Stallion News

Northport

Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:04 am

Nobiz Like Shobiz has been moved to Old Friends from Crestwood. By the sound of it he has already been pensioned for awhile... that or his owner has decided to stop breeding him to his sisters :lol:
weeeeeeeee
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:23 am

Considering that Nobiz' is still young, what would happen if someone comes along and really wants to breed a mare to him? Can his owner 'borrow' the horse from Old Friends to use him? Does Old Friends ever use their not-quite-ready-for-the-rocking-chair youngish stallions for breeding?
Mel Mae

Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:38 am

Northport wrote:Nobiz Like Shobiz has been moved to Old Friends from Crestwood. By the sound of it he has already been pensioned for awhile... that or his owner has decided to stop breeding him to his sisters :lol:
When I was out there last spring (2016), Michael said that Nobiz was on a waiting list with Stephen Got Even and a few others. It sounded like after the 2015 season Crestwood just let him chill out at the farm until he could be moved and that it's the case for at least a few others as well.
tachyon

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:53 am

Leontes(JPN), 2013C. King Kamehameha(JPN) x Cesario(JPN) by Special Week(JPN), arrived in Breeders Stallion Station on Oct 21th 2016.

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/umaichi_news/e/ef ... ea24c2406b
Izvestia

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:58 am

Mel Mae wrote:
Northport wrote:Nobiz Like Shobiz has been moved to Old Friends from Crestwood. By the sound of it he has already been pensioned for awhile... that or his owner has decided to stop breeding him to his sisters :lol:
When I was out there last spring (2016), Michael said that Nobiz was on a waiting list with Stephen Got Even and a few others. It sounded like after the 2015 season Crestwood just let him chill out at the farm until he could be moved and that it's the case for at least a few others as well.
Nobiz is absolutely stunning, saw some photos of him at Old Friends, and he is a stud. :-)
Mel Mae

Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:28 pm

I saw Nobiz a few years ago at Crestwood. He was an attention hog so I'm guessing he'll love the Old Friends tours.
Treve

Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:11 pm

A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Mel Mae

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:55 pm

(The late) Harlan's Holiday was well represented at Keeneland today. Ami's Holiday won his first race since 2014 and a race later Lightstream finally returned to the winner's circle in the Raven Run.
Mel Mae

Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:04 pm

Old Friends just announced that Charismatic has been pensioned and is coming to the farm.
https://twitter.com/Oldfriendsfarm/stat ... 2940758016

ETA the full press release
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Charismatic has been in Japan since 2002, where he has been pampered. It's been his home for 14 years, but now the 20-year-old senior is going to be uprooted from the only home he's known for most of his life. Why?
Just so some American fans can visit him in Kentucky? Is that putting the horse first?
Alysheba was brought back from Saudi Arabia, to much fanfare...and IIRC died only a few months later. Was shipping a senior stallion thousands of miles just so he could 'return home' really the right thing to do for him?
:evil:
Grumblegrumblegrumble
mariasmon

Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:51 pm

Drosselmeyer has been sold to Stud TNT and will stand in Brazil.
CoronadosQuest

Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:20 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Charismatic has been in Japan since 2002, where he has been pampered. It's been his home for 14 years, but now the 20-year-old senior is going to be uprooted from the only home he's known for most of his life. Why?
Just so some American fans can visit him in Kentucky? Is that putting the horse first?
Alysheba was brought back from Saudi Arabia, to much fanfare...and IIRC died only a few months later. Was shipping a senior stallion thousands of miles just so he could 'return home' really the right thing to do for him?
Grumblegrumblegrumble
I agree. I always worry about them when they return at such an old age. Was it in his contract though, I wonder?
Treve

Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:30 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Charismatic has been in Japan since 2002, where he has been pampered. It's been his home for 14 years, but now the 20-year-old senior is going to be uprooted from the only home he's known for most of his life. Why?
Grumblegrumblegrumble
I agree. I always worry about them when they return at such an old age. Was it in his contract though, I wonder?
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ld-friends
I don't think it was contractual.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Treve

Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:46 pm

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... e-after-bc

Lord Nelson will retire after the BC to stand at Spendthrift and apparently has a busy book already.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

serenassong

Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:24 pm

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
BlindLucky

Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:28 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote:
Grumblegrumblegrumble
I think Blowen has been talking to them about Charismatic for years. I heard him mention it at least 5 years ago, that he wanted him at the farm when he was pensioned.

There has already been the "Remember Ferdinand!!" rallying cry online and all that stuff, as if this move confirms that he would have just been eaten. People really frustrate me.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Mel Mae

Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:05 pm

BlindLucky wrote: There has already been the "Remember Ferdinand!!" rallying cry online and all that stuff, as if this move confirms that he would have just been eaten. People really frustrate me.
The day that cry disappears may be the best ever day in racing.
Northport

Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:18 am

I agree with those saying it really isn't in the best interest of the horses to keep shipping them back from Japan after they are pensioned. Though Blowen has been discussing Charismatic's return for a few years now, so this isn't quite as surprising as Silver Charm or War Emblem
weeeeeeeee
tachyon

Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:53 am

That's wonderful news. :D
I'm just happy for Charismatic and his fans in the states.
I saw him in person at Belmont Park in 1999.
It was him who made me a North-American racing fan.
Time really flies and that must have been a very long journey for him.

Sayonara and happy retirement Charismatic!

-- video of Charismatic at JBBA in Feb 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad2POhZ0dsQ
tachyon

Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:14 pm

Wootton Bassett(GB) will stand at a fee of €20,000, up from just €6,000 this year.

http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/news/b ... 82165/top/