Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:46 pm

http://www.bellesofthehall.com

“Belles of the Hall” presented by Stonestreet Stables and Team Zenyatta
Class of 2016 Racing Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Viewing Party
Friday, August 12th 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Saratoga Race Course backyard by Gate B

Squeaky

Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:53 am

Wondering when the Queen is due? Also read on Zenyatta.com that the Mosses were now separated? I wonder if they will continue to own horses together?
Katewerk

Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:30 am

Squeaky wrote:Wondering when the Queen is due? Also read on Zenyatta.com that the Mosses were now separated? I wonder if they will continue to own horses together?
She was bred May 2nd, if that helps.
oldgraymare

Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:50 am

Due date is usually around 340 days; can be a little more or less. So if my math is right she is due right about now. Last year she went over and it caused complications for the foal and he died. I'm sure they are keeping a close eye on her this time. 8-)
Life At Zen

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:15 pm

oldgraymare wrote:Due date is usually around 340 days; can be a little more or less. So if my math is right she is due right about now. Last year she went over and it caused complications for the foal and he died. I'm sure they are keeping a close eye on her this time. 8-)
She was well within the timeframe. Bad luck killed that foal, nothing more.
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Northport

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:18 pm

Like they weren't keeping a close eye on her last time? Okay
weeeeeeeee
luvsgeldings

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:56 pm

I almost asked Dottie at santa anita yesterday about Zenyatta - cannot wait until Zen has this baby - hoping all goes well for her and the new little one - - - regarding Ann and Jerry Moss..... have not seen Ann with Jerry at Santa Anita - when Gormley won a race a few back, Jerry Moss had his arm around some other blonde woman and was kissing her -Ann was no where to be seen - and same thing yesterday at Santa Anita - some other blonde with Jerry - no Ann - whoever this new blonde woman is, she put the Gormley saddle flowers around her neck after his SA Derby win, and she seemed to enjoy getting attention.
Life At Zen

Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Not gonna lie, that makes me super bummed out. They seemed like very nice people who were really good for each other. They were at Zenyatta's HOF induction together. Wonder when things went south. That's quite an empire to divide.
luvsgeldings

Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:14 pm

I am with you on that, Life At Zen - they always seemed so happy and so affectionate with each other - it makes me a little sad too - I mean, especially at their age - all those years together and now at this age in their lives, they split up? sad.
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:09 pm

I feel sorry for good people who are in the public eye...when things like divorce or other things that we normally consider should be private happen, they have to deal with all the public scrutiny. :(
firehorse

Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:13 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I feel sorry for good people who are in the public eye...when things like divorce or other things that we normally consider should be private happen, they have to deal with all the public scrutiny. :(
They seem to be very private people, am wondering if they have any children?
Squeaky

Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Agreed- I think this may be a false rumor from Zenyatta site- lady in photo in Santa Anita Derby thread looks like Ann to me. And I agree, none of our business. I should not have brought it up and I apologize.
luvsgeldings

Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:04 pm

some of the photo's are from the breeders cup years ago when ann was there and bo derek is in some of the pix - - but very true.... its their business.
Squeaky

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Yes you are correct. I didn't see the caption at first that it was an older photo.
Private Thoughts

Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:26 am

Perhaps they are not going to say anything about Zenyatta foaling this year after the events with her last two foals. Her foaling date based on the last breeding they mentioned of May 2nd, would have put her approximate foal date at April 7th. That was a week ago. While dates are approximate, seems to me she should have foaled by now.
TBird

Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:50 am

Private Thoughts wrote:Perhaps they are not going to say anything about Zenyatta foaling this year after the events with her last two foals. Her foaling date based on the last breeding they mentioned of May 2nd, would have put her approximate foal date at April 7th. That was a week ago. While dates are approximate, seems to me she should have foaled by now.
Virtually every mare on the farm where my mares live has gone 10 days to 2 weeks "late" this year. It is not unusual for mares to go 3 weeks past their "due date". In order to get a better estimate, you would have to look back and see what was the gestation was for Z's other foals (what was "normal" for her) and even then--without seeing the mare in person--you would still only have an approximate guess.
Life At Zen

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:10 pm

TBird wrote:
Private Thoughts wrote:Perhaps they are not going to say anything about Zenyatta foaling this year after the events with her last two foals. Her foaling date based on the last breeding they mentioned of May 2nd, would have put her approximate foal date at April 7th. That was a week ago. While dates are approximate, seems to me she should have foaled by now.
Virtually every mare on the farm where my mares live has gone 10 days to 2 weeks "late" this year. It is not unusual for mares to go 3 weeks past their "due date". In order to get a better estimate, you would have to look back and see what was the gestation was for Z's other foals (what was "normal" for her) and even then--without seeing the mare in person--you would still only have an approximate guess.
I believe her average is 340 days.
Also, I heard she didn't take on the first cover, and she had to go back a second time. This would put her due date at mid-May. Again, all speculation. I'm sure they will tell us once she foals. They can't keep that covered for long, someone will talk.
Flanders

Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:47 pm

http://www.zenyatta.com/news/spring-photos-2

They said she is due mid-May.
bare it all

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:41 am

Flanders wrote:http://www.zenyatta.com/news/spring-photos-2

I imagine that means she gets the year off? I know they breed to race, but that's pushing it late for TB foaling dates.
carole

Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:21 pm

bare it all wrote:
Flanders wrote:http://www.zenyatta.com/news/spring-photos-2

I imagine that means she gets the year off? I know they breed to race, but that's pushing it late for TB foaling dates.
I believe she didn't actually get pregnant on her first cover to MDO so they had to send her again, perhaps that's why this foal is due so late?