2018 foals

aethervox

Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:25 pm

I just tuned in to the Memento d'Oro foal cam and it looks like they're giving the filly an IV. I hope she's okay! :shock:
serenassong

Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:16 pm

aethervox wrote:I just tuned in to the Memento d'Oro foal cam and it looks like they're giving the filly an IV. I hope she's okay! :shock:
Just saw that- perhaps just needed some extra fluids.

BTW- the Bird Town cam is live- she looks huge! Got about another month to go.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:18 pm

No 1 Cares wrote:Per her foalpatrol.com blog page, it's a filly! They also posted 4 short, in stall videos. It was a camera he attached to her halter :D
I love those cam shots- I find them very entertaining- they have a few of them posted.
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
No 1 Cares

Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:22 pm

i know harris farms out here gives Hyperimmune Plasma to each foal born there. I didn't see what went on with the little filly but perhaps similiar?
Summer Bird

Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:24 pm

No 1 Cares wrote:i know harris farms out here gives Hyperimmune Plasma to each foal born there. I didn't see what went on with the little filly but perhaps similiar?
That could be it. Some farms give it to every foal and some only do it if the foal’s IG levels are low, but I don’t know how this farm operates.
Personal Ensign

Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:51 pm

Is it just the camera angle or is Bird Town's stall really small?
There are other things that I could do, but there's really nothing that I love as much as horse racing. Chantal Sutherland

-Formerly LadyWeaver-
Flanders

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:15 pm

Personal Ensign wrote:Is it just the camera angle or is Bird Town's stall really small?
I would say that is an average size stall. Its not a foaling stall as she is a month away from delivering.
Personal Ensign

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:22 pm

Ahh okay thanks Flanders it's been awhile since I've been around horse stalls
There are other things that I could do, but there's really nothing that I love as much as horse racing. Chantal Sutherland

-Formerly LadyWeaver-
Ridan_Remembered

Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:00 pm

I'm a worry wart -- just checked in on the mares and foals at National Museum of Racing site. La Verdad and her filly are not in their stall yet even though it's after dark now (8:00pm eastern). Is it unusual for mares and foals to be left outside after dark?
SSilence86

Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote:I'm a worry wart -- just checked in on the mares and foals at National Museum of Racing site. La Verdad and her filly are not in their stall yet even though it's after dark now (8:00pm eastern). Is it unusual for mares and foals to be left outside after dark?
I had to go check too.
I'm not sure but I assume they wouldn't be left out.
Ridan_Remembered

Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:52 pm

SSilence86 wrote:
Ridan_Remembered wrote:I'm a worry wart -- just checked in on the mares and foals at National Museum of Racing site. La Verdad and her filly are not in their stall yet even though it's after dark now (8:00pm eastern). Is it unusual for mares and foals to be left outside after dark?
I had to go check too.
I'm not sure but I assume they wouldn't be left out.
They must be in a different stall, because it's still empty at almost 9:00pm eastern. Now the La Verdad stream is off line. I sure hope nothing is wrong with the mare or her beautiful foal.
SSilence86

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:13 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote: They must be in a different stall, because it's still empty at almost 9:00pm eastern. Now the La Verdad stream is off line. I sure hope nothing is wrong with the mare or her beautiful foal.
I was thinking a different stall as well.
lurkey mclurker

Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:51 am

Meanwhile, Bird Town sleeps sprawled out, big as a whale :lol: and every time I check in I have to double-take that she's not actually in labor (she still has a month to go, I think??)... :lol:
Ridan_Remembered

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:28 am

SSilence86 wrote:
Ridan_Remembered wrote: They must be in a different stall, because it's still empty at almost 9:00pm eastern. Now the La Verdad stream is off line. I sure hope nothing is wrong with the mare or her beautiful foal.
I was thinking a different stall as well.
It occurred to me as I was waking up this morning that maybe La Verdad and her filly were shipped to wherever her next "date" is located. I hope that's all it is.

LOL about Bird Town. :lol:
mariasmon

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:52 am

lurkey mclurker wrote:Meanwhile, Bird Town sleeps sprawled out, big as a whale :lol: and every time I check in I have to double-take that she's not actually in labor (she still has a month to go, I think??)... :lol:
She has been cracking me the heck up.
No 1 Cares

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:40 am

mariasmon wrote:
lurkey mclurker wrote:Meanwhile, Bird Town sleeps sprawled out, big as a whale :lol: and every time I check in I have to double-take that she's not actually in labor (she still has a month to go, I think??)... :lol:
same here! she seems to dream a lot, either that or has restless leg syndrome, lol.

via veneto's camera is up, haven't seen her yet.

i love gainesway's paddock cam, just saw 7 run into view.
SSilence86

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:55 am

Ridan_Remembered wrote:
It occurred to me as I was waking up this morning that maybe La Verdad and her filly were shipped to wherever her next "date" is located. I hope that's all it is.
Indeed.
She & her filly are at Hill n Dale Farm where she'll be bred to Curlin.
serenassong

Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

No 1 Cares wrote:
mariasmon wrote:
same here! she seems to dream a lot, either that or has restless leg syndrome, lol.

via veneto's camera is up, haven't seen her yet.

i love gainesway's paddock cam, just saw 7 run into view.
If the cam is indeed on her paddock- she is having a snooze flat out in the sunshine
Sparrow Castle

Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:12 pm

TaylorMadeStallions @TMStallions
11m11 minutes ago
Mshawish filly out the great race mare Sandiva, a 5X GSW who won or placed in 12 graded races while compiling earnings of over $765K! Bred by Al @AlShaqabRacing, this is her first foal @BradWeisbord
Personal Ensign

Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:27 pm

Are those grey hairs on her rump?
Sparrow Castle wrote:TaylorMadeStallions @TMStallions
11m11 minutes ago
Mshawish filly out the great race mare Sandiva, a 5X GSW who won or placed in 12 graded races while compiling earnings of over $765K! Bred by Al @AlShaqabRacing, this is her first foal @BradWeisbord

-Formerly LadyWeaver-