Zenyatta News

Admin

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:51 am

CoronadosQuest wrote:Im going to assume she was euthanized at the equine hospital/clinic where she was taken to try and be saved? When a horse gets euthanized there, do they get the option to take the body somewhere else for it to be buried? I've never owned a horse so Im not sure how equine hospitals like that work when they lose a patient.
Sure, you can take the body or have it cremated, or you can leave it to them to dispose of her. I think some laws may be in place now about burying the bodies so am guessing she was cremated and buried at Ashford.
"This is how we roll in the Shire." -- Leonard
amfuller

Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:47 pm

on a brighter note. Coz and Ziconic meet.
Brothers First Meet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqeSW78WH4s#t=79
The Boys of Belmont 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf-B9JMKnn0#t=14
amfuller
serenassong

Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:00 pm

amfuller wrote:on a brighter note. Coz and Ziconic meet.
Brothers First Meet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqeSW78WH4s#t=79
The Boys of Belmont 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf-B9JMKnn0#t=14
Ziconic is so funny! Dances like Momma, and is a helper horse *grabs towel from groom*

Would love to see them work in company with one another.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:32 pm

One of those videos did show them galloping on the track next to each other...and it looks like Coz is easily 6" taller than his little brother. I hope Ziconic still has some growing up to do.
Looked like Ziconic did NOT like having that big horse standing behind him...ears were back and his expression was pretty suspicious. I do think Z is more playful than aggressive...there's something about the look in Coz's eyes that makes me never want to get any part of my body within reach of his teeth.
serenassong

Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:57 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:One of those videos did show them galloping on the track next to each other...and it looks like Coz is easily 6" taller than his little brother. I hope Ziconic still has some growing up to do.
Looked like Ziconic did NOT like having that big horse standing behind him...ears were back and his expression was pretty suspicious. I do think Z is more playful than aggressive...there's something about the look in Coz's eyes that makes me never want to get any part of my body within reach of his teeth.
Opps, going to have to watch that again-
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
LostADream

Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:15 pm

That wasn't Coz galloping with him, it was another workmate. Coz is a very dark bay, with a smaller star. He galloped solo later in the video.

Here's the link at Zenyatta.com with all the pics and videos:

http://www.zenyatta.com/news/at-belmont ... attas-boys
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:31 pm

Oops...saw a big, dark brown horse who was clearly from the same stable, and assumed the the two bros had been sent out for an easy gallop together...for the cameras, y'know. :P ;)
amfuller

Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:02 pm

You can see Zenyatta in Coz. Ziconic, did Zenyatta contribute anything besides giving birth to him? :lol: All I see is Tapit.
amfuller
EquineAnne

Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:40 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:One of those videos did show them galloping on the track next to each other...and it looks like Coz is easily 6" taller than his little brother. I hope Ziconic still has some growing up to do.
really, why do you say that? when he was little he appeared to be goofy as all hell.
EquineAnne

Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:59 pm

I rewatched the video. What do you see in his eyes?
amfuller

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:03 pm

amfuller wrote:You can see Zenyatta in Coz. Ziconic, did Zenyatta contribute anything besides giving birth to him? :lol: All I see is Tapit.

ok I take it back. These pics from NYRA, I've seen the Zenyatta in him. She taught him some moves. https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 ... 0&refid=13
amfuller
EquineAnne

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:08 pm

amfuller wrote:
amfuller wrote:You can see Zenyatta in Coz. Ziconic, did Zenyatta contribute anything besides giving birth to him? :lol: All I see is Tapit.

ok I take it back. These pics from NYRA, I've seen the Zenyatta in him. She taught him some moves. https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 ... 0&refid=13
If she taught him half of her moves he'll be wonderful! Throw in some Tapit and wow.
Squeaky

Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Due to foal soon..wonder if it will be a filly or colt, and who she will be bred to this year?
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:27 pm

She's gone to Bernardini (meh), Tapit (verdict still out), and War Front (a filly who looked fabulous :( ).
If this new foal looks as good as Z Princess did, maybe they'll return to War Front? Or would she match well with American Pharoah? Pretty sure Coolmore would make room in his schedule for Zen. ;)
carole

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:06 pm

Well the Zenyatta page on Instagram posted a photo of Zen 15 minutes ago with the caption:
It Begins! #ZenyattaFoalWatch

So good timing to revive this thread! I wonder how close she is then!
mariasmon

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:43 pm

They really should give Giant's Causeway a shot while they still have the chance. He's not getting any younger.
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:28 pm

They've stayed with either an A.P. Indy-line or the Danzig stallion, War Front. I wonder if they feel she isn't a good match for the Storm Cat line?
mariasmon

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:07 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:They've stayed with either an A.P. Indy-line or the Danzig stallion, War Front. I wonder if they feel she isn't a good match for the Storm Cat line?
I think it's hard to argue with the fact that Shamardal resulted from Giant's Causeway with a full sister to Street Cry. Lope de Vega is by Shamardal from a Machiavellian-line mare. Lucida and Living the Life are a couple of others bred on the cross. They're silly not to try it, IMHO. Medaglia d'Oro wouldn't be a bad option, either.
Last edited by mariasmon on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:19 am

I didn't know about Shamardal's breeding...thanks for the info.
And now I'M rooting for her to visit GC. :D
mariasmon

Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:22 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I didn't know about Shamardal's breeding...thanks for the info.
And now I'M rooting for her to visit GC. :D
Welcome to my bandwagon!