthestars wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:20 am It does look likr Tiz Wonderful on the left but Forest Camp only has a star so the horse on the right is a different one

Edit: Nevermind- had a wrong picture of Forest.

Im kind of surprised Tiz had been pensioned quickly
I saw your first post (before you edited) and it made me go searching cause I was sure Forest Camp had a blaze. Anyway...I found a Youtube channel that posts shorts of the Korean stallions. :) So this mistake caused a great find. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/@user-rx8nx5yk7e

The description of the Hansen short "It is famous for its sometimes foul temper, and since it was breeding season at the time of filming, it bites the people involved more frequently than usual, so it is released after the morning or afternoon breeding schedule. As long as there are no major changes (since you have to graze and eat in the pasture), you can meet them in the open section when you visit the ranch. In addition, unlike other countries, Korea has a very low awareness of horse " lol He has a muzzle on in the short.
Akitaperson

Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:01 pm

Exceed and Excel has been pensioned

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4JudN-J ... lyb3M5ZQ==