Zenyatta News

Retrospectiv

Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:23 pm

mimi6920 wrote:I heard that Zenyatta has not yet been bred this year. They are shooting for April.
That would make no sense, unless she's had a medical issue. Waiting that long, if she doesn't catch on the first go you're losing valuable time quickly to get her in foal by a decent date. I figured she'd have been in the shed the 1st few weeks they were open. Even if they did breed in April for a March foal, there's always the breed back after foaling dates to worry about as well.
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
halo

Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:00 pm

I think she's already been bred.
mimi6920

Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:07 pm

I am just repeating what I was told...
Flanders

Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:12 pm

I would think she has as well. They aren't going to announce it until she is 60-90 days in foal. The first year, when she was bred to Bernardini, she lost the pregnancy early but they had already announced she was in foal. They then had to announce she had miscarried. Then the fans were crying and some started telling their own miscarriage stories, this was on the Zenyatta forum. Her connections learned the lesson to not say anything until she is further along.
Flanders

Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:13 pm

mimi6920 wrote:I am just repeating what I was told...
I don't doubt that was what you were told. I don't think anyone does. I just don't think what you were told was true.
Katewerk

Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Would it really matter? It's not like her first have been hitting the track as 2 year olds.
EquineAnne

Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Flanders wrote:I would think she has as well. They aren't going to announce it until she is 60-90 days in foal. The first year, when she was bred to Bernardini, she lost the pregnancy early but they had already announced she was in foal. They then had to announce she had miscarried. Then the fans were crying and some started telling their own miscarriage stories, this was on the Zenyatta forum. Her connections learned the lesson to not say anything until she is further along.
Thanks for the laugh. It's been a bad day. That made me chuckle. These folks are really cookoo, huh.
Flanders

Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:13 am

EquineAnne wrote:
Flanders wrote:I would think she has as well. They aren't going to announce it until she is 60-90 days in foal. The first year, when she was bred to Bernardini, she lost the pregnancy early but they had already announced she was in foal. They then had to announce she had miscarried. Then the fans were crying and some started telling their own miscarriage stories, this was on the Zenyatta forum. Her connections learned the lesson to not say anything until she is further along.
Thanks for the laugh. It's been a bad day. That made me chuckle. These folks are really cookoo, huh.
That was the point where I stopped going to that webpage to check for updates. Now I just watch for them to pop up on here or Facebook. I avoid the comments/message section of that webpage at all costs. Of course, the Bloodhorse comments section is getting to about that level too. If you are having a bad day, just head over to Bloodhorse, look for a stupid comment, give them a honest response, they will come back talking crap, and then you get to be mean. Its lots of fun. I know this really isn't the place but someone told me that ISIS practices beheading US horses, in Turkey, in order to learn how to behead people.
EquineAnne

Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:51 am

Flanders wrote:
EquineAnne wrote:
That was the point where I stopped going to that webpage to check for updates. Now I just watch for them to pop up on here or Facebook. I avoid the comments/message section of that webpage at all costs. Of course, the Bloodhorse comments section is getting to about that level too. If you are having a bad day, just head over to Bloodhorse, look for a stupid comment, give them a honest response, they will come back talking crap, and then you get to be mean. Its lots of fun. I know this really isn't the place but someone told me that ISIS practices beheading US horses, in Turkey, in order to learn how to behead people.
oh my Lord.
Admin

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:38 am

Katewerk wrote:Would it really matter? It's not like her first have been hitting the track as 2 year olds.
Well, it does matter in getting the mare in foal. The later the breeding date, the closer you'll be at having to skip a year. Since she just skipped a year, one would think she would've been bred in Feb or otherwise asap. Not that I care or trying to get into their business, but it'd be rather difficult to imagine waiting for no reason, so would assume there is a reason if she ends up with a later cover date.
"This is how we roll in the Shire." -- Leonard
mariasmon

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:44 am

She was bred on 3/17. Don't know if she got in foal.
Carotene

Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:38 pm

There is a memorial on Zenyatta for PrincessZ who would have been a year old today.

Warning: If you cried in October with this sad news, you'll cry again watching the videos. She really was a beauty & charmer. The music they added to the second video just about did me in even had the video not.

http://www.zenyatta.com/z-princess-memorial#

Jenn

(Thankfully, doesn't look like any comments can be added so it can remain a nice memorial.)
Formerly Play the King
Life At Zen

Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Carotene wrote:There is a memorial on Zenyatta for PrincessZ who would have been a year old today.

Warning: If you cried in October with this sad news, you'll cry again watching the videos. She really was a beauty & charmer. The music they added to the second video just about did me in even had the video not.

Jenn

(Thankfully, doesn't look like any comments can be added so it can remain a nice memorial.)
Yeah I won't lie, I cried like a baby. She was so beautiful. Such a shame.
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Life At Zen

Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:18 pm

mariasmon wrote:She was bred on 3/17. Don't know if she got in foal.
So at least another 30 days before we hear anything. I'm surprised they waited till March to breed her?
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
islandgirl45

Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:39 pm

Carotene wrote:There is a memorial on Zenyatta for PrincessZ who would have been a year old today.

Jenn

That was a sweet video. And the music!
Oh, for what could have been.
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
~President Dwight Eisenhower
TBird

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:10 pm

Life At Zen wrote:
So at least another 30 days before we hear anything. I'm surprised they waited till March to breed her?
A March breeding usually results in a February foal, which is plenty early. There are lots of people who don't like having foals in January.
Stormin Wife

Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:10 am

TBird wrote:
Life At Zen wrote:
A March breeding usually results in a February foal, which is plenty early. There are lots of people who don't like having foals in January.
Like TBird said and also some mares don't necessarily cooperate with their cycles to be covered at the beginning of the season, it's also possible she was covered twice and that may not have been publicized.
EquineAnne

Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:55 pm

I can't handle stuff like that. I prefer to watch the nut whinnying in the paddock, running like crazy -- Cozmic One. Does anyone have a link to that old video?
swale1984

Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:18 pm

EquineAnne wrote:I can't handle stuff like that. I prefer to watch the nut whinnying in the paddock, running like crazy -- Cozmic One. Does anyone have a link to that old video?

Here you go, Anne!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4mPY3aXqL0
BornToWin

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:21 am

The Memorial is lovely and yet evokes such a sense of loss. To watch something beautiful fade and wither even as it just began to bloom...

The video of the naughty First Son kind of takes on new meaning given what we've heard John S. say about Coz being hard to handle. Now if John can harness that temperament down the track... however that is done.

I wonder how the full brother to Zenyatta is coming along.