Stallion News

ForTheThrill

Wed May 11, 2022 4:24 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:00 am
PersonalE wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:33 am Flatter passed away at age 23. Sadness
https://mobile.twitter.com/claibornefar ... a665q7t27A
Flatter has a son owned by my racehorse named hero Status who just started running. 3rd in his debut race and 2nd to Hopper in a maiden race on derby day at Santa Anita. Hoping hero Status continues to improve and does his daddy proud
We have Search Engine too, and he's a winner. Here's to the Flatter legacy!
BaroqueAgain1

Wed May 11, 2022 7:14 pm

IIRC, Congrats is Flatter's full brother. I hope he gets more support now from those looking for those nice genetics.
perpetual08

Wed May 11, 2022 8:32 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:14 pm IIRC, Congrats is Flatter's full brother. I hope he gets more support now from those looking for those nice genetics.
He was pensioned at the end of 2021
BaroqueAgain1

Wed May 11, 2022 8:43 pm

Oh.
Phooey. :(
Flanders

Thu May 12, 2022 3:50 pm

Nashville retired to Winstar.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... at-winstar

He is the FASTEST HORSE EVER to stand at Winstar, cause he could blaze the first 1/2 then lose. :lol:
katmandu

Thu May 12, 2022 4:25 pm

Flanders wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:50 pm Nashville retired to Winstar.

He is the FASTEST HORSE EVER to stand at Winstar, cause he could blaze the first 1/2 then lose. :lol:
In that context, this sentence in the article made me laugh! "His immediate family also produced 2005 Kentucky Derby (G1) winner Giacomo , 2007 Santa Anita Derby (G1) winner Tiago."
Miss Woodford

Thu May 12, 2022 5:07 pm

"he led through the first quarter in every start" Sounds like they should be advertising to Quarter Horse mares then.
Ziggypop

Thu May 12, 2022 6:22 pm

So how many months before he is sold to owners in some God forsaken country?
Northport

Thu May 12, 2022 10:06 pm

Ziggypop wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:22 pm

Rumour has it the KRA already has put down a deposit.

He'll be lucky to stick around long enough for his first crop to hit the track. Any guesses on a fee? Not only is he by Speightstown, but he could run a fast half mile before being cooked AND only made it to the track September of his three year old year, raced 4 times, had a 12 month layoff, raced four more times then presumably broke May of his five year old season. This is going to be the magnum opus of WinStar's marketing department.
weeeeeeeee
brunanas

Thu May 12, 2022 10:37 pm

place your bets on where he'll be exported to the moment they realize his first crop isn't reminiscent of Northern Dancer
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
Miss Woodford

Thu May 12, 2022 11:41 pm

Ziggypop wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:22 pm

You'd be hard-pressed to find a buyer for a dirt sprinter who can't run past 4 furlongs, even in second- or third-tier racing countries. The breeders there still ultimately want to produce horses that can win races, and since they almost always follow the traditional racing pattern of Guineas/Derby/St. Leger they want horses that can win at classic distances.

I seriously think he'll wind up as a QH racing sire, that's the one niche he'd fit into. Although there are much better choices in that realm too - he'd be up against stallions like Diabolical, Euroears, Imperial Hint and Justin Phillip all offering their services to QH mares.
BaroqueAgain1

Fri May 13, 2022 1:48 am

"...there are much better choices in that realm too - he'd be up against stallions like Diabolical, Euroears, Imperial Hint and Justin Phillip all offering their services to QH mares."

He's probably up against Favorite Trick, too, who I believe still exists out there in some freezers. ;)
I'd love it if I start seeing Imperial Hint babies tearing it up at Los Al. If TB breeders don't appreciate that handsome little pocket rocket, then let the QH industry embrace him. 8-)
Falinadin

Fri May 13, 2022 1:55 am

Speightstown has had his share of turf runners, so Nashville could be interesting in Australia where they like their turf sprints.
And while it may not be a good thing, I can absolutely see pinhookers flocking to Nashville's yearlings because they want a 2 year old who can blaze an eighth in less than :10.0.
Miss Woodford

Fri May 13, 2022 3:14 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:48 am "...there are much better choices in that realm too - he'd be up against stallions like Diabolical, Euroears, Imperial Hint and Justin Phillip all offering their services to QH mares."

He's probably up against Favorite Trick, too, who I believe still exists out there in some freezers. ;)
I'd love it if I start seeing Imperial Hint babies tearing it up at Los Al. If TB breeders don't appreciate that handsome little pocket rocket, then let the QH industry embrace him. 8-)
Into Mischief's frozen semen is available to QH mares at $10k lol
20hayes20

Wed May 18, 2022 2:14 am

Anyone know if there are any colts, geldings or fillies running in the States sired by the French Stallion Zarak ?

There are just only an handful running here in Britain

I try and follow every single one of his Progeny,

He is still looking for that first group 1 winner ,hopefully Purplepay can give him that.

She was sold at the Arquana sales last year for 2 million euros to race in the States with Chad Brown.

For some reason that didnt happen and she is now in training over here in the U K with William Haggas.

She has a entry in the Irish 1000 gns on Sunday at The Curragh.

Hayes
Flanders

Wed May 18, 2022 2:25 am

20hayes20 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:14 am Anyone know if there are any colts, geldings or fillies running in the States sired by the French Stallion Zarak ?

There are just only an handful running here in Britain

I try and follow every single one of his Progeny,

He is still looking for that first group 1 winner ,hopefully Purplepay can give him that.

She was sold at the Arquana sales last year for 2 million euros to race in the States with Chad Brown.

For some reason that didnt happen and she is now in training over here in the U K with William Haggas.

She has a entry in the Irish 1000 gns on Sunday at The Curragh.

Hayes
He hasn't had any starters in the US. If he does they will show up on Equibase under Leading Progeny. https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Resul ... y=T&rbt=TB
If you look at Gleneagles who had Highland Chief win the Man O' War, you can see his progeny that raced in the US, it only shows the top 20 by earnings for the year. https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Resul ... y=T&rbt=TB
20hayes20

Wed May 18, 2022 8:57 am

Thank you so much Flanders

Zarak filly Parnac unbeaten in 2 races in Germany has been sold to race in the States Christof Clement will train her.

Hope she stays on the grass.

Hayes
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Wed May 18, 2022 12:01 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:48 am "...there are much better choices in that realm too - he'd be up against stallions like Diabolical, Euroears, Imperial Hint and Justin Phillip all offering their services to QH mares."

I'm pretty sure IH has been bred to quarter horse mares. I think maybe his first foal ever was out of an AQHA mare.

Nashville at WinStar is hilarious but unfortunately he'll still probably get several hundred mares in the 2, probably 3 years he'll be at WS. I agree that he would likely be much more successful, at least based on paper, being a quarter horse sire.

Operations like WinStar and even Darby Dan (Klimt got like 200 mares his first year) do far more damage to the breed/aftercare problem than people breeding for color, IMHO.
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
Gemini

Wed May 18, 2022 2:45 pm

Mylute wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:01 pm Operations like WinStar and even Darby Dan (Klimt got like 200 mares his first year) do far more damage to the breed/aftercare problem than people breeding for color, IMHO.
I've thought this for years. Most color breeders at least realize their horses are probably destined for alternative careers.
Squeaky

Wed May 18, 2022 3:09 pm

Mylute wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:01 pm

I'm pretty sure IH has been bred to quarter horse mares. I think maybe his first foal ever was out of an AQHA mare.

Nashville at WinStar is hilarious but unfortunately he'll still probably get several hundred mares in the 2, probably 3 years he'll be at WS. I agree that he would likely be much more successful, at least based on paper, being a quarter horse sire.

Operations like WinStar and even Darby Dan (Klimt got like 200 mares his first year) do far more damage to the breed/aftercare problem than people breeding for color, IMHO.
The whole large scale breeding world has become its own dystopian dark universe of overwhelming greed and massive overbreeding leading to all the problems you mention.