Zenyatta News

bare it all

Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:13 pm

Sad. I wonder if one of them retains rights to the racing stable, the breeding stock and/or they get to pick and choose?

I honestly have half wondered if this is why Coz is still training/running. He's an asset to be divided in the divorce (which tbh, he needs to be gelded and made into a nice hunter pony).

Holy moly, imagine if as part of the divorce settlement they have to sell Zenyatta. I mean, so far she's been a flop as a producer (breeding her to the wrong stallions, imho), but as a collectors item? Get your checkbook out, Mandy!!!!
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Ann has been so involved with Zen that I suspect that she will ask for the right to continue visiting 'her' big mare whenever she wishes. Since the blog on Z's website has already announced that Ann will continue to oversee that site, I presume we will continue getting her updates...and photos of her loving on the Big Z. ;)
That latest photo with the filly shows an attractive youngster, although the little one seems to have inherited her mom's looonnnng head.
sweettalk

Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:48 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Ann has been so involved with Zen that I suspect that she will ask for the right to continue visiting 'her' big mare whenever she wishes. Since the blog on Z's website has already announced that Ann will continue to oversee that site, I presume we will continue getting her updates...and photos of her loving on the Big Z. ;)
That latest photo with the filly shows an attractive youngster, although the little one seems to have inherited her mom's looonnnng head.
a longer head means her nose gets to the wire first, right? :lol: :lol:
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:38 pm

If Jerry and Ann married after he had made his fortune with A&M, I suspect that there will be little haggling about who gets what. Because prenup. :oops:
Life At Zen

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:28 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:If Jerry and Ann married after he had made his fortune with A&M, I suspect that there will be little haggling about who gets what. Because prenup. :oops:
A&M was founded in 1962. I don't know when Jerry and Ann married.

I would assume they will continue to co-own Zenyatta. Not sure if they will own her offspring individually (flip flop each foal) or co-own as well. I can't see either of them handing over full ownership over anything Zenyatta related.
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
SSilence86

Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Life At Zen wrote:
bare it all wrote:Finally, a Storm Cat line stallion for her. Nothing against Bernardini or Tapit or War Front or MDO, but this mare needs some serious speed infused into her.

Still holding out hope for Uncle Mo. what does she match up to City Zip with? Maybe even Speightstown.
As much as it would make me fangirl squeal, Uncle Mo is too big for her.
Z is what? 17 hands or so. She's a pretty big girl with substance.

Soundness issues aside, if he's to big for her, then wouldn't he definitely be to big for say... American Cleopatra?
*** I know this is Z's thread. Forgive me, it's just a curious question for me**
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:01 pm

IIRC, Z is 17.2, and her racing weight was over 1,250.
She is called The Big Mare for good reasons. :lol:
Life At Zen

Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:10 pm

SSilence86 wrote:
Life At Zen wrote:
bare it all wrote:Finally, a Storm Cat line stallion for her. Nothing against Bernardini or Tapit or War Front or MDO, but this mare needs some serious speed infused into her.

Still holding out hope for Uncle Mo. what does she match up to City Zip with? Maybe even Speightstown.
As much as it would make me fangirl squeal, Uncle Mo is too big for her.
Z is what? 17 hands or so. She's a pretty big girl with substance.

Soundness issues aside, if he's to big for her, then wouldn't he definitely be to big for say... American Cleopatra?
*** I know this is Z's thread. Forgive me, it's just a curious question for me**
Z is too tall and too big to be bred to another massive horse. The foal would be Warmblood sized.

I don't know AC's height and weight. Can't say for sure if it's a smart idea or not.
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
firehorse

Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:54 pm

Sorry to hear they are divorcing, kind of surprised even though it looked like they were divesting their interest in their stock, the guy is 82 (why bother?), gonna assume he's got something else going on - glad to see Ann will keep updating on Z. Regardless of what's going on, they really have been great to the fans of their horses.
firehorse

Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:57 pm

bare it all wrote:Sad. I wonder if one of them retains rights to the racing stable, the breeding stock and/or they get to pick and choose?

I honestly have half wondered if this is why Coz is still training/running. He's an asset to be divided in the divorce (which tbh, he needs to be gelded and made into a nice hunter pony).

Holy moly, imagine if as part of the divorce settlement they have to sell Zenyatta. I mean, so far she's been a flop as a producer (breeding her to the wrong stallions, imho), but as a collectors item? Get your checkbook out, Mandy!!!!
Unless she has a few more, I seriously doubt any of her sons will be gelded or sold (unless maybe in partnership at stud).
SSilence86

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:42 am

Ah. Ok. Foal would come out yearling sized :o

For some reason my tired mind was thinking the other way.
This is what happens when I work, move to a new house & try to get my child ready for the new school year all at once.
Ziggypop

Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:20 pm

firehorse wrote:Sorry to hear they are divorcing, kind of surprised even though it looked like they were divesting their interest in their stock, the guy is 82 (why bother?), gonna assume he's got something else going on - glad to see Ann will keep updating on Z. Regardless of what's going on, they really have been great to the fans of their horses.
They have been great to Z's fans. And paved the path for others in the industry to be more fan friendly.
Treve

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:21 am

SSilence86 wrote:Ah. Ok. Foal would come out yearling sized :o

This is what happens when I work, move to a new house & try to get my child ready for the new school year all at once.
Depends on what you're referring to. I'm not sure Zen to UM would cause foaling complications from size, however that would be a very slow maturing horse, and one very vulnerable during its growth. Then even if it got over that, it puts a horse more at risk while running if it's too big, there's only so much weight their skeleton is designed to carry and human intervention has allowed that weight to sometimes exceed what is 'safe'.
With breeding a very large male to a very small female that's were potentially you'd run into foaling complications but then wouldn't necessarily encounter the same kind of growth related and racing related sizing issues.
In general nature does her best so that the foal is usually small enough at birth to walk under the dam's belly, but there are so many factors that can come into play.

It's mostly a question of extremes, you don't want to breed extremes, whether it is a very large male with a very large female, or a very large male with a very small female.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
SSilence86

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:29 pm

Treve wrote:
SSilence86 wrote:Ah. Ok. Foal would come out yearling sized :o

Depends on what you're referring to. I'm not sure Zen to UM would cause foaling complications from size, however that would be a very slow maturing horse, and one very vulnerable during its growth. Then even if it got over that, it puts a horse more at risk while running if it's too big, there's only so much weight their skeleton is designed to carry and human intervention has allowed that weight to sometimes exceed what is 'safe'.
With breeding a very large male to a very small female that's were potentially you'd run into foaling complications but then wouldn't necessarily encounter the same kind of growth related and racing related sizing issues.
In general nature does her best so that the foal is usually small enough at birth to walk under the dam's belly, but there are so many factors that can come into play.

It's mostly a question of extremes, you don't want to breed extremes, whether it is a very large male with a very large female, or a very large male with a very small female.
Nah. Wasn't thinking foaling complications really. You should never breed 1 extreme to another extreme. I've seen very tragic results from cases like that.
Was just thinking the foal, when dropped had the potential to be huge.
I'm still impressed that Settling Mist foaled that moose Tonalist.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:56 pm

You don't really expect Tapit to sire a "moose." :P
I wonder how tall Tonalist is? His Stallion Register page doesn't provide that info, and those stallion profiles usually give the height of the stud. :?
mariasmon

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:05 am

Tonalist takes after the Pleasant Colony side. In fact, he reminds me a lot of Pleasantly Perfect.
firehorse

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:12 pm

Friday Photos up on zenyatta.com : )

luvsgeldings

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:27 am

awwww.... zenny's little girl is such a cutie!!
Miss Woodford

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:35 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:You don't really expect Tapit to sire a "moose." :P
I wonder how tall Tonalist is? His Stallion Register page doesn't provide that info, and those stallion profiles usually give the height of the stud. :?
Means he's probably 15.2hh or under. 15.3 gets "rounded" up to 16hh in TB stallion ads and if a horse is shorter than that his height is omitted altogether.
mariasmon

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:43 am

Miss Woodford wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:You don't really expect Tapit to sire a "moose." :P
Means he's probably 15.2hh or under. 15.3 gets "rounded" up to 16hh in TB stallion ads and if a horse is shorter than that his height is omitted altogether.
Ha. Tonalist is not under 15.2. The only question is how much over 17 hands he is.