Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

mariasmon

Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:07 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
mariasmon wrote:Delta Prince (1/2 to Royal Delta) just won stylishly at Saratoga.
Not sure what prompted the 4-months between races this year, but I thought he looked like a winner all the way.
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 17USA5.pdf
I suspect he has issues. Here's hoping he stays sound and gets some graded wins.
Sparrow Castle

Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:39 pm

mariasmon wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:
mariasmon wrote:Delta Prince (1/2 to Royal Delta) just won stylishly at Saratoga.
Not sure what prompted the 4-months between races this year, but I thought he looked like a winner all the way.
I suspect he has issues. Here's hoping he stays sound and gets some graded wins.
I'll second that! :D
Macaroni

Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:17 pm

American Cleopatra Bred to Uncle Mo, Could Still Race

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... still-race
Kay16

Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:20 pm

mariasmon wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:

Yes I hope!
Point Given

Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:24 pm

St Patrick's Day (2-Year-Old Colt)
(Pioneerof the Nile - Littleprincessemma)
Date: August 6, 2017
Track: DEL MAR
Distance: Five Furlongs
Time: 1.00:00 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Starine

Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:42 pm

Yesterday Bolt d'Oro broke his maiden in fine style at Del Mar; he is pointing for the Futurity next month. He is a half-brother to graded stakes-placed Sonic Mule by Medaglia d'Oro. His second dam is the good Claiborne mare Trip.
Point Given

Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:41 pm

River Front (2-Year-Old Colt)
(War Front - Havre de Grace)
Date: August 5, 2017
Track: GOLDMARK
Distance: Three Furlongs
Time: 38:40 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: All Weather Track
BaroqueAgain1

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm

Where is Goldmark?
Thanks in advance.
Sparrow Castle

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:56 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Where is Goldmark?
Thanks in advance.
Ocala, Florida. Whisper Hill sends the babies there for early training. Actually, not just Mandy, lots of folks do.
mariasmon

Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:37 pm

Divining Rod will see if he can be the 3rd straight winner for Precious Kitten, following his full and half sisters' recent maiden breaking wins. He is entered in the Polynesian S. at Laurel on Saturday. His stablemate, Mo'ne Davis (1/2 to Barbaro), is entered in the Twixt S. on the same card.

Anonymity (full to Hansen) will debut Friday in Race 6 at Del Mar.

R Sunday Surprise (full to California Chrome) runs Friday in Race 8 at Del Mar (vs. Cal-breds again).

She's Funny (Tapit x Hystericalady) debuts in Race 7 at Del Mar on Saturday. I don't recall having seen Richard Mandella training for Godolphin prior to this.
Northport

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Godolphin has really been diversifying their trainers, and not just with their newer trend of keep their high price in training purchases with the horse's existing trainer (much to Saeed Bin Suroor's chagrin). They've sent some two year olds to John Oxx for the first time this year as well.
weeeeeeeee
Sparrow Castle

Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:54 pm

Northport wrote:Godolphin has really been diversifying their trainers, and not just with their newer trend of keep their high price in training purchases with the horse's existing trainer (much to Saeed Bin Suroor's chagrin). They've sent some two year olds to John Oxx for the first time this year as well.
I wonder how much of this is the result of the change to Joe Osborne, Godolphin's new group chief executive. Not to mention the troubles of John O’Shea and Henry Plumptre in Australia due to the strangles thing. I'm happy with the direction they're going.

Godolphin recently posted a video of John Oxx and the two year olds.

Godolphin‏Verified account @godolphin
We catch up with legendary Irish trainer #JohnOxx, who has five 2yos in training for #TeamGodolphin, as they step out on the Curragh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgjzJ_U ... e=youtu.be
Sparrow Castle

Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:59 pm

This guy hasn't been making very many starts, but he had a good win today.

Seal Six finished 1st by 1/2 lengths, on August 9, 2017, at DEL MAR in Race 2.
Off odds: 9.60
Your comments for this horse were: 2011 Tiznow - Sweet Damsel, by Turkoman; full to Colonel John, Mr. Hot Stuff
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 17USA2.pdf
Northport

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Northport wrote:Godolphin has really been diversifying their trainers, and not just with their newer trend of keep their high price in training purchases with the horse's existing trainer (much to Saeed Bin Suroor's chagrin). They've sent some two year olds to John Oxx for the first time this year as well.
I wonder how much of this is the result of the change to Joe Osborne, Godolphin's new group chief executive. Not to mention the troubles of John O’Shea and Henry Plumptre in Australia due to the strangles thing. I'm happy with the direction they're going.

Godolphin recently posted a video of John Oxx and the two year olds.

Godolphin‏Verified account @godolphin
We catch up with legendary Irish trainer #JohnOxx, who has five 2yos in training for #TeamGodolphin, as they step out on the Curragh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgjzJ_U ... e=youtu.be
Could be. They've been such a mess the last few years with all of the trainer switches and changes at the top of the management. Diversification never hurts, and John Oxx is a very good trainer in my opinion, even though he has lost two major supporters in The Aga Khan and Christopher Tsui in recent years.
weeeeeeeee
mariasmon

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:42 pm

It still seems like Kiaran McLaughlin is getting the majority of Godolphin's best US prospects, but they're still using people like Eoin Harty, as well. Will be interesting to see how good the horses they've sent to Mandella are.
Sparrow Castle

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:29 pm

I noticed Godolphin has a two year colt with Michael Stidham, Pandamonia by Bernadini-Filarmonia (ARG) by Slew Gin Fizz, making his debut at Delaware Park tomorrow. He's been working at Fair Hill and is 5-1 on the morning line. I've also noticed they've used Baffert and Tom Albertrani in the past. But yes, I'm interested in seeing how Mandella's horses do too, since he's one of my favorite trainers.
Sparrow Castle

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Oscietra Draws Barrier Four at Geelong Friday
Oscietra (Aus) (Exceed And Excel {Aus}), the first foal out of the undefeated Black Caviar (Aus) (Bel Esprit {Aus}), has drawn barrier four in the third race over the Geelong synthetic Friday, reported racenet.com.au. The 1000-metre feature is the second race for the Neil Werrett-bred filly, who ran third in the New Year Plate to subsequent G3 Blue Diamond Preview S. heroine Limestone (Aus) (Helmet {Aus}) at first asking over the grass at Flemington on New Year’s Day. Trained by David and Ben Hayes and Tom Dabernig, Oscietra most recently won an Aug. 4 jump out at Flemington.
http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/os ... uY.twitter
tachyon

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:56 am

Tanino Frankel(IRE), 2015C. Frankel(GB) x Vodka(JPN), has been entered for Niigata 5R 1600m turf Newcomer August 12th.

http://umanity.jp/en/racedata/race_8.ph ... 1204020505

BaroqueAgain1

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:40 pm

R Sunday Surprise, 'Chrome's little sister, just broke her maiden in the 8th at Del Mar, a 1-mile MSW on the turf for state-bred fillies and mares. On the home turn, her rider aimed her at the space that barely opened on the rail, and she bravely came through inside of horses. Took the lead and hung on to win by maybe a half length.
:D :D :D
mariasmon

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:49 pm

mariasmon wrote:R Sunday Surprise (full to California Chrome) runs Friday in Race 8 at Del Mar (vs. Cal-breds again).
She won.