Zenyatta News

EquineAnne

Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:25 pm

serenassong wrote:
Sheepish wrote:O. M. G.

Look at that caboose.

Holy crap- we know which side of the genetic tree that came from, huh? :D

gorgeous little thing, isn't she. Boy, Z has nice babies.
amfuller

Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:55 am

EquineAnne wrote:
Sheepish wrote:O. M. G.

Look at that caboose.

only Caboose? The other end is pretty significant as well. The area in between is kind of short, no?
I think it looks short because of the angle. Either way she is built nicely. That is one heck of a shoulder.
amfuller
Private Thoughts

Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:48 am

She is a stunning little girl. As mentioned, it seems each of her foals is nicer looking than the last.

Love that curly mane, reminds me of Gate Dancer's mane. She is certainly a nice package.

In reading the post on her blog it mentioned that Life is Sweet foaled right before Zenyatta and right across the aisle from her. So they will still be paddock mates. I think that is pretty cool. They must as well to have mentioned it in her blog.
Blue Jeans

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:35 am

Good heavens! Double pleasure! Just posted how much I enjoyed the link someone shared with the latest pics of baby Z.

Was more than happy to read about Life Is Sweet, another favorite, and remember that she was no 'Morning Glory'. What a cutie she was, and hope they share her baby's pics with us. Fun day.
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction. ~ Cowboy saying

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing. ~ Will Rogers
8596wool

Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Blue Jeans wrote:Good heavens! Double pleasure! Just posted how much I enjoyed the link someone shared with the latest pics of baby Z.

Was more than happy to read about Life Is Sweet, another favorite, and remember that she was no 'Morning Glory'. What a cutie she was, and hope they share her baby's pics with us. Fun day.
Ditto!

The Sherriffs video of LIS pretending she was "sleeping" are funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idWtmffgNzU
EquineAnne

Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Private Thoughts wrote:She is a stunning little girl. As mentioned, it seems each of her foals is nicer looking than the last.

Love that curly mane, reminds me of Gate Dancer's mane. She is certainly a nice package.

In reading the post on her blog it mentioned that Life is Sweet foaled right before Zenyatta and right across the aisle from her. So they will still be paddock mates. I think that is pretty cool. They must as well to have mentioned it in her blog.
I imagine horses know what's going on by sounds etc. Perhaps LIS foaling enticed Z to get the job over.
serenassong

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:20 am

EquineAnne wrote:
Private Thoughts wrote:She is a stunning little girl. As mentioned, it seems each of her foals is nicer looking than the last.

I imagine horses know what's going on by sounds etc. Perhaps LIS foaling enticed Z to get the job over.
They definitely do. In watching the cams at Winstar- it's entertaining to watch the reaction by other mares as one just down the aisle is giving birth. They stand at the front, pace and sometimes call out. I saw two births within about 10 minutes of each other this year.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
BornToWin

Fri May 02, 2014 2:03 pm

A Derbytime news story with video about Cozmic One and he doesn't look so docile!
http://www.wave3.com/story/25402801/fro ... dy-to-bolt
Sheepish

Fri May 02, 2014 2:22 pm

That's funny. I'd say it's a phase, but it seems he was something of a little sh*t as a foal soooo... it's doesn't look like he's mean, just being a bit of a bratty colt.
TBird

Fri May 02, 2014 3:53 pm

BornToWin wrote:A Derbytime news story with video about Cozmic One and he doesn't look so docile!
http://www.wave3.com/story/25402801/fro ... dy-to-bolt
He just looks like a perfectly normal two year old colt being described by a reporter who doesn't know very much about horses.
8596wool

Fri May 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Sheepish wrote:That's funny. I'd say it's a phase, but it seems he was something of a little sh*t as a foal soooo... it's doesn't look like he's mean, just being a bit of a bratty colt.
Cosmc One was a pampered "little star" from the day he was born. Loved the attention he got...all the time. Loved the camera...was a"camera hog"
No surprise he thinks he is "queen of the may" :lol: :lol: !
Private Thoughts

Sat May 03, 2014 2:42 pm

Gosh if he is a brat, can you imagine what his little sister is going to be like when she gets older? She will no doubt be more spoiled than he was and in my experience with horses, the fillies and mares were always more moody and temperamental than the boys. She may be a handful.
Kay16

Sat May 03, 2014 4:09 pm

I understand that Cozmic One isn't as flashy as his brother and sister but I think he's completely underrated in the looks department when compared to them. He sure has grown into a looker. Tall, dark and handsome he is. Still love that video of him as a foal squealing and running all over.
Izvestia

Sat May 03, 2014 4:39 pm

He didn't seem that bad, he is a colt, he is 2.
Native Diver

Sat May 03, 2014 5:01 pm

I watched it too and didn't think he was bad at all for a 2 year old colt. They are typically nippy, mouthy and they just don't yet have the manners of a grown horse. They're still very much kids, regardless of their size. I've been around some 2 year olds (even ones handled regularly and expertly) that were MORE than a handful, you'd best be on your toes constantly around them. He doesn't strike me as one of those.
Lakeway

Sat May 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Kay16 wrote:I understand that Cozmic One isn't as flashy as his brother and sister but I think he's completely underrated in the looks department when compared to them. He sure has grown into a looker. Tall, dark and handsome he is. Still love that video of him as a foal squealing and running all over.
More like dad, Bernardini - no white, etc...
BornToWin

Sun May 04, 2014 6:54 am

I think he is perfect. Spunk and lots of classic TB looks. A beautiful colt with lots of potential that is being cultivated. Lots of attention only enhanced Zenyatta's temperament. Cozmic One is one to watch--and we all are! :)
Private Thoughts

Sun May 04, 2014 10:08 am

He is gorgeous! Nothing wrong with him knowing he is special. If he takes that attitude to the track might help make him a champion one day.

I agree, he does look alot like his sire, but then his sire is an extremely handsome animal.
EquineAnne

Sun May 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Kay16 wrote:I understand that Cozmic One isn't as flashy as his brother and sister but I think he's completely underrated in the looks department when compared to them. He sure has grown into a looker. Tall, dark and handsome he is. Still love that video of him as a foal squealing and running all over.
Me too! First time I heard that running squeal. I laughed and laughed. I dig Coz.
Sheepish

Mon May 05, 2014 12:53 pm

They just announced that Zenyatta won't be bred this year. As usual, I can't get on the website to read the whole thing.