Stallion News

brunanas

Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:06 pm

sweettalk wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:51 pm i thought i read it was a left front hoof injury but i could be mixing that up w another horse. if i did read that, it definitely makes me worry for him.
glad they aren't forcing him to breed anyway, like at least 2 farms off the top of my head woulda...
spendthrift and winstar
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
sweettalk

Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:29 am

brunanas wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:06 pm
sweettalk wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:51 pm i thought i read it was a left front hoof injury but i could be mixing that up w another horse. if i did read that, it definitely makes me worry for him.
glad they aren't forcing him to breed anyway, like at least 2 farms off the top of my head woulda...
spendthrift and winstar
*innocent whistling, subtle nod of confirmation*
Retrospectiv

Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:29 am

Going Commando, a full brother to Rockport Harbour has passed.
Successful sire in Manitoba and was clearly very loved

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=625345209458334
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
SukiSatsuki

Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:49 pm

The lieutenant got a winner today with stolen future at aquaduct
Why walk when you could ride?
Northport

Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:50 pm

That is definitely true. Considering how many stallions specifically WinStar and Spendthrift stand (and Coolmore depending on the year) and how huge the books are, statistically speaking at least a couple of stallions must have a hard time with the workload. If Laoban hadn't dropped dead, I wouldn't have even known that such slippery tactics were needed to keep a stallion physically able to cover mares.

So yes, definitely glad Sumbe is giving Mishriff the rest he needs, but interested to know what the not so minor setback was. But I don't own a broodmare in France so I guess I don't really need to know.
weeeeeeeee
Starine

Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:06 pm

Funtastic got another stakes winner (!) when his son First Peace won the John Shear Stakes at Santa Anita.

https://www.drf.com/news/first-peace-ra ... ear-stakes
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:49 pm

Ride A Comet, Half To Tapwrit, To Enter Stud In Argentina
https://paulickreport.com/news/bloodsto ... argentina/
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
sweettalk

Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:48 am

Northport wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:50 pm
That is definitely true. Considering how many stallions specifically WinStar and Spendthrift stand (and Coolmore depending on the year) and how huge the books are, statistically speaking at least a couple of stallions must have a hard time with the workload. If Laoban hadn't dropped dead, I wouldn't have even known that such slippery tactics were needed to keep a stallion physically able to cover mares.

So yes, definitely glad Sumbe is giving Mishriff the rest he needs, but interested to know what the not so minor setback was. But I don't own a broodmare in France so I guess I don't really need to know.
"The 6-year-old son of Make Believe's stud career was initially delayed at the start of the breeding season with a non-life threatening benign pathology, and he was expected to start covering mares in March."

this was a quote from the paulick report article, did i miss that or is that new info they added later?. i'm... not sure what that means. a growth? an illness? it does look like i mixed him up w another horse regarding the injury tho.
Gemini

Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:32 pm

TwilightTear wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:57 pm
Northport wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:24 pm It wasn’t a libido issue, they have released it was soreness in the neck. They knew the issue and decided to try a quick and temporary solution

WinStar keeping Wharton on gives me all the explanation I need. I would imagine they authorized, if not ordered, the shot. I’m sure she was able to make a deal with the farm. She takes 100% of the blame and the reputation hit, WinStar covers the legal fees and keeps her on the payroll.

Im not usually a conspiracy gal but this whole thing is just so gross and dumb
You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist ... WinStar probably told the vet to use whatever means necessary to get the horse back breeding, and her supposed "suspension" is likely being served as a paid vacation.

More details may come out as Cypress Equine, one of the co-owners, has sued the insurance companies in federal court for their refusing to pay out on the mortality policy. The case is currently in discovery. (Unfortunately, the federal courts make you pay to view documents.)
Hah, too bad Cypress Equine can't sue Win$tar.
flytpthestars

Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:24 pm

Noticed Jess's Dream isn't on Ocala Stud roster. Something happen or is he pensioned already?
SukiSatsuki

Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:54 pm

flytpthestars wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:24 pm Noticed Jess's Dream isn't on Ocala Stud roster. Something happen or is he pensioned already?
I heard he couldn't "complete" a breeding but that's just a rumor I hope he's okay
brunanas

Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:58 pm

SukiSatsuki wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:54 pm
flytpthestars wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:24 pm Noticed Jess's Dream isn't on Ocala Stud roster. Something happen or is he pensioned already?
I heard he couldn't "complete" a breeding but that's just a rumor I hope he's okay
where did you hear that? please don't say these kinds of things unless you have a source you can provide
she/her
Northport

Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:37 pm

SukiSatsuki wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:54 pm
Give it a rest with your rumours from insiders that have no backing
weeeeeeeee
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:46 pm

That poster apparently can't help themselves. Sort of like the dog that finds something dead and just has to roll/revel in it.
SukiSatsuki

Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:36 am

:lol: okay 😂 it's not like I worked at multiple breeding farms or anything
brunanas

Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:13 am

so, can you show proof that he "didn't complete a breeding"?
she/her
Flanders

Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:51 am

So I was just looking at the Leading Broodmare Sires list on Bloodhorse and did I miss something? Who is this chief earner for Dansili? I have seen mistakes on these lists before, like putting a horse that has 5 crops on the ground as a first crop stallion but not just inventing almost 14m in prize money. Unless like I said, I really missed something. My mind has been on other things but I don't think I missed some massive race with a huge purse.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... =broodmare
MissNMecke

Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:42 am

Flanders wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:51 am So I was just looking at the Leading Broodmare Sires list on Bloodhorse and did I miss something? Who is this chief earner for Dansili? I have seen mistakes on these lists before, like putting a horse that has 5 crops on the ground as a first crop stallion but not just inventing almost 14m in prize money. Unless like I said, I really missed something. My mind has been on other things but I don't think I missed some massive race with a huge purse.

I think it's probably some sort of screw-up with the conversion rate somewhere. The horse won a minor stakes in Qatar, the last I could find. But not much anywhere else.
Flanders

Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:31 pm

MissNMecke wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:42 am
Flanders wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:51 am So I was just looking at the Leading Broodmare Sires list on Bloodhorse and did I miss something? Who is this chief earner for Dansili? I have seen mistakes on these lists before, like putting a horse that has 5 crops on the ground as a first crop stallion but not just inventing almost 14m in prize money. Unless like I said, I really missed something. My mind has been on other things but I don't think I missed some massive race with a huge purse.

I think it's probably some sort of screw-up with the conversion rate somewhere. The horse won a minor stakes in Qatar, the last I could find. But not much anywhere else.
Thanks for finding where she was running, that is where I ran into an issue. I sent a problem report to Equineline, we'll see if they fix it. Since this is an Equineline (Jockey Club) issue and both Bloodhorse and TDN use Equineline data for their Sire Lists, its also throwing off the General Sire list plus Broodmare sire list by almost $14m. The mare had only finished 3rd this year and her earnings for the year should be $1,350 not 13.5m.
brunanas

Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:20 pm

Flanders wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:31 pm
MissNMecke wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:42 am

The mare had only finished 3rd this year and her earnings for the year should be $1,350 not 13.5m.
i see where the comfusion came from :lol: been there, done that. though the consequence for me was, um, 5 straight F's in math in high school ;)
she/her