Zenyatta News

luvsgeldings

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:07 am

I agree with you Dusty - Ann seems a very sweet gentle caring soul - with much empathy and affection for her animals - a lovely person - I have heard the Moss's do a lot for horse charities - the man who runs Old Friends has said he could always count on them when he needed funds in the past - what wonderful classy people - and how I wish every horse in this game had owners who cared so much about their welfare.
Somnambulist

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:45 am

Dusty wrote:
Summer Bird wrote:Calling her a fruit loop doesn't mean she's dumb. What we're meaning is she's a little on the weird side. I've heard stories about what she's like when she visits Lane's End, and it sounds like she's loopy.
She is herself - she is a very kind person = she is intelligent and is absolutely a remarkable woman - I admire her - and respect her devotion to caring for their horses - I offer her my sincere condolences Jerry too = we should respect what they have done for their horses - to say these things is disrespectful - especially at this time -
I am devastated by this news I can only imagine what they are going through - my heart breaks for them
I knew at some point this thread would be emotionally dramatic, but this beyond what I would have imagined.
carole

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:51 am

I'm sorry to get this thread off topic but why the heck do people use this - or this= or this... to break up their sentences?! Am I just being daft and it just comes out differently to me, like emojis on various different phones?
luvsgeldings

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:55 am

have read different things from people at different sites, about how mares can deal with the loss of a foal - zenyatta is an obviously intelligent and kind being - hoping to read on her site that she is doing well in the days ahead - I am sure she won't be lacking for affection and attention - which is some comfort I am sure.
Ziggypop

Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:02 pm

[quote="BornToWin"]Does anyone know if there was a necropsy done? And if the foal had any white markings other than his blaze?[/quote

I was thinking the same thing.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:12 pm

Carole, I can't answer for other posters, but when I insert ... , it's meant to represent a break in my 'conversation.' A 'breath,' if you will.
Native Diver

Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:36 am

I am so heartsick at the loss of Zenyatta's foal. Such a loss and a terrible bad piece of raw luck. Also sorry at the descriptions of Ann Moss as being a "fruit loop". According to whose standards? Because she is not a cookie cutter horse owner and she doesn't fit your mindset? Please. Can this board not ONE time limit itself to compassion without being critical on an owner that by any standards adores her mare? Rest in peace, little Zenyatta x War Front Prince. So tragic enough as it is without trying to drag things down further.
luvsgeldings

Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:39 am

native diver.... well said - I agree!
Flanders

Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:54 pm

She said she was weird. That isn't being disrespectful or bringing the thread down. What owner wants a mare to foal late so they can come on vacation and see their mare foal when the weather is nice? That is freaking weird. No where did anyone say Ann doesn't care for Zenyatta. There was nothing negative in the comment. Being weird isn't a bad thing.
Somnambulist

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:15 pm

Native Diver wrote:I am so heartsick at the loss of Zenyatta's foal. Such a loss and a terrible bad piece of raw luck. Also sorry at the descriptions of Ann Moss as being a "fruit loop". According to whose standards? Because she is not a cookie cutter horse owner and she doesn't fit your mindset? Please. Can this board not ONE time limit itself to compassion without being critical on an owner that by any standards adores her mare? Rest in peace, little Zenyatta x War Front Prince. So tragic enough as it is without trying to drag things down further.
It is sad. Her kid didn't die, though. Chill out.
Catalina

Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:33 pm

Flanders wrote:She said she was weird. That isn't being disrespectful or bringing the thread down. What owner wants a mare to foal late so they can come on vacation and see their mare foal when the weather is nice? That is freaking weird. No where did anyone say Ann doesn't care for Zenyatta. There was nothing negative in the comment. Being weird isn't a bad thing.
Being weird isn't viewed as a good thing, which makes it a negative comment.
Flanders

Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:41 pm

Catalina wrote:
Flanders wrote:She said she was weird. That isn't being disrespectful or bringing the thread down. What owner wants a mare to foal late so they can come on vacation and see their mare foal when the weather is nice? That is freaking weird. No where did anyone say Ann doesn't care for Zenyatta. There was nothing negative in the comment. Being weird isn't a bad thing.
Being weird isn't viewed as a good thing, which makes it a negative comment.
I don't view being weird as a negative thing. If people weren't weird, the world would be a very boring place.
carole

Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Let's face it, all of us are at least a little bit weird in our own ways, nothing wrong with that at all!
Summer Bird

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:03 pm

That's exactly what I meant as well. Ann may be weird from what I've heard, but it's not a bad thing! She's a really nice person too from what I'm told as well. People need to chill out.
Catalina

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:51 pm

Summer Bird wrote:That's exactly what I meant as well. Ann may be weird from what I've heard, but it's not a bad thing! She's a really nice person too from what I'm told as well. People need to chill out.
Does that mean all you proponents of "fruitloop = a little weird" then wouldn't mind if we started to refer to you all as fruit loops?

Didn't think so... I guess it's not quite so positive and endearing or whatever after all, when it's applied to you.
Flanders

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:09 pm

Catalina wrote:
Summer Bird wrote:That's exactly what I meant as well. Ann may be weird from what I've heard, but it's not a bad thing! She's a really nice person too from what I'm told as well. People need to chill out.
Does that mean all you proponents of "fruitloop = a little weird" then wouldn't mind if we started to refer to you all as fruit loops?

Didn't think so... I guess it's not quite so positive and endearing or whatever after all, when it's applied to you.
I don't care what other people think, do, or say. I know that is a freaking minority in this world and I don't get offended by stuff. I don't know you and honestly wouldn't give a rat's ass if you called me a fruit loop. Hell if someone I know called my a fruit loop it wouldn't offend me either because I've been called way worse.
firehorse

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:10 pm

Not surprising.
Sparrow Castle

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:13 pm

Probably shouldn't jump into this, but I know a lot of people who get quite "loopy" when it comes to their fur and feathered babies. And many who feel their performance horses are their babies. I didn't take it as an insult towards Ann, who seemed normal and nice the only time I met her. It's very clear how she feels about Zenyatta...doesn't surprise me if she acts a little non-business-like or whatever on the farm.
Mel Mae

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:40 pm

To be fair no one actually knows why they want the mare bred late. The vacation thing was just said by another poster.
Catalina

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:47 pm

Flanders wrote:
Catalina wrote:

I don't care what other people think, do, or say. I know that is a freaking minority in this world and I don't get offended by stuff. I don't know you and honestly wouldn't give a rat's ass if you called me a fruit loop. Hell if someone I know called my a fruit loop it wouldn't offend me either because I've been called way worse.
Fair enough... :lol: But that does make you rather the exception in this human zoo we live in.