Zenyatta News

Lakeway

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:31 pm

sweettalk wrote:if the idea is to get as close to jan 1 as possible, i'm just wondering when they'd stop and "reset her clock". i'm not a breeder, i've never bred anything let alone a race horse, so any input regarding when it's starting to get too late would be well received on my end.
I asked this question about a week ago - it's in this section "Breeding & Sales" and the topic is "Serious Question for Breeders".
Last edited by Lakeway on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
sweettalk

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:57 pm

Lakeway wrote:
sweettalk wrote:if the idea is to get as close to jan 1 as possible, i'm just wondering when they'd stop and "reset her clock". i'm not a breeder, i've never bred anything let alone a race horse, so any input regarding when it's starting to get too late would be well received on my end.
I asked this question about a week ago - it's in this section "Breeding" and the topic is "Serious Question for Breeders".
ohh, thank you! headed over there.
BornToWin

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:40 am

It is refreshing that the off-spring of this extraordinary race mare are named for her and not the sire. Whatever Zenyatta meant when she was named, today it means her. Not a song, not a mining company. Zenyatta is a cosmic one. She is an icon. Zenyatta!

And she continues to give back to the sport as her fans watch her foals grow with hopeful anticipation that her off-spring will be as good --or better a race horse as she was in her time. Not doped. Not shocked. But carefully managed and respected as champion. She is good for the sport. She is great for the sport.

Naysayers should count their blessings that she exists as a testament to honest racing.

It is a treat to see her mated to a variety of stallions and a pleasure to be able to watch these youngsters develop. Unreal as it may be, the relationship her fans have with her is personal. As if she belonged to all of us.
krmemories

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:58 am

Is anyone concerned that we have not seen any "official" full body shots of precious Z14?
ThreeMustangs

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:21 pm

Admin wrote:Ditto, Lakeway. I'd see no reason to not breed her this year. I wouldn't even mind if/when we reach the point (this year or another year) where she's breeding in June as I love May babies. Since they're going to race the babies, they don't have to worry so much about selling a mare in foal on an early cover date or having a weanling or yearling that's mature at sale time.
At the rate Z and her family matures, even if they aimed for a Jan 1 foal, it still would not be ready for a sale, even as a 2yo. :)
amfuller

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:59 pm

krmemories wrote:Is anyone concerned that we have not seen any "official" full body shots of precious Z14?
It was weeks before we got full body pics of Ziconic. Remember everybody started speulating that something was wrong with his legs. And yet everything was fine. Also, someone that works there actually leaked a really blurry pic of Z and 14Z in the stall after her birth with her standing. I'll try and find it and post it. She's fine.

Here's the pic.
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 8308_n.jpg
amfuller
krmemories

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:14 pm

Thanks for posting the pic, amfuller. I did see this photo posted on the Zenyatta forum but I wasn't sure about its authenticity. You're right, no need to worry.
shortlead

Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:19 pm

BornToWin wrote:It is refreshing that the off-spring of this extraordinary race mare are named for her and not the sire. Whatever Zenyatta meant when she was named, today it means her. Not a song, not a mining company. Zenyatta is a cosmic one. She is an icon. Zenyatta!

And she continues to give back to the sport as her fans watch her foals grow with hopeful anticipation that her off-spring will be as good --or better a race horse as she was in her time. Not doped. Not shocked. But carefully managed and respected as champion. She is good for the sport. She is great for the sport.

Naysayers should count their blessings that she exists as a testament to honest racing.

It is a treat to see her mated to a variety of stallions and a pleasure to be able to watch these youngsters develop. Unreal as it may be, the relationship her fans have with her is personal. As if she belonged to all of us.

Amen, BornToWin!
Give me that short lead, give me that win by a nose, get them all home safely!
violabella

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:22 pm

mariasmon wrote:
sweettalk wrote:it's really cool that you know, but "i know and you don't" posts usually don't go over well on this board.
This.
Folks were speculating whether or not she would even be bred. I confirmed that she is booked. I even confirmed that it was a stallion listed recently. But given that my source did not give me permission, I don't feel right saying more than that. This sort of response is why I didn't say anything earlier but given recent conversations, I thought folks might like some information. Guess I should have kept quiet.

I miss the days when folks who had actual connections came here and posted...I've seen too many come and go.
BaroqueAgain1

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks, VB, for what you were able to tell us. And I suppose we can now try to guess the stallion, and see who guesses correctly for when you are finally free to share your info.
amfuller

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:08 pm

Of course this is NOT confirmed but I'm hearing buzz on another site that Z will be going to Candy Ride.
amfuller
BaroqueAgain1

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:23 pm

Candy Ride? I saw in an earlier post that he is an "A" nick with her, but I have a sort of 'meh' reaction to that mating. BWDIK.
Allspice

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:25 pm

violabella wrote:
mariasmon wrote:
sweettalk wrote:it's really cool that you know, but "i know and you don't" posts usually don't go over well on this board.
This.
Folks were speculating whether or not she would even be bred. I confirmed that she is booked. I even confirmed that it was a stallion listed recently. But given that my source did not give me permission, I don't feel right saying more than that. This sort of response is why I didn't say anything earlier but given recent conversations, I thought folks might like some information. Guess I should have kept quiet.

I miss the days when folks who had actual connections came here and posted...I've seen too many come and go.
IMO, if you aren't given permission to reveal something like this in it's entirety, complete silence is the best option. Your source might not be happy you said anything and those you told could see it as bragging because you know the whole thing but will only tell part of it and just...ugh. Best to avoid the whole thing.

Anyway, I'm still hoping for Giant's Causeway. Are you sure you can't give us the first letter of the stallion's name, violabella? :lol: ;) j/k, j/k.
amfuller wrote:Of course this is NOT confirmed but I'm hearing buzz on another site that Z will be going to Candy Ride.
Interesting, I like Candy Ride. I hope its true.
Katewerk

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:33 pm

violabella wrote:

How about a game of hotter-colder? Would that violate the confidentiality agreement?
amfuller

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:14 pm

Katewerk wrote:
violabella wrote:

How about a game of hotter-colder? Would that violate the confidentiality agreement?
I like that game. Maybe we could do hotter-colder with where the stallion is standing. ;) Or could you narrow the list down to about 6 or 7 stallions?
amfuller
sweettalk

Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:24 am

Admin wrote:
violabella wrote:
mariasmon wrote:
This.

For what it's worth, I read that differently. I thought they were being more supportive of you, just saying someone may come along and snipe at you for the partial inside info (for lack of a better term). So an insult at anonymous other posters, not you.
that is what i was aiming for. i know some of us here (myself included sometimes) can by a little snappy. this is one of those subjects that people are a little divided on, so i was trying to warn vb that those types of posts have in the past gotten nasty remarks.

also i'm still waiting for her to see giant's causeway.
Life At Zen

Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:53 am

My gut feeling says War Front, as much as I personally want Tapit.
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
violabella

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:56 am

Admin wrote:
violabella wrote:

For what it's worth, I read that differently. I thought they were being more supportive of you, just saying someone may come along and snipe at you for the partial inside info (for lack of a better term). So an insult at anonymous other posters, not you.
Ahhhh....I should have used a different smiley too. The one where the eyes go back and forth would have been more appropriate than the cheeky one.

As for hints, I think I will be okay saying that it IS a repeat breeding.
serenassong

Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:26 am

Life At Zen wrote:My gut feeling says War Front, as much as I personally want Tapit.
I would love to see Tapit again.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
amfuller

Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:08 am

serenassong wrote:
Life At Zen wrote:My gut feeling says War Front, as much as I personally want Tapit.
I would love to see Tapit again.

Me too!!! Ziconic(it feels weird calling him something other than Z13) is just wow.
amfuller