2020 Matings

Slewfan2

Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:48 pm

mariasmon wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:26 pm
Slewfan2 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:18 pm Maria, I don’t know how you find out all this info, but....is there a way to find out which mares have been bred to Honor Code?

Thanks !
Lane's End doesn't have their RMBs in yet (I think the deadline is 8/1) and, as far as I know, there's no report that gives you every mare a stallion bred in a given year. Weatherbys has those for stallions in GB & Ireland, but it doesn't appear to be a feature in Equibase. Later on, you can pull crop reports on a stallion in Equibase, which doesn't help with his current book. I will post any Honor Code matings I come across, though.

What is an RMB?

Thanks so much! Yeah, I don’t need to know all the mares be was bred to, just curious as to some of them. I go onto Equibase a lot - never used that crop report function, but will check it out. Sometimes I visit Pedigree Query - they list - for any sire - progeny reports. So, not mares in foal, but close enough, kind of.

Thanks again - much appreciated !
mariasmon

Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:37 pm

Slewfan2 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:48 pm
Slewfan2 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:18 pm Maria, I don’t know how you find out all this info, but....is there a way to find out which mares have been bred to Honor Code?

Thanks !
Lane's End doesn't have their RMBs in yet (I think the deadline is 8/1) and, as far as I know, there's no report that gives you every mare a stallion bred in a given year. Weatherbys has those for stallions in GB & Ireland, but it doesn't appear to be a feature in Equibase. Later on, you can pull crop reports on a stallion in Equibase, which doesn't help with his current book. I will post any Honor Code matings I come across, though.

What is an RMB?

Thanks so much! Yeah, I don’t need to know all the mares be was bred to, just curious as to some of them. I go onto Equibase a lot - never used that crop report function, but will check it out. Sometimes I visit Pedigree Query - they list - for any sire - progeny reports. So, not mares in foal, but close enough, kind of.

Report of Mares Bred. They've got another week and they have a lot of stallions, so hopefully they submit them soon. My inquiring mind wants to know!
mariasmon

Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:40 pm

Blue Prize (ARG) --> Into Mischief

Daisy --> Omaha Beach
Dazzling Song (dam of Magnum Moon) --> Into Mischief
Delightful Mary --> Into Mischief
Dynamic Cat (SW, dam of Varenka, etc.) --> Arrogate

Elusive Wave (full to Mizdirection) --> Bolt d'Oro
Ever So Clever --> Into Mischief

Family Meeting --> Arrogate
Flipcup --> Tapit
Flirting With Fate (dam of Dance With Fate) --> Vino Rosso
Flying Spur --> Omaha Beach
Foxy Danseur --> Mitole
Fuhriously Kissed --> Into Mischief
Slewfan2

Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:21 pm

mariasmon wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:37 pm
Slewfan2 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:48 pm

What is an RMB?

Report of Mares Bred. They've got another week and they have a lot of stallions, so hopefully they submit them soon. My inquiring mind wants to know!
Thanks ! That must be a huge list for Coolmore stallions, lol

You do a yeoman’s job - thank you!
KatieK101

Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:54 pm

I know he's a fantastic stallion and up in years, but am I the only one who gets tired of seeing the same mares bred to Tapit recently? Especially with other stallions like War Front and Medaglia d'Oro up in years as well. That's why I so appreciate the connections of Take Charge Lady and Leslie's Lady for not sticking with the first match that worked.

Has it been confirmed that Littleprincessemma is going back to him?
KatieK101

Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:56 pm

Thanks !
I keep a Google doc with all of Union Rags reported progeny. Waiting for the new RMB is borderline stressful but a lot of fun to dig through! :')
mariasmon

Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:09 pm

KatieK101 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:56 pm

Thanks !
I keep a Google doc with all of Union Rags reported progeny. Waiting for the new RMB is borderline stressful but a lot of fun to dig through! :')
It actually is a lot of fun!
mariasmon

Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:12 pm

KatieK101 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:54 pm Has it been confirmed that Littleprincessemma is going back to him?
Yeah. she should be in one of my recent posts.

FWIW, I thought a lot fewer of the mares from my list were going to Tapit than usual. The tide seems to be shifting toward Into Mischief, Curlin and younger prospects like Justify. We'll see if Justify justifies the mares he's getting.

The sickest book of any stallion has got to be Dubawi, though.

When I get done with my US lists, I may pull Galileo and Frankel for my own entertainment.
Slewfan2

Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:47 pm

KatieK101 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:56 pm

Thanks !
Ooh, that's a good idea.....I could keep a word doc of Honor Code progeny; that would make it a lot easier. I mean, since I've been laid off, what else do I have to do, lol?
mariasmon

Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:49 pm

Gas Station Sushi --> Omaha Beach
Ginza (full to Stephanie's Kitten) --> Malibu Moon
Gloryzapper --> Into Mischief

Halo Humor (dam of Practical Joke) --> Into Mischief
Hassler (IRE) (o/o Turbulent Descent) --> Vino Rosso
Holy Place (1/2 to Lady Eli) --> Omaha Beach

In the Moonlight (1/2 to Wilburn, etc.) --> Omaha Beach

Joint Return --> Into Mischief

Mamma Kimbo --> Into Mischief
Maya Malibu --> Into Mischief
Maybellene --> Omaha Beach
Miss Behaviour --> Omaha Beach
More Oats Please (dam of Peace and War) --> Omaha Beach
My Limit (dam of Birdatthewire) --> Malibu Moon

Nina Fever (dam of Nickname) --> Into Mischief
Noble and a Beauty --> Into Mischief
Slewfan2

Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:50 pm

mariasmon wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:12 pm
KatieK101 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:54 pm Has it been confirmed that Littleprincessemma is going back to him?

FWIW, I thought a lot fewer of the mares from my list were going to Tapit than usual. The tide seems to be shifting toward Into Mischief, Curlin and younger prospects like Justify. We'll see if Justify justifies the mares he's getting.

When I get done with my US lists, I may pull Galileo and Frankel for my own entertainment.
It makes me wonder - do the breeders bother looking at whether the pedigrees of their mares will match up to, say Curlin or Into Mischief, or do they just decide they're going to breed to them because they're two of the best sires?
mariasmon

Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:08 pm

Slewfan2 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:50 pm

It makes me wonder - do the breeders bother looking at whether the pedigrees of their mares will match up to, say Curlin or Into Mischief, or do they just decide they're going to breed to them because they're two of the best sires?
Probably some of both. If you have a mare worthy of going to one of those 7-figure stallions, you might look at which of the upper echelon of stallions goes best with your mare and choose him. However, I think the majority of the breedings are based on what will sell at auctions, not what is the best possible match.
Slewfan2

Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:13 pm

mariasmon wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:08 pm
Slewfan2 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:50 pm

Probably some of both. If you have a mare worthy of going to one of those 7-figure stallions, you might look at which of the upper echelon of stallions goes best with your mare and choose him. However, I think the majority of the breedings are based on what will sell at auctions, not what is the best possible match.
That's true, lol
CorridorZ75

Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:32 pm

Thanks !
I thin you can use the equineline RMB for a stallion that come out in October-ish to get the full book of mares.
mariasmon

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:45 pm

Rainha da Bateria --> Into Mischief
Ready to Act --> Omaha Beach
Rubies are Red (1/2 to Tapit) --> Omaha Beach

Sassy Sienna --> Into Mischief
Sharp Sally (SW, 1/2 to Annals of Time) --> Vino Rosso
Shebealittlewild (o/o She Be Wild) --> Vino Rosso
Shook Up --> Into Mischief
Skye Silver (1/2 to Harmonious) --> Not This Time
Song of Spring --> Into Mischief
Spelling Again --> Omaha Beach
Stageplay --> Into Mischief
Steelin' (dam of Shanghai Bobby) --> Into Mischief
Strut the Course --> Goldencents
Summer Vacation (o/o Dream of Summer) --> Arrogate
Sweet Awakening (dam of Are You Kidding Me) --> Omaha Beach
Sweet Tapper --> Arrogate
mariasmon

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:46 pm

Tapas (1/2 to Justwhistledixie) --> Vino Rosso
Theogony --> Omaha Beach
Tiger Moth --> Into Mischief
Tocco (1/2 to Coil, Chiropractor) --> Into Mischief
Top Spin (1/2 to Centre Court) --> Goldencents
Treasure Box (1/2 to On Fire Baby) --> Bolt d'Oro
Treasured Up --> Malibu Moon
Treasuring (SW, full to Streaming) --> Tapit

Unacloud (dam of Overanalyze, Meadow Breeze) --> Mitole

Vanquished (dam of Takeover Target) --> Into Mischief
Vaudevillian (1/2 to Life at Ten) --> Malibu Moon
Veracity (half to the dam of Elate, o/o Yell) --> Into Mischief
Versailles Song (o/o Versailles Treaty) --> Malibu Moon
Vertical Vision (dam of Vertical Oak) --> Mitole
Villamay (1/2 to Drefong) --> Into Mischief

Walkabout --> Omaha Beach
Wildwood Rose (IRE) (1/2 to Materiality, My Miss Sophia) --> Into Mischief
Winds of March (IRE) (1/2 to Sleepytime, etc.) --> Misremembered
Winlocs Glory Days (dam of Wet Your Whistle) --> Bolt d'Oro
With Honors --> Into Mischief
sweettalk

Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:09 am

mariasmon wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:45 pm Steelin' (dam of Shanghai Bobby) --> Into Mischief
someone creative needs to be in charge of naming this one
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:41 am

sweettalk wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:09 am
mariasmon wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:45 pm Steelin' (dam of Shanghai Bobby) --> Into Mischief
How about "Cookie Jar" for a filly?
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
lurkey mclurker

Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:13 pm

Oh snap, that's so cute and clever Mylute!!! :lol: Or maybe Red-Handed for a colt? :mrgreen:
PONYRCR

Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:36 pm

sweettalk wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:09 am
Petty Theft