Zenyatta News

Sparrow Castle

Thu May 10, 2018 12:58 am

It's getting wide-spread publicity now, but still all based on the Equineline report.

Report: Zenyatta Loses 2018 Into Mischief Foal
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloo ... hief-foal/

Report: Zenyatta aborts Into Mischief foal as misfortune continues
https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/ ... inues_123#
BornToWin

Thu May 10, 2018 5:07 am

I hope Zenyatta is okay though if she lost the foal last night, it might be too soon for there to be a blog post. It would have been unexpected. I wonder if she was injured (a kick or something) that caused the premature birth. Or if something more is going on.

I sure hope she is okay. Losing the foals is bad enough but the risk of losing her to something else going on ...can't think about that.
luvsgeldings

Thu May 10, 2018 8:44 am

very concerned for zenyatta - just doesn't seem right that nothing has been said officially - especially now with all the speculation that is circulating - if she had lost the baby this late, well that is just awful enough - but now I am worried about her too - I dearly hope she is ok.

obviously the Moss's have every right to privacy - and to release info when they see fit - - but... its all very worrisome.
FlyToTheStars

Thu May 10, 2018 9:33 am

A person from Facebook said she called Lane's End, the farm said she is healthy and Zenyatta.com will post something soon.

Guess its true then. I wouldn't be surprised if she was bred again for 2019 since she might apparently lost the foal back in April.
BornToWin

Thu May 10, 2018 9:43 am

Thank you for sharing the update, FlytotheStars. That is good news.
luvsgeldings

Thu May 10, 2018 9:52 am

yes, thank you for that update - really appreciate it - so very sad about the foal though - but so relieved to hear zen is ok.
mariasmon

Thu May 10, 2018 11:08 am

Why must people call the farm and bother them? :roll:
No 1 Cares

Thu May 10, 2018 11:20 am

mariasmon wrote:Why must people call the farm and bother them? :roll:
i'm with you. the only reason i can think of is they think they have some "right to know".....they do not. i happen to adore a certain mare that i was allowed to visit on numerous occasions while she was racing but would never call the farm or her connections.
Somnambulist

Thu May 10, 2018 12:05 pm

Because people be crazy.
mariasmon

Thu May 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Because people be crazy.
:lol:
No 1 Cares wrote:
i'm with you. the only reason i can think of is they think they have some "right to know".....they do not. i happen to adore a certain mare that i was allowed to visit on numerous occasions while she was racing but would never call the farm or her connections.
Yep. Because you have an appropriate sense of boundaries. What is it with Zenyatta that attracted such whackadoodles?
BaroqueAgain1

Thu May 10, 2018 1:52 pm

It's not just Zen; ask Taylor Swift and other celebrities about their stalkers, some of whom have done more than just try to phone them. :(
Summer Bird

Thu May 10, 2018 5:25 pm

You all should see the comments on the Horse Racing Nation FB page. So many people thinking she’s traumatized from losing her foals.
BornToWin

Thu May 10, 2018 6:06 pm

People are intrusive. Something in the celebrity that seems to encourage it. Love and hate. Maybe the call news wasn't true--maybe that person just said it to feel important. Would the farm really even say anything without the owners' approval?

I hope Zenyatta is okay. I hope she goes on to have a few more babies before she is retired and I hope the next ones are super horses. I couldn't read those comments. I am sad the little one is gone but things happen. I wish they wouldn't but we all know it does no matter how well cared for.

When the owners are ready, we'll hear.
luvsgeldings

Fri May 11, 2018 11:23 am

her website confirmed the loss of the foal - it is sad - but glad to know she is doing well - she looks good in her paddock - love her.
SSilence86

Fri May 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Official word from Zs connections have been posted on her blog.

She aborted mid-April due to low grade placentitis.

Z has bounced back from the loss and is healthy.
BaroqueAgain1

Fri May 11, 2018 1:14 pm

Mid-April? So close to her due date, I'd think the foal would have been fully-formed. :(
I wonder if it was a colt or filly?
Condolences to all her connections, especially Lane's End's broodmare caretakers. Losing a foal so close to the due date must be hard for the folks who care for and love these mares.
lurkey mclurker

Fri May 11, 2018 3:31 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Mid-April? So close to her due date, I'd think the foal would have been fully-formed. :(
Condolences to all her connections, especially Lane's End's broodmare caretakers. Losing a foal so close to the due date must be hard for the folks who care for and love these mares.
I was thinking the same thing, and wondering what could have led to the foal being stillborn/aborted, that close to term. What a shame. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Treve

Fri May 11, 2018 3:34 pm

lurkey mclurker wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Mid-April? So close to her due date, I'd think the foal would have been fully-formed. :(
I was thinking the same thing, and wondering what could have led to the foal being stillborn/aborted, that close to term. What a shame. :cry: :cry: :cry:
The condition itself, placentitis is characterised by occurring in the late term and resulting in the loss of weaker or slightly premature foals, I believe. Unless it's caught early enough but it can be really difficult to catch it early.
It really comes down to shit luck.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Private Thoughts

Fri May 11, 2018 8:57 pm

Such a shame that two of the best mares in the last several years have only a handful of foals each. Rachel has two and Zen has three.

Rotten luck I suppose, different reasons for each mare, but it really stinks that neither of them have had much luck as a broodmare.