Sires Trivia

Miesque1973

Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:20 pm

tachyon wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:58 am
Miesque1973 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:35 pm
This one might be a little more obscure.

This winner of the German Derby and German 2000 Guineas sired nine classic winners in Germany and two in Italy.
Ummmmm....

is he Konigsstuhl?

I looked at the past German Classic winners first.
I see that Koningsstuhl is one of the 21 horses who achieved the German 2000 Guineas and the German Derby double since 1881 along with Bauernfanger, Trachenberg, Potrimpos, Peter, Landgraf, Augias, Alba, Sturmvogel, Orgelton, Wehr Dich, Magnat, Neckar, Mangon, Allasch, Kilometer, Orsini, Herero, Orofino, Philipo, Lavirco.
I know that Koningsstuhl is responsible as the sire for seven Classic winners with nine Classic victories in Germany.
But I don't have the list of Italian Classic winners....
Neckar is noted, and is the correct one. :)

This aptly-named American-bred (and really very pretty chestnut) son of Northern Dancer sired three Scandinavian classic winners and one Spanish classic winner.
Vice does not change its character by becoming fashionable.
tachyon

Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:40 pm

Miesque1973 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:20 pm
tachyon wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:58 am
Miesque1973 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:35 pm
This one might be a little more obscure.

This winner of the German Derby and German 2000 Guineas sired nine classic winners in Germany and two in Italy.
Ummmmm....

is he Konigsstuhl?

I looked at the past German Classic winners first.
I see that Koningsstuhl is one of the 21 horses who achieved the German 2000 Guineas and the German Derby double since 1881 along with Bauernfanger, Trachenberg, Potrimpos, Peter, Landgraf, Augias, Alba, Sturmvogel, Orgelton, Wehr Dich, Magnat, Neckar, Mangon, Allasch, Kilometer, Orsini, Herero, Orofino, Philipo, Lavirco.
I know that Koningsstuhl is responsible as the sire for seven Classic winners with nine Classic victories in Germany.
But I don't have the list of Italian Classic winners....
Neckar is noted, and is the correct one. :)
Thanks! :D
I couldn't find much information about Neckar(GER).
I don't speak German.
But he must have been a great stallion, even if his own sire-line seems to have already died out now (?).
And, once again, I couldn't find any list of Classic winners in Italy on the internet.
I just saw that Neckar's daughter Tadolina(ITY) won the Italian Oaks in 1965.