Random News about Breeding and Breeders

Sparrow Castle

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:06 am

lurkey mclurker wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:54 pm As I descend down into the google timesuck spiral... looks like she was at/DBA EF1 Farms - Brazeau was purchased/bought out apparently in 2017.
North Light and City Wolf are two other Adena Springs stallions that will be relocated to California.

In a deal handled by Andy Stronach, who is Frank Stronach's son, the two stallions will stand next season at EF1 Farms, which until Nov. 1 operated as Brazeau Thoroughbred Farms. The more than 80-acre operation was recently acquired by horse products businessman and breeder Eric Yohan.
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... california

Huh... omg is it possible this was where those Stronach broodmares in the online auction were from?!?!?
http://www.chrb.ca.gov/Stewards/Minutes ... _05_06.pdf
NADINE ANDERSON COMPLAINT (CASE NO. 18SA0071)
Owner Nadine Anderson appeared in office today along with her attorney Mark Boykin
(Woodland Hills CA). The complaint in matter reads as follows:
Owner Nadine Anderson is indebted to EF 1 Farms for board and care of (82) thoroughbred
race horses. Total $49,263.00.

Also present at the hearing were Horse Owner/Farm Owner Paul Brazeau and Eric Yohan
Knipe, who is in the process of purchasing EF 1 Farm from Mr. Brazeau, and Bookkeeper
Maria Delao. Owner Anderson, who previously managed the farm, recently removed
several dozen of her horses from the farm. Former licensee Danny Alameda, who has been
suspended for roughly 20 years, was mentioned as being involved in this matter, which was
a highly contentious and complicated hearing. Mr. Knipe indicated he was taking action in
civil court regarding other board bills and issues. After deliberation, the Stewards
recommended this matter be addressed in civil court. We subsequently dismissed this case
without prejudice. Nadine Anderson, who we suspended for failing to appear in this matter
before us (REF: 4/14/181) was reinstated in the following ruling after appearing here today.
Brilliant work, lurkey mclurker. Lordy, there's a lot of intrigue here. I have to pack to leave town tomorrow or I'd be helping unravel the mystery. Bloodhorse Stallion Registry needs to catch up.
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:55 am

Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:46 pm

Wooh, boy.

Artificial Insemination, Embryo Transfer at Heart of Jockey Club's Revocationof Stud Book Privileges to Anderson

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray- ... -anderson/
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
Retrospectiv

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:16 pm

Yes Lurkey, it was the Stronach bred horses tied up with all that. It was searched out but not really followed up on back in October.
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:20 pm

AI and embryo transfer!? How did she think she was going to get away with that? :shock:
Unless she was handling all the procedures by herself, in a darkened barn after midnight, there were going to be witnesses. :roll:
Mylute

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:37 pm

Maybe Frank was right when he said they aren't doing things right back headquarters.
Northport

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:54 pm

Headquarters of what? His farm or Stronach Group? They are completely separate.
weeeeeeeee
lurkey mclurker

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:44 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:20 pm AI and embryo transfer!? How did she think she was going to get away with that? :shock:
Unless she was handling all the procedures by herself, in a darkened barn after midnight, there were going to be witnesses. :roll:
Y'know what, that's actually exactly what I thought when I found out that she had background in Arabians. I figured it was semen/AI or swapping out stallions or the like, especially when the other individual mentioned in the complaint was "suspended roughly 20 years" from the CHRA too... shady accomplice maybe?

Still, wow. So dumb. Soooooooooooooooooooo dumb. :roll:
Falinadin

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 pm

It's mentioned in the Paulick article that Make Music for Me was one of the stallions standing at the farm just prior to the Jockey Club's investigation. He just sold at Keeneland January for $1,000. Hopefully he's off to a better place.
Northport

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:13 pm

I wonder if any of those dozens of broodmares in foal to the Adena Stallions were impregnated using AI... or if Andy Stronach had anything to do with it or if the mares were Nadine Anderson's... the plot thickens.
weeeeeeeee
Sparrow Castle

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 pm

It is hard to believe how anyone thought they could get away with this. At least I hope this isn't common practice anywhere.
Starine

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:19 pm

Stonewall’s Prestige Stallions Under Strangles Quarantine; Some Farm Clients Claim They Were Not Notified
https://www.paulickreport.com/horse-car ... -notified/
Northport

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Their esteemed track record takes another hit!
weeeeeeeee
Mylute

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Stonewall's Prestige Stalkions Under Strangles Quarantine; Some Farm Clients Claim They Were Not Notified

https://www.paulickreport.com/horse-car ... -notified/

~ Also for the past few months there have been posts like "Richard you have not paid the invoice" on their Facebook.
lurkey mclurker

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:10 pm

(Starine already posted it above yours ^^^ FYI) 8-)
Sparrow Castle

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:09 am

Found this interesting...

Sales Vetting: Agree to Differ, or Differ to Agree?
Dr. No must have been a veterinarian. Such, at least, was the implied verdict of many horsemen and women responding to a tweet posted by Gray Lyster of Ashview Farm the other day.

One of Lyster’s many appealing qualities is that you are more likely to find him breaking powder at Jackson Hole than glazing his eyeballs on social media all day. On Saturday, however, he was prompted into one of his sporadic messages by the fact that the “two worst vetted yearlings” in Ashview’s past two crops had both won on debut last week. “When you are vetting horses to purchase, please keep that in the back of your mind,” he added.

The reaction was impassioned: “likes” by the hundred, retweets by the dozen, each comment creating ripples of further comment. Mark Taylor, for instance, observed that Taylor Made’s poster of a hundred Grade I winners could equally be titled the “failed vetting poster,” adding: “I actually believe that failing the vet as a yearling could be the most accurate indicator of elite talent we have!” Bluewater Sales, endorsing Taylor, said that its clients are told: “This one may have just enough wrong with it to be a runner.”
More: http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/sa ... r-to-agree

This is the Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/graylyster/status/1 ... 2781992961
Sparrow Castle

Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:29 pm

Maverick Fipke Seeking the Genetic Gold
Every breeder will recognize the parallel. You stand in the icy water and patiently dip the sieve again, hope never failing no matter how often that momentary glint turns out to be just another worthless piece of grit. Because you know that somewhere upriver, beneath the snowy uplands, lies a seam of gold. And it’s just the same with Thoroughbreds: pan enough tributaries of the gene pool, someday you’ll trap that stray nugget.

So if Charles E. “Chuck” Fipke has his own way of going about trying to make a stallion–his stable almost exclusively comprises not only homebreds, but homebreds by homebred sires–it’s not hard to see why. The only reason he can afford to do it, after all, is because he saw the world in a different way from every other geology graduate. They all knew there were no diamonds in Canada, until Fipke demonstrated that they were wrong.
More: http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/196133-2
Starine

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:42 pm

Updated: New Civil Lawsuit Filed Against Hagyard Equine Medical, Others Over Misdated Sale Radiographs
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/the- ... diographs/
Sparrow Castle

Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:33 pm

Hagyard Partner, Dr. Luke H. Fallon, Issues Statement on Radiograph Lawsuit
The following is a statement from Hagyard Equine Medical Institute partner, Luke H. Fallon, DVM, in response to a lawsuit filed Feb. 7 in the Fayette Circuit Court alleging Hagyard has been falsifying the dates that radiographs were taken on some horses about to be sold at Keeneland since 2006.

The lawsuit filed on February 7 in Fayette Circuit Court regarding several Hagyard Equine Medical Institute veterinarians is without merit. All of us at Hagyard are disappointed by the claims made by Tom Swearingen.
More: http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/ha ... ph-lawsuit
Gemini

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:51 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:33 pm Hagyard Partner, Dr. Luke H. Fallon, Issues Statement on Radiograph Lawsuit
The following is a statement from Hagyard Equine Medical Institute partner, Luke H. Fallon, DVM, in response to a lawsuit filed Feb. 7 in the Fayette Circuit Court alleging Hagyard has been falsifying the dates that radiographs were taken on some horses about to be sold at Keeneland since 2006.

The lawsuit filed on February 7 in Fayette Circuit Court regarding several Hagyard Equine Medical Institute veterinarians is without merit. All of us at Hagyard are disappointed by the claims made by Tom Swearingen.
More: http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/ha ... ph-lawsuit
I honestly don't know much about the whole situation but unless Tom Swearingen and others are completely insane, there had to be *some* basis for the allegations... I guess?