2018 foals

mariasmon

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:05 pm

I'm going to start on a sour note, by posting mares who already have a no foal report.

Above Heaven (o/o Lady Joanne)
Adopt Me (o/o Precious Kitten)

Bedazzle (dam of Street Sense)
Bsharpsonata
Buster's Ready

Casual Smile (GB) (GSW, o/o Casual Look)
Composure

Dame Dorothy

Game Face

Her Smile
Honest Pursuit (o/o Honest Lady)

Indy Five Hundred

Just Reward (dam of Persistently)

Little Bonnet (dam of Boys at Tosconova)

Miss Shop

Quiet Now (1/2 to Saint Liam, etc., dam of Lull)

Rutherienne

Visit (GB)

Zaftig
lurkey mclurker

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:39 pm

But omgosh the countdown begins!!! :mrgreen:
starrydreamer

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:39 pm

More mares with no foal reports already in...

Bel Citron (was bred to Data Link)
Classy Touch (was bred to Mineshaft)
Database (was bred to Ironicus)
Don't Trick Her (was bred to Cairo Prince)
Doo Lang (was bred to War Front)
Sparrow Castle

Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Join the Foal Patrol! New Interactive Series Follows Pregnant Horses
On Tuesday, Dec. 19, the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame introduced Foal Patrol, an interactive web program that allows fans to get an up-close day-by-day look at the emotional journey of the foaling process at Thoroughbred horse farms.

Foal Patrol is a one-of-a-kind collection of live web cameras where people can view real-time streams of several in-foal (pregnant) mares during their pregnancy through the actual foaling. The live camera feeds will be available beginning Dec. 19 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST daily with extended hours as the expected foaling date approaches.

The live cameras can be accessed for free by visiting http://www.foalpatrol.com. The website is optimized for viewing across all media platforms, including tablets and smart phones.

The Museum's president, John Hendrickson spearheaded the effort to create Foal Patrol, and along with his wife Marylou Whitney will be financing much of the project.

“I am thrilled that Foal Patrol has become a reality. New fans, racing enthusiasts, and young people will have their own virtual stable at their fingertips,” Hendrickson said. “They will get to know these magnificent athletes up close and personal and be an integral part of their lives through foaling and far beyond."

Foal Patrol will debut with five mares: Sabbatical at Claiborne Farm in Paris, Ky. (in foal to stallion War Front with a due date of Jan. 28, 2018); Stopchargingmaria at Three Chimneys Farm in Versailles, Ky. (in foal to Pioneerof the Nile with a due date of Feb. 2, 2018); Centre Court at Shawnee Farm in Harrodsburg, Ky. (in foal to Medaglia d’Oro with a due date of Feb. 19, 2018); La Verdad at Edition Farm in Hyde Park, N.Y. (in foal to Tapit with a due date of March 15, 2018); and Memento d’Oro at Old Tavern Farm in Saratoga Springs (in foal to Bodemeister with a due date of March 31, 2018).

Three additional mares are scheduled to be added to the Foal Patrol roster in March 2018: Via Veneto at Double Diamond Farm in Ocala, Fla.; Bird Town at Gainesway Farm in Lexington, Ky.; and Arravale at Chanteclair Farm in Versailles, Ky.
More: https://www.americasbestracing.net/life ... ant-horses

Foal Cams: https://www.foalpatrol.com/
bare it all

Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:51 pm

Well looks like I'll be staring at this for the next few months.

Currently looking at Centre Court in her stall. No one else is in. I absolutely LOVE that they put the routine, diet and some details about who you're looking at and who owns them, etc. Great stuff and this is the sort of thing we need in racing. Bring people in from the beginning.

...but I'm feeling terrible for whoever has to bring Centre Court her breakfast at 3AM. Holy hell.

Which now looking at it and thinking about it. Approx how much grain and hay does a broodmare need? 12-13lbs hay a day and 3-4lbs of feed?
mariasmon

Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:35 pm

bare it all wrote:...but I'm feeling terrible for whoever has to bring Centre Court her breakfast at 3AM. Holy hell.
It's probably nightwatch, no?
Northport

Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:13 pm

This time of year (at larger farms at least, I only have personal experience with Adena), there is always someone in the Broodmare Barn.
weeeeeeeee
Retrospectiv

Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:57 pm

All showing nothing for me, Off Air :(
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Falinadin

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:21 am

I wonder what their protocol will be if something goes wrong. Of course I hope all involved stays safe, but things can happen. I assume they'd just turn off the cameras and update later?

I love watching Country Life Farms' live stream each year. I'm too cheap to pay for stablemates to watch Winstar's.
Flanders

Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:03 am

Falinadin wrote:I wonder what their protocol will be if something goes wrong. Of course I hope all involved stays safe, but things can happen. I assume they'd just turn off the cameras and update later?

I love watching Country Life Farms' live stream each year. I'm too cheap to pay for stablemates to watch Winstar's.
When I watched Mare Stare something went wrong the one time and they went and turned the camera off.
serenassong

Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:53 am

Flanders wrote:
Falinadin wrote:I wonder what their protocol will be if something goes wrong. Of course I hope all involved stays safe, but things can happen. I assume they'd just turn off the cameras and update later?

When I watched Mare Stare something went wrong the one time and they went and turned the camera off.
The cam membership used to be free @ Winstar, not sure if they changed that or not. I have always been a grade 3- sometimes 2 when I can afford it. You can do a monthly payment plan instead of paying up front. I know that some of our members here are there as well- and I have talked to a few over there via the boards and PM :D
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Ziggypop

Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:22 pm

serenassong wrote:
Flanders wrote:

The cam membership used to be free @ Winstar, not sure if they changed that or not. I have always been a grade 3- sometimes 2 when I can afford it. You can do a monthly payment plan instead of paying up front. I know that some of our members here are there as well- and I have talked to a few over there via the boards and PM :D
winstar births are delayed 24 hours. So folks are watching video.
serenassong

Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:56 pm

The cam membership used to be free @ Winstar, not sure if they changed that or not. I have always been a grade 3- sometimes 2 when I can afford it. You can do a monthly payment plan instead of paying up front. I know that some of our members here are there as well- and I have talked to a few over there via the boards and PM :D[/quote]
winstar births are delayed 24 hours. So folks are watching video.[/quote]

I understand that- but it's still exciting to me- especially when you see the same mares year after year. I was told it it was done for safety reasons.
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
Ziggypop

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:34 pm

serenassong wrote:The cam membership used to be free @ Winstar, not sure if they changed that or not. I have always been a grade 3- sometimes 2 when I can afford it. You can do a monthly payment plan instead of paying up front. I know that some of our members here are there as well- and I have talked to a few over there via the boards and PM :D
winstar births are delayed 24 hours. So folks are watching video.[/quote]

I understand that- but it's still exciting to me- especially when you see the same mares year after year. I was told it it was done for safety reasons.[/quote]
That is true. But I thought that people who are new to viewing should know.
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:39 pm

I used to watch Marestare regularly, and bad things happened...more often than one would hope. Since Marestare tends to service smaller breeders, there was often only one or two people attending a mare in distress. Cameras often weren't turned off, or not until well after viewers could see that there was a problem.
With all the too-sensitive, too-uninformed animal welfare folks out there, it makes tons of sense to put foaling on tape-delay. Pretty sure the PETA people would have a meltdown when they saw a foal being pulled with ropes or chains. :roll:
Ioya Two

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:18 pm

Oh man, it all starts tomorrow! I'm sure we will get some that foal out tomorrow. Who knows, we might have had an early one or two we don't know about.
Pulpit 1994-2012
serenassong

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:11 am

Anyone want to guess when the first TB appears? Hoping for all safe births, now the sleepless nights begins for broodie managers and foal crews all over KY as well as other places.
Maybe 1/4/18?
TBird

Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:18 pm

serenassong wrote:Anyone want to guess when the first TB appears? Hoping for all safe births, now the sleepless nights begins for broodie managers and foal crews all over KY as well as other places.
Maybe 1/4/18?
I'm quite sure the first have already appeared. When they will be announced is a different story. ;)
serenassong

Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:39 pm

TBird wrote:
serenassong wrote:Anyone want to guess when the first TB appears? Hoping for all safe births, now the sleepless nights begins for broodie managers and foal crews all over KY as well as other places.
Maybe 1/4/18?
I'm quite sure the first have already appeared. When they will be announced is a different story. ;)
Yeah, like 12:01am on 1/1 :D
lurkey mclurker

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere are the babieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Seriously, where? I need some foal fuzzies! :lol: