New Conformation Photos

Katewerk

Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:02 pm

Northport wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:55 pm While he isnt a perfect horse, that is a perfect conformation photo
His feet make up for his head.
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:43 pm

American Guru (Unbridled's Song x Camargue, by Mineshaft) is standing at Adena North next year for some reason. I guess desperation to have a male member of the Delta Princess family.
https://www.bloodhorse.com/stallion-reg ... rican-guru
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
Flanders

Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:49 pm

Mylute wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:43 pm American Guru (Unbridled's Song x Camargue, by Mineshaft) is standing at Adena North next year for some reason. I guess desperation to have a male member of the Delta Princess family.
Yeah I think this falls into the what might have been category. Because they lost Delta Prince before he went to stud.

I feel like they've stood stallions like this before. Singing Saint is the only one I can think of though.
Northport

Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:26 am

Flanders wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:49 pm
Mylute wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:43 pm American Guru (Unbridled's Song x Camargue, by Mineshaft) is standing at Adena North next year for some reason. I guess desperation to have a male member of the Delta Princess family.
Yeah I think this falls into the what might have been category. Because they lost Delta Prince before he went to stud.

I feel like they've stood stallions like this before. Singing Saint is the only one I can think of though.
They also stood Ghostzapper’s less qualified brothers Aristocrat and City Wolf, unraced sales topped o/o Queena: Indy King, Plan (o/o Spain), Olmodavor... off the top of my head those are the less qualified ones. Then you have more obscure horses with one G1 win: Mast Track, Showing Up, Capo Bastone, etc
weeeeeeeee
FlyToTheStars

Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:54 pm

Saw Spendthrift's virtual stallion show. Into Mischief 's front legs looks crooked at the end of his video before moving on to Malibu Moon.

Is it just me? Am not sure if he wasnt standing right or its an ailment.
Katewerk

Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:13 pm

FlyToTheStars wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:54 pm Saw Spendthrift's virtual stallion show. Into Mischief 's front legs looks crooked at the end of his video before moving on to Malibu Moon.

Is it just me? Am not sure if he wasnt standing right or its an ailment.
Big time.
Diver52

Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:06 pm

I'm guessing that the MyRacehorse shareholders in Authentic will wind up making at least a minor profit (not the riches some of them seem to expect). IIRC the shares were based on a high-line valuation of $20MM, which now turns out to be very reasonable in retrospect.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Retrospectiv

Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:52 am

Diver52 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:06 pm I'm guessing that the MyRacehorse shareholders in Authentic will wind up making at least a minor profit (not the riches some of them seem to expect). IIRC the shares were based on a high-line valuation of $20MM, which now turns out to be very reasonable in retrospect.
Assume he'll be retiring to stud now?
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
CoronadosQuest

Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:19 pm

Retrospectiv wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:52 am
Diver52 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:06 pm I'm guessing that the MyRacehorse shareholders in Authentic will wind up making at least a minor profit (not the riches some of them seem to expect). IIRC the shares were based on a high-line valuation of $20MM, which now turns out to be very reasonable in retrospect.
This is what we were told: "MyRacehorse and Spendthrift Farm will continue to discuss our options thoroughly, making the decision we feel is best of for all partners, shareholders and most importantly the horse."
Northport

Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:27 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:19 pm
Retrospectiv wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:52 am
This is what we were told: "MyRacehorse and Spendthrift Farm will continue to discuss our options thoroughly, making the decision we feel is best of for all partners, shareholders and most importantly the horse."
He'll be retired. Spendthrift doesn't like to have their racehorses... race.
weeeeeeeee
CorridorZ75

Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:38 pm

But they will now be paying more premiums for winning the BCC, winning the Eclipse for 3y and possibly HOTY, and were already paying the initial over-evaluation so there will almost certainly be no room for profit as was likely the intention of the initial contract. He was meant to be a PR horse for MRH so they could oversell more shares in far less accomplished horses. Ironically, if these end up being decent racehorses that pick up paychecks in lesser races, the shareholders are more likely to make a little money, although their ridiculous overevaluation of overhead and even more ridiculous agent's fee still make this unlikely.
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:31 pm

Arkhip (Arch x Slow Down, by Seattle Slew) is a stallion in Russia. He is a MGSW over there.
https://hippodrom.ru/modules/AMS/articl ... toryid=679
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
Mylute

Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:38 pm

Dak Attack (Ghostzapper x Indian Spell, by Indian Charlie) new at Ocala Stud for 2021. Second dam is Proud Spell.
Kurenai
Site Admin

Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:40 pm

Not really, cause they have to pay off the kickers first. That will take about 4 years, then they could get about 90$/year (assuming his stud fee stays about the same). That's at least the math one share holder did and sounds logical. They would have loved to see him run in the Pegasus, cause that would at least make them some money without a kicker.
Diver52

Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:11 pm

Kurenai wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:40 pm
Not really, cause they have to pay off the kickers first. That will take about 4 years, then they could get about 90$/year (assuming his stud fee stays about the same). That's at least the math one share holder did and sounds logical. They would have loved to see him run in the Pegasus, cause that would at least make them some money without a kicker.
Yeah, I didn't realize that his success was actually bad for the microshareholders. Oh well.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
CoronadosQuest

Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:18 am

Diver52 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:11 pm
Yeah, I didn't realize that his success was actually bad for the microshareholders. Oh well.
Yea, these are the kickers that MyRacehorse shareholders have to pay:

Had he raced as a 4yo, there wouldn't be any more kickers to take place so all earnings would have went to pay these off/to the shareholders. However, since he retired, all fees earned go towards these as well as whatever other fees are applied. MyRacehorse hasn't sent shareholders any information on the stallion portion of his career and what we can expect as earnings/management fees, etc.

His Preakness earnings and the $1 mil bonus, I believe, go towards the kickers too so the only money that shareholders have earned was a few dollars from the Haskell.
Gemini

Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:10 am

CoronadosQuest wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:18 am
Diver52 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:11 pm

Yea, these are the kickers that MyRacehorse shareholders have to pay:

Had he raced as a 4yo, there wouldn't be any more kickers to take place so all earnings would have went to pay these off/to the shareholders. However, since he retired, all fees earned go towards these as well as whatever other fees are applied. MyRacehorse hasn't sent shareholders any information on the stallion portion of his career and what we can expect as earnings/management fees, etc.

His Preakness earnings and the $1 mil bonus, I believe, go towards the kickers too so the only money that shareholders have earned was a few dollars from the Haskell.
Wow, that seems really unfair. Why punish the investors for a horse's success? Such a system would seem to discourage folks from further involvement.
mariasmon

Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:11 pm

Mitole

mariasmon

Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:12 pm

Maximus Mischief

Flanders

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:44 pm

Are both of their front legs as bad as they appear to be or is it an optical illusion because of no background?
Like I swear Mitole's black front leg looks like it crooked and toed in. Its so hard to actually judge what is going on when a photo is edited to have its background removed.