California Chrome to Japan

Diver52

Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:40 pm

Northport wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:35 pm Where did anyone say that all Chrome facebook fans are crazy? Retrospectiv literally said "that page" not "all fans" :roll: And honestly, "Bring Chrome Home/California Chrome's Home" facebook page is pure madness, it's been that way since it started when Chrome went to England for the Summer a few years back.

All of his fans aren't crazy, but the ones who frequent that specific Facebook page are a different breed, and unfortunately they're some of the loudest, and that's probably one of the reasons why the Official Chrome account is now defunct.

But of course there are other pages that are calmer and more reasonable and informative.
Exactly, thank you! I would never criticize anyone for being fans of a horse (I'm basically a pretty pony person myself) but the people on that ONE site are just ridiculous.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:42 pm

wouldn't surprise me if Chrome got that nose boo boo from sticking his head through fence rails in an effort to get grass on the other side
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
Northport

Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:49 pm

Mylute wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:42 pm wouldn't surprise me if Chrome got that nose boo boo from sticking his head through fence rails in an effort to get grass on the other side
For sure. Horses are literally 1500 pound toddlers, and though we may try, we can only keep our eyes glued to them for so much of a day. I came to the barn one morning and my horse had a 4 inch long "V" shaped gash right on his forehead. We searched the stall high and low, checked for loose splinters, nails, maybe a sharp edge on a bucket. Couldn't find a single thing that was sharp or had any trace of hair or blood on it. Things just happen.
weeeeeeeee
sweettalk

Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:03 pm

Northport wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:35 pm Where did anyone say that all Chrome facebook fans are crazy? Retrospectiv literally said "that page" not "all fans" :roll: And honestly, "Bring Chrome Home/California Chrome's Home" facebook page is pure madness, it's been that way since it started when Chrome went to England for the Summer a few years back.

All of his fans aren't crazy, but the ones who frequent that specific Facebook page are a different breed, and unfortunately they're some of the loudest, and that's probably one of the reasons why the Official Chrome account is now defunct.

But of course there are other pages that are calmer and more reasonable and informative.
don't feel bad, i said something regarding the crazy fanatical "fans" and was jumped on, too. they definitely need their own moniker, for distinguishing reasons. there are fans, like the posters here, and then there are OMGWTFBBQ HE LOOKS DEPRESSED THEY'RE GONNA EAT HIM ppl, like that facebook page. i can't even call them fans, in any capacity, and feel good abt it.

i didn't realise his official page was stopped on, shame those ppl had to ruin it for the rest of us.
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:17 pm

The Martin Racing page was originally going to shut down because of the Japan thing but I think they decided against it.
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
Northport

Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:00 pm

Oh yeah, it looks like they removed their November/December post saying that the page would be shut down and they've been posting pretty constant stuff the last couple months, go figure. Clearly don't have my finger on the pulse for Chrome news.
weeeeeeeee
Delamont

Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:57 am

sweettalk wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:03 pm

don't feel bad, i said something regarding the crazy fanatical "fans" and was jumped on, too. they definitely need their own moniker, for distinguishing reasons. there are fans, like the posters here, and then there are OMGWTFBBQ HE LOOKS DEPRESSED THEY'RE GONNA EAT HIM ppl, like that facebook page. i can't even call them fans, in any capacity, and feel good abt it.

i didn't realise his official page was stopped on, shame those ppl had to ruin it for the rest of us.
Krome Krazys? :P
sweettalk

Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:03 am

Delamont wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:57 am
sweettalk wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:03 pm

Krome Krazys? :P
i like it. you're hired!
CorridorZ75

Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:23 pm

When do reports of mares bred become available for Japan? Also, where are they located- I saw numbers on JBIS of past years, but not the individual names of the mares. Thanks.
Diver52

Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:24 pm

Years ago on an east-coast bias forum the term "Zen-tards" was in fashion. Needless to say I didn't find it amusing!
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Mylute

Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:29 pm

I've an idea.

"Zen-yahoos."
Flanders

Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:41 pm

CorridorZ75 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:23 pm When do reports of mares bred become available for Japan? Also, where are they located- I saw numbers on JBIS of past years, but not the individual names of the mares. Thanks.
Its usually right around the same time as the US report of mares bred comes out, so mid-October. The mares bred number is on the statistics page of a stallion. You aren't going to get a list of mare names though. You'll have to wait until the foals are born and start being registered.
TapitsGal

Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:31 am

I run a chrome group on Facebook and I pretty much try to keep it to basic facts about Chromes offspring
CorridorZ75

Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:32 pm

Flanders wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:41 pm
CorridorZ75 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:23 pm When do reports of mares bred become available for Japan? Also, where are they located- I saw numbers on JBIS of past years, but not the individual names of the mares. Thanks.
Its usually right around the same time as the US report of mares bred comes out, so mid-October. The mares bred number is on the statistics page of a stallion. You aren't going to get a list of mare names though. You'll have to wait until the foals are born and start being registered.
Yeah I found those lists on the Studbook for Japan.
tachyon

Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:41 am

CorridorZ75 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:32 pm
In Japan, each stud releases the numbers of mares bred report individually.
Basically it's Shadai SS which releases its report earlier than any other studs in mid-September.
Arrow Stud, where California Chrome stands this year, released its numbers in early October last year.
Uma-ichi.com (http://umaichi.com/), a very helpful website, reports these numbers on each occasion (in Japanese....).
Japanese Studbook (Japanese version) (https://www.studbook.jp/ja/) has all the numbers some time later than those -- last year in November.

As for the list of mare names covered by each stallion, it's Japanese Studbook (Japanese version) (https://www.studbook.jp/ja/) which has it as well.
It became available on Nov 28th last year.

And I hope you will find some info in English at https://www.thoroughbredchampions.com/forum/, especailly in ''2020 Matings'' thread https://www.thoroughbredchampions.com/f ... f=4&t=6984, a little bit earlier than elsewhere. ;)
tachyon

Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:46 am

Ridan_Remembered wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:11 pm @Tachyon, thank you for posting these recent photos and video of Chrome. It's great to see him getting his cookies.
You are welcome, Ridan. :D
tachyon

Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:05 am

-- from uma-furusato.com news (July 20)

https://uma-furusato.com/news/detail/_id_102889

This year Arrow Stud is open to the public from July 16 through Dec 15 (opening hour: 15:00 - 16:00).

CorridorZ75

Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:19 pm

tachyon wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:41 am
CorridorZ75 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:32 pm

In Japan, each stud releases the numbers of mares bred report individually.
Basically it's Shadai SS which releases its report earlier than any other studs in mid-September.
Arrow Stud, where California Chrome stands this year, released its numbers in early October last year.
Uma-ichi.com (http://umaichi.com/), a very helpful website, reports these numbers on each occasion (in Japanese....).
Japanese Studbook (Japanese version) (https://www.studbook.jp/ja/) has all the numbers some time later than those -- last year in November.

As for the list of mare names covered by each stallion, it's Japanese Studbook (Japanese version) (https://www.studbook.jp/ja/) which has it as well.
It became available on Nov 28th last year.

And I hope you will find some info in English at https://www.thoroughbredchampions.com/forum/, especailly in ''2020 Matings'' thread https://www.thoroughbredchampions.com/f ... f=4&t=6984, a little bit earlier than elsewhere. ;)
Thank you. It is nice that the studbook puts all the registered foals up at some point.
Ridan_Remembered

Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:07 pm

@Tachyon, thank you for the photos from Arrow Stud. If you are interested, there is a Facebook page with this title in Japanese: 日本のカリフォルニアクローム (California Chrome in Japan). Although the person who runs it has an American name, I believe he lives in or has connections Japan.
tachyon

Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:19 am

Ridan_Remembered wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:07 pm @Tachyon, thank you for the photos from Arrow Stud. If you are interested, there is a Facebook page with this title in Japanese: 日本のカリフォルニアクローム (California Chrome in Japan). Although the person who runs it has an American name, I believe he lives in or has connections Japan.
Awww.. there were so many posts, photos and videos. 8-)
I've visited that Facebook for the first time.
It took more than one hour to scroll down to the bottom of the page.