Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Starine

Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:01 pm

Mylute wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:22 pm So Darn Hot (half to Come Dancing) broke her maiden in Race 1 at Belmont.
Finishing behind her was Love On the Run (half to G1W Belle Gallantey) and Yellow Brick Road (half to SW Giza Goddess).
ThreeMustangs

Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:51 am

Commonwealth Cup (G1) winner Golden Horde’s second dam is a half-sister to Serena’s Song.
tachyon

Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:08 am

Mon Favori(JPN), 2018F. Frankel(GB) x Forever Darling(USA), won her debut impressively smashing track record for 2yo in the Hakodate 5R 1200m turf Newcomer on June 20th 2020.

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_8aNEOHWdU

She will be mon favori!!!!
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:57 pm

Daddy D T was retired and adopted through New Vocations.
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
Treve

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:44 pm

Cafe Pharoah (American Pharoah x Mary's Follies) secured his place in the gate for the KY Derby on Sunday through the Japan Road to the KY Derby and in doing so became a Graded Stakes winner in commanding fashion by 5 lengths over a group of 15 other 3yos including well bred, US horses in Dieu du Vin (Declaration of War) and Lecce Baroque (Uncle Mo).

The undefeated colt is now 3 for 3 and picked up another 40 points in the Unicorn Stakes (G3) in stakes record time, covering the sandy dirt mile in 1:34.9 bringing up his total to 70 after the previous 30 he earned in the Hyacinth Stakes back in February going last to first from 6 length behind the field after fudging his start, and having to go 7-wide. Both were won on the dirt at Tokyo racecourse.
In terms of point total it is not no longer possible for any other colt to catch up to him on the Japan road to the KY Derby, even with the Dirt Derby on July 8th offering 40 more points to the winner. He is out of a multiple graded stakes winning daughter of More than Ready, and the second dam is a daughter of Miswaki.

The colt originally won his debut as a 2yo by 10 lengths going gate to wire in a 1800m Newcomer race on dirt. He has shown a spectacular looking turn of foot and versatility winning from last to first, wiring the field and near the pace. Will be curious to see if his connections choose to send him stateside for the KY Derby.

Replay of the Unicorn Stakes (G3)
https://youtu.be/pOvq3v8-Luo
1st Cafe Pharoah (American Pharoah)
2nd Dieu du Vin (Declaration of War)
3rd Kenshinko (Pyro)

Replay of the Hyacinth Stakes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2tLqNdd-f8
2nd Tagano Beauty (JPN) (Henney Hughes out of Special Dinner (JPN) by Special Week (JPN))
3rd Yaugau (JPN) (Gold Allure (JPN) out of Testico by Tiznow)

Replay of the Newcomer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXi1Ub-fFEw
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Slewfan2

Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:03 am

Shug debuts Patriot Game tomorrow, the Honor Code brother to Orb. Honor Code has done pretty well with turfers, bur I can’t wait to see him on dirt!
tachyon

Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:02 pm

Treve wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:44 pm Image
Cafe Pharoah (American Pharoah x Mary's Follies) secured his place in the gate for the KY Derby on Sunday through the Japan Road to the KY Derby and in doing so became a Graded Stakes winner in commanding fashion by 5 lengths over a group of 15 other 3yos including well bred, US horses in Dieu du Vin (Declaration of War) and Lecce Baroque (Uncle Mo).

The undefeated colt is now 3 for 3 and picked up another 40 points in the Unicorn Stakes (G3) in stakes record time, covering the sandy dirt mile in 1:34.9 bringing up his total to 70 after the previous 30 he earned in the Hyacinth Stakes back in February going last to first from 6 length behind the field after fudging his start, and having to go 7-wide. Both were won on the dirt at Tokyo racecourse.
In terms of point total it is not no longer possible for any other colt to catch up to him on the Japan road to the KY Derby, even with the Dirt Derby on July 8th offering 40 more points to the winner. He is out of a multiple graded stakes winning daughter of More than Ready, and the second dam is a daughter of Miswaki.

The colt originally won his debut as a 2yo by 10 lengths going gate to wire in a 1800m Newcomer race on dirt. He has shown a spectacular looking turn of foot and versatility winning from last to first, wiring the field and near the pace. Will be curious to see if his connections choose to send him stateside for the KY Derby.

Replay of the Unicorn Stakes (G3)
https://youtu.be/pOvq3v8-Luo
2nd Dieu du Vin (Declaration of War)
3rd Kenshinko (Pyro)

Replay of the Hyacinth Stakes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2tLqNdd-f8
2nd Tagano Beauty (JPN) (Henney Hughes out of Special Dinner (JPN) by Special Week (JPN))
3rd Yaugau (JPN) (Gold Allure (JPN) out of Testico by Tiznow)

Replay of the Newcomer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXi1Ub-fFEw
The Unicorn Stakes is known the most important dirt race restricted to 3yos that is run on JRA tracks.
The 2020 version was seen the deepest field in its history and Cafe Pharoah destroyed it easily. 8-)
It now looks like Japanese racing has three outstanding 3yos this year in Daring Tact (turf filly), Contrail (turf colt) and Cafe Pharoah (dirt). :D
Some fans compare CP with Kurofune(USA).
The vast majority of CP supporters here want him to go to Churchill Downs, so do I.
But it might be up to transport, visa and accommodation issues etc surrounding the COVID-19 both for the horse and humans.
I have no idea yet at this point what his owner's decision will be. Fingers crossed.
ThreeMustangs

Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Starine wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:22 am Sistercharlie's half-sister My Sister Nat was a tough-luck second in the Long Island (gr. IIIT).
My Sister Nat runs in the New York H (G2) up next at BEL.
ThreeMustangs

Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:09 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:59 pm
Starine wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:22 am Sistercharlie's half-sister My Sister Nat was a tough-luck second in the Long Island (gr. IIIT).
Second to Mean Mary, who won for fun.
mariasmon

Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:14 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:09 pm
ThreeMustangs wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:59 pm
Second to Mean Mary, who won for fun.
Mean Mary's dam, Karlovy Vary, won the G1 Ashland S.
Treve

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:50 pm

tachyon wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:02 pm
The Unicorn Stakes is known the most important dirt race restricted to 3yos that is run on JRA tracks.
The 2020 version was seen the deepest field in its history and Cafe Pharoah destroyed it easily. 8-)
It now looks like Japanese racing has three outstanding 3yos this year in Daring Tact (turf filly), Contrail (turf colt) and Cafe Pharoah (dirt). :D
Some fans compare CP with Kurofune(USA).
The vast majority of CP supporters here want him to go to Churchill Downs, so do I.
But it might be up to transport, visa and accommodation issues etc surrounding the COVID-19 both for the horse and humans.
I have no idea yet at this point what his owner's decision will be. Fingers crossed.
That is so wonderful that Japan has three up and coming 3yo stars, the future is bright!
Churchill seems to think CP's connections are very interested so I am hoping there is a way for him to make it here, in spite of COVID-19. That would be quite the story! He is very impressive, and he has a truly amazing turn of foot.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
TurfLover

Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:31 am

Virgin Snow (Gleneagles x Snow Fairy) ran second at Newmarket in her first Stakes. Just couldn’t keep on terms with the winner... However, I believe she is her first winner for her dam.
She’s now run four times and placed first, second, third and fourth :D
Boccaccio (DubawixJ Wonder) won at Newmarket nicely. His dam won the Fred Darling at Newbury in 2014 and beat no other than Joyeuse (1/2 to Frankel).
Judicial (Ifraaj x Marlinka, 1/2 to Marsha) won the Chipchase Stks G3 at Newcastle.
Collide (Frankel x Scuffle, full to Logician) finished third at Newcastle.
ThreeMustangs

Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:43 am

Hudson River (2yo c, Galileo- G1W Mecca’s Angel) won his debut at the Curragh today for Coolmore.
CorridorZ75

Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:20 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:43 am Hudson River (2yo c, Galileo- G1W Mecca’s Angel) won his debut at the Curragh today for Coolmore.
I sometimes think my biggest beef with Coolmore is their naming process. There is a lot of imagination to mine between the sire and dam's names, and they end up with the completely generic Hudson River. Well I guess this year must be river names.
Northport

Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:27 pm

CorridorZ75 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:20 pm
ThreeMustangs wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:43 am Hudson River (2yo c, Galileo- G1W Mecca’s Angel) won his debut at the Curragh today for Coolmore.
I sometimes think my biggest beef with Coolmore is their naming process. There is a lot of imagination to mine between the sire and dam's names, and they end up with the completely generic Hudson River. Well I guess this year must be river names.
I think their names are broken down by quality, not by a year to year theme.

Colts with the best prospects are almost exclusively named after famous artists, politicians, composers, explorers, philosophers, etc. The more famous the dude, the higher the odds that that colt had the best workouts in Spring of his two year old season.

They also name them after geography. Full on country, like Australia or Japan? Probably a nice horse. Then it seems to trickle down to cities, provinces, etc. Adelaide, Western Australia, Wichita, Toronto, Arizona. Then you have the niche geography like St Nicholas Abbey and Gleneagles.

Then they just have those random ones that range from cool and powerful sounding, like Mogul, to bleh ones like Dawn Rising. Not to mention all the military themed names they use for their War Fronts. Sue Magnier had the name Camelot on hold for 10 years before the right horse came along.

Not that the planning of good names for good horses always works... just ask John F Kennedy and Cristoforo Columbo.
weeeeeeeee
TurfLover

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:24 am

Delta’s Royalty (Galileo x Royal Delta) makes her third career start at Kempton today. Her current record is 1/2
Later in the card is also Inherent (Dubawi x Integral) - dam was a top class miler
ThreeMustangs

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:48 pm

TurfLover wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:24 am Delta’s Royalty (Galileo x Royal Delta) makes her third career start at Kempton today. Her current record is 1/2
Later in the card is also Inherent (Dubawi x Integral) - dam was a top class miler
Inherent won, but Delta’s Royalty was a well-beaten fifth.
Last edited by ThreeMustangs on Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThreeMustangs

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:54 pm

Zaykava, Zarkava’s 3yo filly by Siyouni, won her debut today by 2.5 lengths at Compiègne
Northport

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:23 pm

From the Arqana Breeze Up sale at Doncaster

American Pharoah X Rare Cat, by Tabasco Cat - (colt is half to Om) - sold to Marc Chan for £450,000
Big Blue Kitten X Sweeter Still, by Rock of Gibraltar - (filly is half to Kameko) - sold to Qatar Racing for £200,000
weeeeeeeee
Starine

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:27 pm

Half-Brother To Rising Turf Star Mean Mary, Bye Bye Melvin Keeps To Grass In Saturday’s Kent Stakes
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thor ... nt-stakes/

That name tho :? Anyway, I'll be rooting for Hogy's little brother Gufo, who comes into the Kent on a three-race winning streak.