Zenyatta News

bare it all

Tue May 06, 2014 8:16 pm

I hold my breath that she would visit Japan and a stallion like Deep Impact or Daiwa Major. Something Sunday Silence line... I can't do a nick but I have to think Hail To Reason over Mr Prospector is A.
Private Thoughts

Wed May 07, 2014 10:05 am

bare it all wrote:I hold my breath that she would visit Japan and a stallion like Deep Impact or Daiwa Major. Something Sunday Silence line... I can't do a nick but I have to think Hail To Reason over Mr Prospector is A.
At True Nicks if you cross her with Hat Trick, who is a son of Sunday Silence, you get an A++.

So I am assuming Deep Impact would give similar results.

I would love to see a Deep Impact foal by Zenyatta.
serenassong

Wed May 07, 2014 10:37 am

Private Thoughts wrote:
bare it all wrote:I hold my breath that she would visit Japan and a stallion like Deep Impact or Daiwa Major. Something Sunday Silence line... I can't do a nick but I have to think Hail To Reason over Mr Prospector is A.
At True Nicks if you cross her with Hat Trick, who is a son of Sunday Silence, you get an A++.

Yes, please. Not that it would happen, unless DI decides to make a visit here.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
swale1984

Wed May 07, 2014 11:15 am

Private Thoughts wrote:

And people think Coz is high strung....Z was a nervous sort on the track (hence the cotton in her ears), and the Halo line is notorious for temperament issues. From a pedigree standpoint, I love this, but from potential behavior standpoint, EEK.
serenassong

Wed May 07, 2014 11:50 am

Is DI a nervous type of stallion- perhaps some of our Japanese posters can enlighten us? Just curious.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Life At Zen

Wed May 07, 2014 1:23 pm

swale1984 wrote:
Private Thoughts wrote:

And people think Coz is high strung....Z was a nervous sort on the track (hence the cotton in her ears), and the Halo line is notorious for temperament issues. From a pedigree standpoint, I love this, but from potential behavior standpoint, EEK.
I'm fairly certain Shirreffs puts cotton in all of his horses ears all the time (day/night), because HP was on a flight path and loud 747's were always flying overhead. He never changed it for race day even at other tracks cause the horses were used to the muffled sound.
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
amfuller

Wed May 07, 2014 2:57 pm

I don't think Zenyatta was high strung at all until it came race day and then you saw a different side. She was always relaxed from what I could see. Her nervous "dance" most always was race times.
amfuller
BaroqueAgain1

Wed May 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Zen wasn't always the Queen of Zen Calm...I remember her exercise rider, Steve Willard, had tales of her dumping him on many occasions as she went through her training. Called her a bit of 'a hussy,' I think. :lol:
She was generally very accepting of humans on the ground (testament to the kindness and patience of her human connections), but I think when the saddle went on, she was rather...um...energetic? ;)
swale1984

Wed May 07, 2014 11:22 pm

From what I've read, sons of Roberto are quite feisty (see Dynaformer!), and Halo's nasty temperament is also legendary Roberto and Halo are both sons of Hail to Reason, who by all accounts, had an excellent disposition. I just think that Zenyatta, while gentle with her people, got a touch of that high strung temper that manifested more in her nervous "dance" than in some of the antics Halo and Dynaformer. IMO, doubling up that bloodline could produce a brilliant runner, but it could also produce a horse that is more devil than angel.
BornToWin

Thu May 08, 2014 1:20 pm

Gosh, I didn't realize anyone thought Cozmic One was high strung... he seems pretty calm in all his videos.

These off-spring won't be pumped full of steroids from little on, or other performance drugs--so what we'll see are the genuine horses. Then the owners must try to sort out the genuine temperaments of the stallions identified as potential mates.
amfuller

Tue May 20, 2014 8:56 am

"Z Princess" love her customer foal tag. ;) No doubt she is a filly. She looks like a girl. I can't wait to see some summer pics once she's shed her foal coat.
http://www.zenyatta.com/news/spring-hol ... lebrations
Last edited by amfuller on Tue May 20, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amfuller
islandgirl45

Tue May 20, 2014 11:23 am

The picture of "Z Princess" checking out her stuffed animal is a cuteness overload.
I'm gonna guess Ann Moss seriously spoils this baby girl. :D
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
~President Dwight Eisenhower
amfuller

Wed May 28, 2014 4:15 pm

New pics of Z14 and Life is Sweet's Tapit colt also.
http://www.zenyatta.com/news/may-photos ... -and-filly
amfuller
TapitsGal

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:40 am

http://www.zenyatta.com/news/cozmic-one-at-belmont

Cozmic One has arrived at Belmont Park to train with John Sherriffs!!!
EquineAnne

Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:56 am

TapitsGal wrote:http://www.zenyatta.com/news/cozmic-one-at-belmont

Cozmic One has arrived at Belmont Park to train with John Sherriffs!!!
It's scary how fast time goes by...
BornToWin

Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:31 pm

How fun for all the fans at Belmont this weekend!
Kelly Kip

Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:18 pm

BornToWin wrote:How fun for all the fans at Belmont this weekend!
How? Unless they have backside access & permission of the Shirreffs crew, Coz will NOT be on open display for the general public.
Last edited by Kelly Kip on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:20 pm

Fun for the fans? Do you think they're going to see Zen's colt out on the track on Saturday?
I doubt that Coz' is going anywhere near the frontside at Belmont this weekend. Subjecting a baby to all that commotion is the last thing any trainer would do.
mariasmon

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:13 pm

It amazes me how many people don't know how to spell John Shirreffs.
Life At Zen

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:32 pm

mariasmon wrote:It amazes me how many people don't know how to spell John Shirreffs.
snort
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch