Zenyatta News

Ridan_Remembered

Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Z13 is quite the colt, that's for sure. He really is a looker. We have to wait nearly two more years to see how he takes to racing, but if looks could tell the tale, this guy is on his way to the top.
Squeaky

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Wonder who they will breed her to this year? How soon do they have to decide?
mariasmon

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:41 pm

Squeaky wrote:Wonder who they will breed her to this year? How soon do they have to decide?

Most people probably have their mares booked by November. With Zenyatta's status, they could probably wait 'til the last minute and visit any stallion they like, but that wouldn't be the most courteous way to play it. Depending on which stallion they choose, which farm stands him and whether he is syndicated, it does require finagling to squeeze a mare in to a full book.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:46 pm

When is her War Front foal due? If she foals late in the spring, I wonder if the Mosses may decide to give her this next year off, in order to get her back into an earlier breeding schedule?
If she is bred this year, I would look for her to go to either Tapit again ('cause Z13 is pretty good-looking), or to a stallion who is about to have a break-out year...the Mosses have been pretty savvy in picking Z's mates. Or, maybe...it's time for her to book a vacation in Ireland...and visit Galileo? :mrgreen:
Diver52

Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:03 pm

He's not quite high-profile enough maybe, but I would love to see how she matches up with Candy Ride.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
serenassong

Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Personally, I would love to see Musketier(Ger) or Americain, but that would never happen- the nick for Americain is nice

http://www.truenicks.com/free-reports/h ... e=Zenyatta

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:35 pm

While his "nick" may be good, I suspect that the Mosses would avoid Americain because he's about as big as Zen. Looking at who Zen has visited so far, it would appear that normal-sized studs who can modify her Amazonian build, plus put in a bit more speed, have been the horse of choice.
frankel13

Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Not sure if my previous reply posted, so apologies if this appears twice. I just feel that the main stallions are overpriced and I think a horse like Run Away and Hide should be considered. He's made a great start to his stud career, stands for next to nothing, is a small horse at 16.0 hands high and ranks an A++ with Truenicks.
Northport

Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:57 pm

frankel13 wrote:Not sure if my previous reply posted, so apologies if this appears twice. I just feel that the main stallions are overpriced and I think a horse like Run Away and Hide should be considered. He's made a great start to his stud career, stands for next to nothing, is a small horse at 16.0 hands high and ranks an A++ with Truenicks.
I dont think stud fees are an issue for the Mosses
weeeeeeeee
Allspice

Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:27 pm

I've said it since she retired, I think she should visit Giant's Causeway at some point. I'd also like to see her go to Kitten's Joy, I don't remember him being particularly big. Tiznow would be a good match pedigree wise, but he's pretty big if remember right. An injury kept from from running at two though, not his size like Zen.
I don't know if they would consider it, but I'd also love to see her go to Lonhro too. IMHO, he's the only stallion standing stud in America that was as much of a freak on the track as Zen was and he has been a leading stallion in AUS for years now.

I don't think they are high profile enough for her, but I also like City Zip, More than Ready and -removed-. City Zip in particular, but I may be bias toward him. Actually, scratch that, I am bias toward him. XD

EDIT: Lemon Drop Kid was a stupid suggestion. Sorry. :oops:
Last edited by Allspice on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Miss Woodford

Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Allspice wrote:I've said it since she retired, I think she should visit Giant's Causeway at some point. I'd also like to see her go to Kitten's Joy, I don't remember him being particularly big. Tiznow would be a good match pedigree wise, but he's pretty big if remember right. An injury kept from from running at two though, not his size like Zen.
I don't know if they would consider it, but I'd also love to see her go to Lonhro too. IMHO, he's the only stallion standing stud in America that was as much of a freak on the track as Zen was and he has been a leading stallion in AUS for years now.

I don't think they are high profile enough for her, but I also like City Zip, More than Ready and Lemon Drop Kid. City Zip in particular, but I may be bias toward him. Actually, scratch that, I am bias toward him. XD
Breed her to Lemon Drop Kid and you have an Ascot Gold Cup horse.
Ioya Two

Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:32 am

Lol yeah. Or one for Cheltenham, over 3+ miles of jumps/fences.

I would go for more exploitation of the turf elements in her pedigree. I like her with Encosta De Lago, or Redoute's Choice. More Than Ready is an awesome sire, even with his popularity he's never been top, top notch. They run on both surfaces, at a variety of distances, and more importantly he will give the foal some speed.
Pulpit 1994-2012
serenassong

Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:50 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:While his "nick" may be good, I suspect that the Mosses would avoid Americain because he's about as big as Zen. Looking at who Zen has visited so far, it would appear that normal-sized studs who can modify her Amazonian build, plus put in a bit more speed, have been the horse of choice.

Yeah, that's another reason it will never happen- but you would get such a lovely horse, IMO. Something that you may be able to take over the jumps. Just dreaming.

Lonhro is another great idea- again, just dreaming

I think I remember, before Zenyatta, her cross was a D or something like that?
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Private Thoughts

Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:00 pm

Miss Woodford wrote: Breed her to Lemon Drop Kid and you have an Ascot Gold Cup horse.
That would be a wonderful foal to see. Lemon Drop Kid is such a gorgeous animal and I would love to see one of her foals race at Ascot. I love the European racing when it's shown on TV. Even sending her overseas to be bred to some of the fantastic stallions there would be a treat. If I remember correctly though, she wasn't a good shipper so I don't know if that would be feasible, but I suppose I can dream can't I?
Allspice

Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:15 pm

Miss Woodford wrote:
Allspice wrote:I've said it since she retired, I think she should visit Giant's Causeway at some point. I'd also like to see her go to Kitten's Joy, I don't remember him being particularly big. Tiznow would be a good match pedigree wise, but he's pretty big if remember right. An injury kept from from running at two though, not his size like Zen.

I don't think they are high profile enough for her, but I also like City Zip, More than Ready and Lemon Drop Kid. City Zip in particular, but I may be bias toward him. Actually, scratch that, I am bias toward him. XD
Breed her to Lemon Drop Kid and you have an Ascot Gold Cup horse.
Did not think of that. Sorry.
mariasmon

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:14 am

Seems like Zenyatta enjoys the attention a bit more than Rachel :D
mariasmon

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:26 am

Ooops
Last edited by mariasmon on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mariasmon

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:29 am

Ooops.
Last edited by mariasmon on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life At Zen

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:59 am

Wrong thread Mon? Lol
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch