2018 foals

FlyToTheStars

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:02 am

Flanders wrote:
Treve wrote:Aw what a sweet face! And yes I agree it's odd... seems a little premature for that amount of handling unless the filly needed a bit more help somehow?
Glad to know mum and daughter are both alive and well.
I wonder if they will try to breed her again - I feel like I remember reading not long ago that they wanted to get at least one filly out of her to keep before retiring her. Looks like they got their wish!
All they had said was they would sell the colts and keep the fillies, which to me sounds like no retirement any time soon.
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -mitchells
I believe this is the last foal for Leslie. I was told last year that the foal she is carrying (AP's) is her last before pensioning her. The Papplemousse's dam was pensioned last year after having her foal (she is at the same farm).
bare it all

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:06 am

Well, it’s 7am ET and Via is live grazing in her paddock.

What a fabulous fake job she did!!
neighhey

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:25 am

Photos of foals by Stormberg (Storm Cat--Serena's Song)

Filly o/o Sensibly Chic (foaled 1/22)

Colt o/o Deja Entendu (foaled 2/16)

(Photos from Tommy Town Thoroughbreds)
Treve

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:04 am

@JustinZayat
16m16 minutes ago
Our new American Pharoah- Megalicious filly born last night. Already trying to be Superwomen! Mare goes to Uncle Mo this season @jazz3162 @LanesEndFarms @ZayatStables

A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
neighhey

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:12 am

Must say, for a second, I was confused about why that filly had plaid leg wraps!
Treve

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:21 am

Hahaha I did too especially since I first saw the photo from my phone!
FlyToTheStars wrote:
Flanders wrote:
Treve wrote:Aw what a sweet face! And yes I agree it's odd... seems a little premature for that amount of handling unless the filly needed a bit more help somehow?
Glad to know mum and daughter are both alive and well.
I wonder if they will try to breed her again - I feel like I remember reading not long ago that they wanted to get at least one filly out of her to keep before retiring her. Looks like they got their wish!
All they had said was they would sell the colts and keep the fillies, which to me sounds like no retirement any time soon.
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -mitchells
I believe this is the last foal for Leslie. I was told last year that the foal she is carrying (AP's) is her last before pensioning her. The Papplemousse's dam was pensioned last year after having her foal (she is at the same farm).
They don't currently have plans to breed her again, they're in wait and see mode, they'll check her out in 8-9 days and if she's in good shape they might consider breeding her again.
The Clarkland team is taking a wait-and-see approach to Leslie's Lady and if they will breed her this spring.

"It's too early to tell," Mitchell said. "She's in phenomenal shape. She looks as good now as she's ever looked in her life. We'll palpate her around eight or nine days and if she's toned up good we might consider breeding her, if she stays in good shape. It's all up to her."
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... roah-filly
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Sparrow Castle

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:49 pm

Craig Bernick @Craig_Bernick
4h4 hours ago
Hard Spun/Customer Base colt born last night. Mare was a Grade 3 winner, G2 placed. This is her first live foal. She will be bred to Kitten’s Joy.
Sparrow Castle

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Tom Ryan @TomRyanKY
1h1 hour ago
I’m completely bias here but these Flintshire foals are exceeding all expectations. This filly was foaled over night at Atlas Farm. A half sister to duel @BreedersCup champion Stephanie’s Kitten. One day Flintshire will rule the roost as an elite turf sire. Won 5 Group ones 9.5m
o/o Unfold the Rose
Treve

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:30 pm

With Dansili now pensioned I expect Flintshire to get more and more elite turf mares.
This little fellow should be a good one, how exciting!
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Sparrow Castle

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:19 pm

He might have some competition with Tourist. Those foals are looking good too.

https://twitter.com/TomRyanKY/status/989560440534519815

Elliott Walden @WinStarCEO
2h2 hours ago
Replying to @TomRyanKY @BreedersCup and 10 others
Tom, It will be a good battle between @WinStarFarm Tourist and @hillndalefarm Flintshire in a few years for Turf Sire of 2020..... Looking forward to the battle. 1:31.72; 3 mile races under 1:33 or less! #mydadisfasterthanyours.
Treve

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:29 pm

Yes I've been hearing a lot of good buzz about the Tourist babies!
I'm pretty excited/pleased with the emergence of increasingly serious caliber turf racing in the US.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Sparrow Castle

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:46 pm

Treve wrote:Yes I've been hearing a lot of good buzz about the Tourist babies!
I'm pretty excited/pleased with the emergence of increasingly serious caliber turf racing in the US.
Me too. And remember we also have Noble Mission who's first foals are 2 year olds now. Should be very good turf racing in the years ahead!
mosieposie12

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:56 pm

I have been on a tour of the bluegrass and have had the privilege to see a few foals at Taylor Made, WinStar and Darley @ Jonabell. They are all so cute and fuzzy :)
Kelly Ann

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:26 pm

Watching Via Veneto's camera and have a question...are tremors and full body shakes common in mares about to foal? Poor girl is a quakey mess
mariasmon

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:43 pm

Camera's off now.
Kelly Ann

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:50 pm

Yeah, what looked like a vet came in, checked her over then they cut the camera.

And reading the comments over on the livestream page, can't say I blame them for cutting the feed off if they were going to do more than pet her nose. :shock:
lurkey mclurker

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:57 pm

*crosses everything* Hoping for the best for Via Veneto & her foal... :?

ETA: the feed is back up but the stall is empty... spec on chat is that she may have been vanned to a clinic.

*goes to look for more things to cross for good luck*
Ridan_Remembered

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:32 pm

lurkey mclurker wrote:*crosses everything* Hoping for the best for Via Veneto & her foal... :?

ETA: the feed is back up but the stall is empty... spec on chat is that she may have been vanned to a clinic.

*goes to look for more things to cross for good luck*
Agreed. Wishing the very best for Via and her foal. Last night just seemed surreal the way even experience people at the farm were fooled. Hopefully there is nothing wrong, but if there is, then privacy is best.

@Kelly Ann, yes, I agree. Comments on those live chats can be uncomfortable, to put it politely. I know people care and are only expressing their worry, but rank speculation doesn't help anything.
mariasmon

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Where is this live chat happening?
lurkey mclurker

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:43 pm

It's on the YouTube version of the live feed, down under the video. Not a lot being said right now.

ETA I should maybe explain that if you click on the title/link in the top left corner of foal patrol feed, it will open a new tab/window that is the YouTube feed, where the chat is.