horses with unique coloring/facial markings

lurkey mclurker

Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:41 am

HAU NANI (JPN) (Lord Kanaloa x Yukichan) broke her maiden over 1400m, turf, at Tokyo

replay:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3evp9hX75I

Treve

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:55 am

She's a really attractive filly, regardless of her colour but that white makes her pop! So happy for her :D
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
lurkey mclurker

Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:10 pm

They had before & after the race pics up on twitter, I felt soooo sorry for her grooms. :lol: She was pristine cloud-white in the parading ring and so muddy she looked fleabit grey after running.
ThreeMustangs

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Mighty Boss, who won the Caulfield Guineas (G1) yesterday at 100-1 (photo by Bronwyn Healy):

BaroqueAgain1

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:19 pm

I saw that race and I'm glad someone has posted a photo of the colt. His coat is so golden and his mane and tail so flaxen that IMHO he could be registered as a palomino. 8-)
Ridan_Remembered

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:42 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I saw that race and I'm glad someone has posted a photo of the colt. His coat is so golden and his mane and tail so flaxen that IMHO he could be registered as a palomino. 8-)
He sure does look like a Palomino. Very good looking horse.
Sparrow Castle

Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Nicole Russo‏ @DRFRusso
Hip 31 at #FTOct is a horse of a different color: A white Get Stormy colt.

Joe Nevills‏ @DRFNevills
Hip 31, Blizzard Condition, a registered white Get Stormy colt o/o The White Fox mare Packed Powder. #FTOct
ImageImage
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:32 pm

His hind legs look really straight in that side shot. :?
Maybe he'll make someone a flashy saddle horse, but I would be surprised if he's a successful racehorse. I hope I'm wrong, because I have a soft spot for Clyde (Get Stormy). ;)
Jumron

Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:35 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:Wonderful win for Shironii! He sure is easy to pick out in the race.

Miss Vista, the splash white, finished 3rd in her race at Caulfield today. Haven't found a replay but in Googling for the results (grrr, TVG didn't show it), I found a Facebook page with more photos of her.
https://www.facebook.com/racingalong/
I caught Miss Vista on Australian racing last night at Seymour...she led for about 4 furlongs of a 5 furlong race and then was "swallowed up" by the closers. In checking her recent record I noticed she hasn't been doing well after coming back from a break. Perhaps retirement will be in her future?
Laughter is an instant vacation.....Milton Berle
Treve

Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:01 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:His hind legs look really straight in that side shot. :?
Maybe he'll make someone a flashy saddle horse, but I would be surprised if he's a successful racehorse. I hope I'm wrong, because I have a soft spot for Clyde (Get Stormy). ;)
The stance and angle of the photo makes them look worse than they are. But as it were an article on Bloodhorse implied that the person who bought him was likely just a collector and wasn't sure if he'd race him or just keep him as a nice flashy hunter for his daughter.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Sparrow Castle

Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Treve wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:His hind legs look really straight in that side shot. :?
The stance and angle of the photo makes them look worse than they are. But as it were an article on Bloodhorse implied that the person who bought him was likely just a collector and wasn't sure if he'd race him or just keep him as a nice flashy hunter for his daughter.
This is the DRF article about his sale. I thought it was interesting, especially how they keep the tail white...wish they'd name the shampoo.

All-white yearling Blizzard Condition hammers for $21,000
Since 2002, the North American auction market has seen just eight registered white Thoroughbreds go through the ring during the yearling season. The number of eventual Kentucky Derby winners offered in the same span of time is seven.

The newest member of the exclusive club of white auction graduates was Blizzard Condition, a completely unmarked Get Stormy colt who sold to Becky Thomas as agent for David Hutson for $21,000 on Monday at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale.

“He wanted him because he’s obviously a collector’s item,” Thomas said after signing the ticket. “I’m not clear what he’s going to do with him, perhaps race him, then have him for his daughter for a hunter.”
http://www.drf.com/news/all-white-yearl ... mers-21000
Sparrow Castle

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:17 pm

LT‏ @Lion_Tamer_Nz
Shes done it again..windsor parks mare the opera house has produced another white foal.by mongolian khan
Flanders

Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:42 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:LT‏ @Lion_Tamer_Nz
Shes done it again..windsor parks mare the opera house has produced another white foal.by mongolian khan
I think that is 4 white foals in a row for her. It would be great if she could get a top class runner because she isn't bred for color and she has been going to G1 winning stallions.
Treve

Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:49 am

Flanders wrote:
I think that is 4 white foals in a row for her. It would be great if she could get a top class runner because she isn't bred for color and she has been going to G1 winning stallions.
Wonder who she will go to this season.

ETA: I'm curious by the way, is it easy for Aussie mares to go to studs in NZ and Kiwi mares to go to studs in Australia? Or do their quarantine restrictions for the rest of the world apply to one another?
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Sunline

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Flanders wrote:
Here is all her foals she has had so far

2012:Habour Bridge-Bay filly by Big Brown
2013:unnamed Chestnut Colt by Pluck-I havent found anything about this foal except that he was sent to NZ in 2013 with his dam.
2014:Casta Diva-White Filly by High Chaparral(racing in Japan)
2015:unnamed white Colt by Shamexpress(was brought by China Horse Club will race in Australia)
2016:unnamed White Filly by Charm Spirt
2017:The Mongolian Khan Filly she has just had
Sunline (1995-2009)- Queen of the Turf/ Mare of the World.
Starine

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:58 pm

Godolphin's loudly marked Talismanic will be running in next weekend's BC Turf. ;)

Treve

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:48 pm

Starine wrote:Godolphin's loudly marked Talismanic will be running in next weekend's BC Turf. ;)

He has a belly spot but I can never remember on which side. First caught my eye in last year's Arc paddock.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

lurkey mclurker

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:17 am

Shironii (JPN), full brother to Buchiko (JPN), got his third win today at Kyoto going 1800m on the dirt. :mrgreen:
via Twitter
Jumron

Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:24 am

lurkey mclurker wrote:Shironii (JPN), full brother to Buchiko (JPN), got his third win today at Kyoto going 1800m on the dirt. :mrgreen:
via Twitter
I saw that race on the Kyoto feed...wonderful come from behind victory with this guy. I don't have his pp's...have they tried him in Group stakes company yet?
Laughter is an instant vacation.....Milton Berle
tachyon

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:53 am

Jumron wrote:
lurkey mclurker wrote:Shironii (JPN), full brother to Buchiko (JPN), got his third win today at Kyoto going 1800m on the dirt. :mrgreen:
via Twitter
I saw that race on the Kyoto feed...wonderful come from behind victory with this guy. I don't have his pp's...have they tried him in Group stakes company yet?
Not yet.
And here below is his pp's

http://umanity.jp/en/racedata/db/horse_ ... 2014105947