Zenyatta News

EquineAnne

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:49 am

swale1984 wrote:
EquineAnne wrote:I can't handle stuff like that. I prefer to watch the nut whinnying in the paddock, running like crazy -- Cozmic One. Does anyone have a link to that old video?

Here you go, Anne!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4mPY3aXqL0
Thank you! He's a trip. I can see why John is losing his hair. LOL, I love his personality. Thanks again.
Carotene

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:07 pm

I'd never seen that video - thank you! It was great! What a handful he was & still is from the sounds of it!

I like Coz a bit more now lol!

Can you imagine being any one of those LE's employees? Especially the one in the video, "Ho hum...just standing here talking to a reporter and Zenyatta and her foal casually walk by." Zen-freaking-yatta!! Maybe they get used to it, but stiiiill!! :)

Jenn
Formerly Play the King
EquineAnne

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:03 pm

Carotene wrote:I'd never seen that video - thank you! It was great! What a handful he was & still is from the sounds of it!

I like Coz a bit more now lol!

Can you imagine being any one of those LE's employees? Especially the one in the video, "Ho hum...just standing here talking to a reporter and Zenyatta and her foal casually walk by." Zen-freaking-yatta!! Maybe they get used to it, but stiiiill!! :)

Jenn
I get such a chuckle watching it. He's a noisy little bugger.
Macaroni

Wed May 27, 2015 11:27 am

Zenyatta is 36 days in foal to War Front!

http://www.zenyatta.com/news/zenyatta-i ... -297717685
serenassong

Wed May 27, 2015 12:43 pm

Macaroni wrote:Zenyatta is 36 days in foal to War Front!

http://www.zenyatta.com/news/zenyatta-i ... -297717685
Nice! Hope she has a filly again. Tried to read the article, but the server is down, will try again later on.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Life At Zen

Wed May 27, 2015 1:49 pm

And there's still people on FB commenting that they are using her as a money machine (funny considering they aren't selling any of her foals and so far they've done nothing but cost them money) and "Doesn't she ever get time to just be a horse!!!???" Y'know, because every single day she doesn't get to roam acres of pasture, eat, and sunbathe.....
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Life At Zen

Wed May 27, 2015 1:55 pm

Cindy Parsons Guilfoyle Okay...when is it enough tho??? really????

Lela Alexander They sure picked a crappy stud to breed to this fine mare. The stud's pedigree is filled with cripples.

Lisa K. Kuehl I wish you would just let her retire from all of this. She deserves to rest after all she has given of herself.

Andy Gomez Really? Poor Queen.

Sharon Joan Pergoda this is no different than a puppy mill...perpetually pregnant for profit

Judy Schmelig Will she ever get to just be a horse and not a money maker?
Sheepish

Wed May 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Insane Crazy

Wed May 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Yeah, because she looks so tormented and depressed in that photo with her soft eye, full flesh, and a coat full of (approximately, of course, as the angle isn't very good for counting) a zillion dapples.

Oi!
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
TBird

Wed May 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Life At Zen wrote:
Cindy Parsons Guilfoyle Okay...when is it enough tho??? really????

Lela Alexander They sure picked a crappy stud to breed to this fine mare. The stud's pedigree is filled with cripples.

Lisa K. Kuehl I wish you would just let her retire from all of this. She deserves to rest after all she has given of herself.

Andy Gomez Really? Poor Queen.

Sharon Joan Pergoda this is no different than a puppy mill...perpetually pregnant for profit

Judy Schmelig Will she ever get to just be a horse and not a money maker?

All the reasons why it's best for owners not to share any info.
mariasmon

Wed May 27, 2015 3:50 pm

It is truly alarming how clueless people are. Also, Zenyatta is not making them any money. She and her offspring are only costing money, lots of it, right now. Sure, if one of the colts (let's say Ziconic, since Cozmic One doesn't have a prayer) wins a G1, there will be a stud deal. But, since Zenyatta retired, she hasn't made a dime.
BlindLucky

Wed May 27, 2015 4:47 pm

mariasmon wrote:It is truly alarming how clueless people are. Also, Zenyatta is not making them any money. She and her offspring are only costing money, lots of it, right now. Sure, if one of the colts (let's say Ziconic, since Cozmic One doesn't have a prayer) wins a G1, there will be a stud deal. But, since Zenyatta retired, she hasn't made a dime.
Yup, exactly.

And the puppy mill comment speaks volumes. They're equating her with a household pet, and sometimes to a human who is pregnant 24/7. "OMG how would you like to be constantly pregnant?????" (because the more question marks you add, clearly the more serious you are).

These comments are why I try--many times in vain :lol:--to stay away from internet posts, because these are the "horses should run free in meadows with butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and Bambi" crowd.

Edit: I did it again, I read the Wise Dan posts about him being cleared to gallop. Apparently he also has greedy connections who are trying to kill him. The interwebz are bad for the blood pressure :D
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
swale1984

Wed May 27, 2015 5:39 pm

Wonder if any of them follow the wild horse herds. They'd be appalled at the mares having foals EVERY YEAR. Those poor things, out there in those rough conditions, pregnant all the time...they probably think the BLM roundups are good things! :roll:

I'm hoping that this foal is as beautiful as Z Princess. Man, she was just gorgeous.
Macaroni

Wed May 27, 2015 9:52 pm

swale1984 wrote:Wonder if any of them follow the wild horse herds. They'd be appalled at the mares having foals EVERY YEAR. Those poor things, out there in those rough conditions, pregnant all the time...they probably think the BLM roundups are good things! :roll:

I'm hoping that this foal is as beautiful as Z Princess. Man, she was just gorgeous.
I tried to explain that to some people on her FB page...it was hopeless.
EquineAnne

Thu May 28, 2015 11:58 pm

swale1984 wrote:Wonder if any of them follow the wild horse herds. They'd be appalled at the mares having foals EVERY YEAR. Those poor things, out there in those rough conditions, pregnant all the time...they probably think the BLM roundups are good things! :roll:

Yeah, but her kin are all cripples! LMFAO
swale1984

Fri May 29, 2015 12:12 pm

Bloodhorse just posted the story on facebook today. Of course, there were the crazies there, saying that it should be "illegal" to breed them every year. I threw out the fact about wild horses again, and the best response was, "so, you're saying wild horses don't (gasp) have safe sex?!?

In addition, everyone is throwing out the "they should have bred her to (enter name of favorite race horse). Yep...you just pick a random stallion without going to look at conformation, size, pedigree, etc. Ugh.
Vandalay

Fri May 29, 2015 12:43 pm

Also consider that in the herd mares would get bred on foal heat, we do them a favor by waiting until the next cycle, not to mention not breeding them if there's a health issue,..in the herd if they're in heat, they get bred regardless
Flanders

Fri May 29, 2015 2:28 pm

Bloodhorse.com article:
Person one: "Congratulations, I'm thinking another gorgeous princess may be in the oven.."
Person two replies: "How about twins...Colt and a Filly!"
swale1984

Fri May 29, 2015 2:37 pm

Flanders wrote:Bloodhorse.com article:
Person one: "Congratulations, I'm thinking another gorgeous princess may be in the oven.."
Person two replies: "How about twins...Colt and a Filly!"
Oh make it stop!!!
Life At Zen

Fri May 29, 2015 3:44 pm

There ARE some good comments on the Bloodhorse article. For example:

The Bid •6 hours ago
BLAME should be NEXT!!!!

Fred Lyon> The Bid •5 hours ago
No! He already screwed her once...