Stallion News

Diver52

Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:18 pm

Be careful about fretting over Charismatic' s adjustment--it sounds too much like "Bring Chrome Home!" sort of in reverse. :lol: Any recent news of Silver Charm and War Emblem?
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Treve

Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:41 pm

Diver52 wrote:Be careful about fretting over Charismatic' s adjustment--it sounds too much like "Bring Chrome Home!" sort of in reverse. :lol: Any recent news of Silver Charm and War Emblem?
I think War Emblem calmed down and more at ease after being gelded.
But I don't think it's an exaggeration, if you think about it at 20, that means he has spent 17 years of his life in Japan against 3 in America. Japan IS his home, and intercontinental travel + quarantine is not the same on a 4 year old as it is a 20 year old. Just saying.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Squally

Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:29 pm

Treve wrote:
Diver52 wrote:Be careful about fretting over Charismatic' s adjustment--it sounds too much like "Bring Chrome Home!" sort of in reverse. :lol: Any recent news of Silver Charm and War Emblem?
But I don't think it's an exaggeration, if you think about it at 20, that means he has spent 17 years of his life in Japan against 3 in America. Japan IS his home, and intercontinental travel + quarantine is not the same on a 4 year old as it is a 20 year old. Just saying.
Charismatic stood at Lanes End for several years before being sold to Japan. He has NOT been in Japan for 17 years. Old Friends has proven they know how to bring horses back from overseas and their horses thrive.
Treve

Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:40 pm

Squally wrote:
Treve wrote:
Charismatic stood at Lanes End for several years before being sold to Japan. He has NOT been in Japan for 17 years. Old Friends has proven they know how to bring horses back from overseas and their horses thrive.
I'm sorry 14 years is still the majority of his life.
Old Friends are not the ones piloting the plane last I checked, I never questioned Old Friends as a retirement facility or their level of care. I think what they do is fantastic.
I didn't even say I was personally opposed to bringing him back. I am saying the concerns are valid, and in no way comparable to 'Bring Chrome Home's' ridiculous claims of English abuse. :roll: Even as tongue in cheek ;)
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Diver52

Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:01 pm

I agree that the stresses of travel and quarantine are valid concerns for an older stallion. Otherwise, its just a farm change. Unless you think he's forgotten English?

(Tongue still firmly in cheek.)
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Treve

Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:14 pm

Diver52 wrote:I agree that the stresses of travel and quarantine are valid concerns for an older stallion. Otherwise, its just a farm change. Unless you think he's forgotten English?

(Tongue still firmly in cheek.)
Well they are still creatures of habit, but they're adaptable. Unless he's got a girlfriend or a gelding buddy he's attached to, I don't think he will be too heartbroken about it ;)
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Retrospectiv

Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Squally wrote:
Treve wrote:

And yet they were uneducated/naive enough to be completely unprepared for the War Emblem situation.....

They knew he would not cover mares. They've imported enough stallions to know covering 3 mares is a non-negotiable part of the incoming import requirements. And yet he ended up in quarantine WELL beyond the norm because.....duh.....he would not comply and breed the mares. And they ended up with an ultimatum......send him back to Japan, or geld him. No stress there for that known tempermental stallion...

They may do fine, but I'd argue on the thrive part for some of them. Most NEVER look as good as they did when they arrived from Japan. They really do receive SUPERIOR care there.
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Sparrow Castle

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Thanks for saying that, Retrospective. I was thinking something similar.

In unrelated news, I thought this article was interesting.
Galileo making his mark as a broodmare sire
THE past weekend was something of a rarity in that it didn't feature an European Pattern winner by Galileo. But that's not to say that the stallion slid into the background.

In a further enrichment to his burgeoning record as a broodmare sire, four of the weekend's stakes winners were out of his daughters.
Much more: http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/news/b ... e/2182456/
Starine

Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:14 pm

Shaman Ghost can make sire-line history in BC Classic
http://www.drf.com/news/shaman-ghost-ca ... bc-classic
Izvestia

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:26 am

Go Shaman Ghost! (although it's a tough race)
Treve

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:38 am

Izvestia wrote:Go Shaman Ghost! (although it's a tough race)
I kinda hope that they'd keep him in training for one more year. I think he'd have a better shot at the Classic next year, at a diff track. And they finally put him on Lasix, I think he could be out there winning a few more G1s.
And I'm guessing Frank will want him in the Pegasus anyway.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Somnambulist

Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:05 am

Hell have $20 of my sentimental money. I love GZ.
Treve

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:26 pm

Somnambulist wrote:Hell have $20 of my sentimental money. I love GZ.
He's currently 40-1 on Paddypower if you ever use those venues.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

BaroqueAgain1

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:59 pm

Now we know for sure why Sidney's Candy is missing from the newest Winstar stallion list, as he joins Drosselmeyer as a permanent Southern Hemisphere resident.
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/blood ... la-pasion/
Treve

Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:12 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Now we know for sure why Sidney's Candy is missing from the newest Winstar stallion list, as he joins Drosselmeyer as a permanent Southern Hemisphere resident.
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/blood ... la-pasion/
He's a very handsome, attractive and pretty correct stud. Wish him well!
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

TapitsGal

Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:56 am

Nyquist has retired to Darley, upstart to airdrie... Really not surprised on Nyquist
bare it all

Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:44 pm

$40,000 for Nyquist at Darley
$10,000 for Upstart at Airdrie
Life At Zen

Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:00 pm

bare it all wrote:$40,000 for Nyquist at Darley
That is RIDICULOUS.
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Treve

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:43 pm

bare it all wrote:$40,000 for Nyquist at Darley
:lol: :lol: :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Northport

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:31 pm

Treve wrote:
Izvestia wrote:Go Shaman Ghost! (although it's a tough race)
I kinda hope that they'd keep him in training for one more year. I think he'd have a better shot at the Classic next year, at a diff track. And they finally put him on Lasix, I think he could be out there winning a few more G1s.
And I'm guessing Frank will want him in the Pegasus anyway.
If Frank Stronach is anything, he's a sportsman. Even if there wasn't a Pegasus World Cup (which Shaman Ghost will almost definitely run in), I bet Shaman Ghost will race on next year. Heck, he was game to let the very fragile and much more accomplished Ghostzapper race at 5.... and with how weak the older horse division is turning up for 2017, I bet SG could land a couple more G1s.
weeeeeeeee