Stallion News

BaroqueAgain1

Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:12 pm

I'm so sorry that society's worst prejudices and pressures have hit you so hard, Treve. I hope one day you can kick your anxiety to the curb and enjoy a happy, loved life with someone.

Concerning the question of whether AP did/didn't 'bite' Pence...I wouldn't be surprised if the stallion finally got annoyed by being held by a clueless, clumsy stranger (with a bunch of nervous-smelling Secret Service dudes hovering), and showed his impatience by giving the VP a quick little nip. And then drama queen Pence blew it up to some vicious 'bite' that almost made him 'collapse.' :roll:
Ridan_Remembered

Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Treve wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:55 am
Ridan_Remembered wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:27 am
Flanders wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:31 am

Maybe AP can sense evil?
Why does everything in our time have to be...you don't agree with me politically, so you're evil? I have my political opinions too, but prefer to keep them out of a horse racing forum I enjoy. Here, for me it's about the horses. That's it. Can we keep it that way?
But do your political opinions include torturing teenagers until they are traumatized enough to deprive themselves of human love and intimacy? Do your political opinions include saying an entire group of humans deserve to die and burn in hell just for existing? Because let me tell you as someone who is gay, just the notion of homophobia has imprinted me in such a way that now as a late 20-something adult I am unable to express any kind of physical affection love or intimacy. And studies show that is actually detrimental to human health. I'm socially handicapped, I've got the spontaneity beaten out of me - I will probably die alone because now just the thought of being intimate with someone gives me irrepressible anxiety for multiple reasons. And that's just due to the fear of being persecuted because my actions would've been misinterpreted. I can only imagine what those who have gone through conversion therapy must feel and be like. I have friends who are definitely very conservative and I am not, I'm capable of respecting them and their opinions even when I disagree with them. But their opinions don't actually include killing and torturing other people.
And notice you're the only one who is making it political and making a big deal of it. Everyone else was just joking around.
Whew, there's a lot to unpack but let's just burn the whole suitcase!
@Flanders, that's the problem with reading things in a flat medium like this. Discerning nuance and meaning can be very difficult. I didn't get that your comment about AP sensing evil was a joke. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

@Treve, you have me at a disadvantage because I could not respond immediately to your post above. I'm genuinely sorry for your pain and wish you only the best in finding joy, love and peace. As gently and kindly as possible, I would add two things. First, my response to Flanders was the opposite of political. It was a plea to keep politics out of this forum, at least out of the horsey parts of it. You see, you are not the only person who has experienced pain and trauma in their childhood. I sure did, thanks to an alcoholic mother who abandoned me when I was about 10 months old. I was passed from one relative and stranger to another until I was old enough to be warehoused in a working class Catholic boarding school. There I stayed 12 years until graduation from high school. I also was unloved and emotionally abused all those growing up years. Although my father kept custody of me, he was already 46 when I was born and was ill-equipped to raise a girl. So I would see him on weekends and holidays. That's it. Yet he was everything to me as a child. The nuns, on the other hand, were cold and abusive. When I was maybe 9 or 10, one of them said something so deeply cruel to me that it has stuck with me my whole life. She said I didn't deserve the father I had. How could she say something so cutting to a child who, in practical terms, was raised as an orphan?

But you see, Treve, being forced to basically fend for myself my whole life taught me a few things. For one, there are some 7.5 billion people on this planet today, and who knows how many more lived throughout history, and who will be born in the future. Every single one of those people will have pain and trauma of some kind in their lives. Every one. Even the elite can't escape. So I learned to make my way in life with head held high, facing the world with kindness and humor that might or might never be returned, but which gives my life value. The answer to a happy life is inside us, not out there in a world filled with people who have their own issues.

So circling back to what started this conversation, I once again request that we keep politics out of these horsey threads. Horses -- animals, really -- are my refuge. I hope yours too.
Last edited by Ridan_Remembered on Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Somnambulist

Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:52 pm

Politics determines how we live life and more or less have access to anything. It's not seprate from racing, especially when you consider the industry relies on immigrant labor and the current administration wants to make sure they all go back to where they came from.

Didn't Coolmore share a photo of Pence with AP a few months ago on Twitter? I remember there being a lot of backlash then.
lurkey mclurker

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:26 pm

I don't think in this case we went looking for politics, although it sometimes seeps into remarks in the threads and forums. But in this specific case, politics came into horse racing. It's "news" however relevant or irrelevant we might consider it individually, it was reported/posted on a fairly visible horse racing website.

Asking people to *NOT* talk about it - whether in jest or in seriousness - starts a slippery slope IMO.

I get the desire to keep things happy, but sometimes you may have to just choose to click away from stuff that might harsh your squee. Caveat lector, and all that. But those are my two pennies, for what they're worth.
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:13 am

Lord of Greatness Moves to Wind N' Spring Farm in West Virginia
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloo ... -virginia/

~ He was one of the Stonewall stallions that did not move to Oakton. I wonder where the others, such as G1 winning A.P. Indy son Telling, are.
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
KatieK101

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:30 pm

Mylute wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:13 am Lord of Greatness Moves to Wind N' Spring Farm in West Virginia
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloo ... -virginia/

~ He was one of the Stonewall stallions that did not move to Oakton. I wonder where the others, such as G1 winning A.P. Indy son Telling, are.
I completely forgot about Telling. I hope he’s doing well.
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:49 pm

New G1 winner Street Band is from what I believe is the last US crop of Istan, who was exported to Saudi Arabia in 2017.

His other progeny include Classic-placed Atigun, MGSW Istanford, and GSW Albano.
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
Flanders

Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:34 am

starrydreamer

Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:14 am

lurkey mclurker wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:26 pm I don't think in this case we went looking for politics, although it sometimes seeps into remarks in the threads and forums. But in this specific case, politics came into horse racing. It's "news" however relevant or irrelevant we might consider it individually, it was reported/posted on a fairly visible horse racing website.

Asking people to *NOT* talk about it - whether in jest or in seriousness - starts a slippery slope IMO.

I get the desire to keep things happy, but sometimes you may have to just choose to click away from stuff that might harsh your squee. Caveat lector, and all that. But those are my two pennies, for what they're worth.
Agreed.

I think there would have been similarly quippy statements if AP had bitten, say, Joe Biden.
Northport

Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:15 pm

Flanders wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:34 am Flat Out moving to Oklahoma
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... n-oklahoma
Who was asking last week about how Spendthrift is able to fit 5 news stallions in their already massive roster?
weeeeeeeee
mariasmon

Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:27 pm

Northport wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:15 pm
Who was asking last week about how Spendthrift is able to fit 5 news stallions in their already massive roster?
I'm guessing the handwriting is on the wall for several others, as well.
Mylute

Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:58 pm

Being the leading sire of your class by number of winners just doesn't cut it anymore.

Maximus Mischief > Flat Out
TapitsGal

Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:58 pm

I was wondering which horses will be shipping out to free up space for the five new stallions in 2020...now I have one answer...at least he's going to a regional market NOT overseas
Private Thoughts

Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:01 pm

starrydreamer wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:14 am
I think there would have been similarly quippy statements if AP had bitten, say, Joe Biden.
Edited to avoid the argument that's probably about to start: don't drag politics into the forum, please. It tends to get ugly. And before I get misinterpreted: I would do the same thing with a posting that would rant about Trump.
Last edited by Kurenai on Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No politics please
KatieK101

Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:31 pm

Northport wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:15 pm
That would be me :) I guess I have my answer.
Northport

Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:36 pm

It's kind of hilarious and telling of the North American industry when the top 3 third year stallions are Take Charge Indy (exported to Korea), Declaration of War (exported to Japan), and Shanghai Bobby (Exported to Japan).

Yeah yeah yeah, Take Charge Indy is coming back, I know.
weeeeeeeee
Diver52

Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:43 pm

Private Thoughts wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:01 pm
starrydreamer wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:14 am
No , he’s a Democrat and as such whatever he spouts is gospel, they can do no wrong, people would just say, “oh that’s just crazy “Uncle Joe” joshing around. Democrats can say some of the most off the wall bat $hit crazy stuff and nobody says a word or just repeats the stupidity like it’s gospel.

He can paw women, be a bigot, and endorse segregationist crap, but he’s our man. The list is endless of his guffaws, but he’s a top contender for president.

So please stop with the false, it was just humor bs. Looks and sounds to me, in my opinion, that Trump derangement syndrome is alive and well in this forum.

So carry on with the mean spirited rhetoric, but realize the majority of the “LEGAL” voters in this country are tired of the crap. And probably a lot of folks on here, who no longer say much, because the herd mentality piles on to shut them up.
Reminds me of a filly who ran against Zenyatta, Allicansayiswow. Sorry you feel like that.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Starine

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:12 pm

Diver52 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:43 pmReminds me of a filly who ran against Zenyatta, Allicansayiswow. Sorry you feel like that.
I still remember that incredible, incredible race called by Vic Stauffer where she almost went down mid-stretch after clipping heels. And not only did she recover, she went on to win. "ALL I CAN SAY IS, 'WOW!'" One of my favorite racing memories.
stark

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:18 pm

Starine wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:12 pm
Diver52 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:43 pmReminds me of a filly who ran against Zenyatta, Allicansayiswow. Sorry you feel like that.
I still remember that incredible, incredible race called by Vic Stauffer where she almost went down mid-stretch after clipping heels. And not only did she recover, she went on to win. "ALL I CAN SAY IS, 'WOW!'" One of my favorite racing memories.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O18kjuIYCVU
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Starine

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:22 pm

stark wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:18 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O18kjuIYCVU
Yep, that's the one! 8-)