horses with unique coloring/facial markings

BlindLucky

Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:39 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Perhaps contacting the media (TMZ?) about this, with photos of the neglected horse...that "starred" in one of its movies...would put pressure on a company that relies on presenting "the Happiest Place On Earth" as its corporate identity?
The only time she mentions Disney in her Go Fund Me thing is to say that they used him to film The Lone Ranger. She never even mentions asking them for help, or even notifying them that she has the horse. They may not be ignoring her, they may not even need pressure, they may just need to be informed about it. Hate to see a company dragged through the mud if they don't know a problem exists.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Treve

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:49 pm

I don't know, Blazing Color Farms were the ones to post the link on their facebook page and from what I understand from the thread of conversation the horse was in Disney's ownership when it got into this neglected state. Also a few people have witness accounts with not very good things to say about Disney's records with their animal actors post-production. But it's true it is unclear.

Personally I think you'd have much better luck getting in touch with one of the actors, I know Johnny Depp loves horses (even bought one for his financé/wife while they were still dating) and he might be easily more interested in helping, especially since PR folks love it when celebs do philantropic gestures like that. Wouldn't be out of his realm and considering he's easily the most overpaid actor in hollywood, 10k would be like small change to him. Helps that he has a personal connection to the horse. Too bad Viggo Mortensen wasn't on this movie he is notorious for taking care of equine actors post-film.

Oh wait oh my goodness I just realised my mother's ex is the head of disney animation I have no idea if they have any real connection via their live action studios but it's worth a try... she's out tonight damnit but I'll ask her about it when she comes home.

ETA: I went back to the thread it seems Disney had sold the horse and THAT person was responsible for the neglect.
https://www.facebook.com/Blazing-Colour ... 8/?fref=nf

Here's the thread it sounds like the breeder has been spreading the message and trying to contact Ellen amongst others, so reaching out to Disney is a good idea too. Let's get this boy cared for! Breeder also says she's in touch with the owners of Cloud Ten, the other white tb she sold and that Cloud Ten is doing well. I have to applaud her for trying to keep track of her babies and obviously caring about their fate.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
BlindLucky

Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:20 pm

I'm sure that one of the actors would step up if they knew what was going on, because I'm incredibly disappointed in Disney's official stance (their reply to my email is below). Apparently it should be renamed the Disney Citizenship As Long As It's Tax Deductible Organization:
Hi there,

Regretfully, The Walt Disney Company is unable to assist with Go Fund Me campaigns. We are only permitted to make donations to federally-licensed charitable agencies. We're hoping for the best for Parrot all the same.

We appreciate your concern, as it shows great character, and if there is anything else we can help with, let us know.

Sincerely,

Disney Citizenship
www.thewaltdisneycompany.com
CoronadosQuest

Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:41 pm

I am sure there is some legal reasons behind their inability to help out with Go Fund Me pages. I doubt it is because they want the horse to suffer or anything along those lines. There are a lot of people/accountants/legalities large corporations have to go through. They can't just say 'Here, have $10,000!'. Has anybody reached out to the animal shelters/horse rescues in their area to see if they have any ability to help out? I know that some animal rescues in my area have grants that people can apply for to help for veterinarian costs.
BlindLucky

Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:51 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote:I am sure there is some legal reasons behind their inability to help out with Go Fund Me pages. I doubt it is because they want the horse to suffer or anything along those lines. There are a lot of people/accountants/legalities large corporations have to go through. They can't just say 'Here, have $10,000!'. Has anybody reached out to the animal shelters/horse rescues in their area to see if they have any ability to help out? I know that some animal rescues in my area have grants that people can apply for to help for veterinarian costs.
Of course they don't want the horse to suffer, and of course they have legal rules to follow, but it's sad just the same that an animal they purchased for use in a high-profile movie in such an iconic role as Silver, that didn't exactly have a soft landing after the movie and was subsequently injured, is ineligible for a dime from Disney because his current owner isn't a non-profit.
Sparrow Castle

Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:35 pm

Delta Downs Racing
The dual registered Thoroughbred/Paint horse Painting the Sky breaks her maiden in race 6 tonight. Beautiful!

3 year old filly, Yankee Gentleman - Lone Star Quest, by Lone Star Sky
Treve

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:25 am

BlindLucky wrote:
CoronadosQuest wrote:I am sure there is some legal reasons behind their inability to help out with Go Fund Me pages. I doubt it is because they want the horse to suffer or anything along those lines. There are a lot of people/accountants/legalities large corporations have to go through. They can't just say 'Here, have $10,000!'. Has anybody reached out to the animal shelters/horse rescues in their area to see if they have any ability to help out? I know that some animal rescues in my area have grants that people can apply for to help for veterinarian costs.
Of course they don't want the horse to suffer, and of course they have legal rules to follow, but it's sad just the same that an animal they purchased for use in a high-profile movie in such an iconic role as Silver, that didn't exactly have a soft landing after the movie and was subsequently injured, is ineligible for a dime from Disney because his current owner isn't a non-profit.
Seems like the only hope now is either for someone to volunteer funds privately, separate from 'Disney' as an entity... or manage to bring the actors' attention to it. I wonder if Ellen's people will also get the message. Her wife is pretty passionate about horses and riding (she even got the Hanoverian Verbrand tattooed on her wrist because her Hunter is a Hanoverian), so I am assuming they'd likely help or at least shed some light on it.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Treve

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:26 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:Delta Downs Racing
The dual registered Thoroughbred/Paint horse Painting the Sky breaks her maiden in race 6 tonight. Beautiful!

3 year old filly, Yankee Gentleman - Lone Star Quest, by Lone Star Sky
that pattern expression is wild.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

BlindLucky

Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:02 am

Treve wrote:Seems like the only hope now is either for someone to volunteer funds privately, separate from 'Disney' as an entity... or manage to bring the actors' attention to it. I wonder if Ellen's people will also get the message. Her wife is pretty passionate about horses and riding (she even got the Hanoverian Verbrand tattooed on her wrist because her Hunter is a Hanoverian), so I am assuming they'd likely help or at least shed some light on it.
I talked to Ray Paulick, he's going to try to get one of his staff to do a follow-up since they posted an article on the original story a few years ago when the horses were used in the movie. If nothing else, that should bring some attention to her funding effort and maybe help out a bit.
Sparrow Castle

Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:02 pm

BlindLucky wrote:
Treve wrote:Seems like the only hope now is either for someone to volunteer funds privately, separate from 'Disney' as an entity... or manage to bring the actors' attention to it. I wonder if Ellen's people will also get the message. Her wife is pretty passionate about horses and riding (she even got the Hanoverian Verbrand tattooed on her wrist because her Hunter is a Hanoverian), so I am assuming they'd likely help or at least shed some light on it.
I talked to Ray Paulick, he's going to try to get one of his staff to do a follow-up since they posted an article on the original story a few years ago when the horses were used in the movie. If nothing else, that should bring some attention to her funding effort and maybe help out a bit.
Good job!!! Here's the article.
THOROUGHBRED MOVIE STAR PARROT RECOVERING FROM ‘SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS’
http://www.paulickreport.com/horse-care ... 8.facebook
BlindLucky

Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:33 pm

Yeah, I heard from Chelsea, who ended up writing it. I think she did a good job of explaining what's going on and hopefully drawing some attention to it. She filled in a few details, too.
TBird

Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:20 am

Here is the story on the Paulick Report. It's quite a bit different than the version that's circulating around the internet which is basically "Disney dumped this horse and now he's suffering".

http://www.paulickreport.com/horse-care ... te-events/
dustino140

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:34 pm

Wait, are you guys saying the people who jumped to blame Disney (or is it Disney) were a little off their rocker?
Sparrow Castle

Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:29 pm

Emma Berry ‏@collingsberry
A son of Dubawi wins G1 HH Emir's Trophy for 3rd year running as The Blue Eye strikes in Qatar for Jassim Al Ghazali

Emma Berry ‏@collingsberry
And when you see The Blue Eye from the other side, it's easy to see how he got his name. Lovely horse, very genuine.

100 individual Stakes winners for Dubawi
http://www.darleyeurope.com/news/100-in ... ers-dubawi
Le Beau Bai

Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:14 pm

Russe Blanc (FR) is a registered as white and he competes in jump racing - he recently won a Grade 3 chase at Warwick.

Here he is enjoying turnout time with his fellow stable mate Grey Gold (from his trainer's twitter) - https://twitter.com/beaubai/status/693863165067685888

Katewerk

Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:43 pm

White colt (2013) Painted Patchen was third in debut at Penn National today.

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Result ... registry=T
lurkey mclurker

Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:53 am

HochiJP horse racing @Hochi_horse_en
Buchiko won the Kazusa stakes at Nakayama easily under Christophe Lemaire. 4th wins. Move up into open class of JRA.
https://twitter.com/Hochi_horse_en/stat ... 3749581824

lurkey mclurker

Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:55 am

The paddock pics are amazing... the crowds, wow.

https://twitter.com/keiba1422/status/706357834254909440

ETA the replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvlUhT_Q0-4
Sparrow Castle

Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:34 pm

Two in a row for this one.

Delta Downs Racing‏@deltaracing
Dual registered TB/Paint, Painting the Sky wins her second race of the meet tonight at DD! (Coady Photo)
Sparrow Castle

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:27 am

Sparrow Castle wrote:Two in a row for this one.

Delta Downs Racing‏@deltaracing
Dual registered TB/Paint, Painting the Sky wins her second race of the meet tonight at DD! (Coady Photo)
New picture.
David Crisp‏@SouthernLegacy
Better picture of Painting The Sky, most unusual thoroughbred/paint you may ever see. And she won race 6 at Delta!