Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

Life At Zen

Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:55 pm

bare it all wrote:
Catalina wrote:
Life At Zen wrote:For all those still wondering: per the new LA Times article on Zenyatta, her filly died after another weanling crashed into her during play and broke her back.
That's so terribly sad. I admit I did wonder just what had happened, but that never occurred to me in my wildest dreams, nightmares.
Christ. Imagine having to make that phone call to the the owners. Really about any yearling and not just that one.
The really sad part is she was transported to the clinic, so it wasn't an instant death.
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:41 pm

Off the Tracks (Curlin x Harve de Grace) just won the Margate Handicap for 3yo fillies at Gulfstream.
Yeah, I got excited when TVG said 'daughter of Havre de Grace,' but this was HaRVE, not HaVRE. :lol:
Curtis

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:12 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Off the Tracks (Curlin x Harve de Grace) just won the Margate Handicap for 3yo fillies at Gulfstream.
Yeah, I got excited when TVG said 'daughter of Havre de Grace,' but this was HaRVE, not HaVRE. :lol:
I'm pretty sure that Kurt Hoover thought it was HaVRE though unless he is a big fan of a Boston Harbor mare that earned about 24k.
mariasmon

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:14 pm

Curtis wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Off the Tracks (Curlin x Harve de Grace) just won the Margate Handicap for 3yo fillies at Gulfstream.
I'm pretty sure that Kurt Hoover thought it was HaVRE though unless he is a big fan of a Boston Harbor mare that earned about 24k.
Harve de Grace is the dam of Concord Point.
Catalina

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Life At Zen wrote:
bare it all wrote:
Christ. Imagine having to make that phone call to the the owners. Really about any yearling and not just that one.
The really sad part is she was transported to the clinic, so it wasn't an instant death.
Transporting her to the clinic was, IMO, an absolute necessity. You might get similar symptoms from a pinched nerve, which would have been treatable. Or, from a concussion.
Last edited by Catalina on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:02 pm

So she may not have been a world-beater on the track, but it looks like Harve d G is proving to be a very nice broodmare.
ThreeMustangs

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:12 pm

Catalina wrote:
Life At Zen wrote:
bare it all wrote:
Transporting her to the clinic was, IMO, an absolute necessity. You might get similar symptoms from a pinched nerve, which would have been treatable. Or, from a concussion.
Would it have been an insurance requirement as well?
Catalina

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:13 pm

Didn't think of that, but I imagine so.
Curtis

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:13 pm

mariasmon wrote:
Curtis wrote:
Harve de Grace is the dam of Concord Point.
Yes she is but I'd bet that wasn't the reason he pointed it out.
Life At Zen

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:18 pm

Catalina wrote:
Life At Zen wrote:
bare it all wrote:
Oh I know. And they were probably hoping even if it was fractured maybe surgery could save her. I just meant she didn't die right away, like Caixa Eletronica (although his was a head injury), so it wasn't just a phone call to say she passed. There were a few hours of thin shreds of hope.
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Starine

Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:07 pm

Cassatt looks to make impression on turf
http://www.drf.com/news/cassatt-looks-m ... ssion-turf

Cassatt is by Tapit and out of a half-sister to Dreaming of Anna and Lewis Michael (and the same family as Kitten's Joy and Down the Aisle).

Also:
On Saturday at Tampa Bay, Aquaphobia rallied four wide from ninth place under Daniel Centeno to win by one length. Aquaphobia ($18.60), a son of Giant’s Causeway who was bred by the Jacksons, finished the one-mile race in 1:36.99.

http://www.drf.com/news/premium/tampa-b ... er-weekend
Aquaphobia is out of Pussycat Doll.
Diver52

Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 pm

I don't think it was mentioned, but Cupid (Tapit x Pretty n Smart) broke through big in his third start, routing, at SA on Feb 7 (I think). Half to Heart Ashley, Ashley's Kitten, and Indianapolis, who is now in Meydan.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Sparrow Castle

Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Union Jackson aka Chili (Curlin x Hot Dixie Chick) won an Allowance Optional Claiming race at Oaklawn today making him 5 - 3-1-0 lifetime.
Sparrow Castle

Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:39 pm

Dad finished 4th beaten by 6 1/4 lengths, on February 26, 2016, at SUNLAND PARK in Race 9. Off odds: 7.20
Your comments for this horse were: Malibu Moon - Peppers Pride, by Desert God
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 16USA9.pdf
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:16 pm

Faufiler (IRE) (Galileo x Six Perfections) just took the 1-mile Sand Springs Stakes at Gulfstream with a blazing run from the rear of the field to overtake a couple of good fillies in Partisan Politics and Celestine. Graded stakes next for her, I suspect.
Somnambulist

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:16 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Faufiler (IRE) (Galileo x Six Perfections) just took the 1-mile Sand Springs Stakes at Gulfstream with a blazing run from the rear of the field to overtake a couple of good fillies in Partisan Politics and Celestine. Graded stakes next for her, I suspect.
She looked super energetic post-race, too.
Izvestia

Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:37 pm

Atlantic Ocean's colt Converge won the Palm Beach.
Starine

Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:38 pm

Izvestia wrote:Atlantic Ocean's colt Converge won the Palm Beach.
Was that the really huge filly that Baffert trained who won stakes on dirt and turf?
Honor Code

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:18 pm

Leslie's Harmony, (Curlin x Leslie's Lady) ran third in her debut at Gulfstream. She's entered in a 1 1/8 turf race on Sunday at Gulfstream Park, race 9
Catalina

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:25 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Faufiler (IRE) (Galileo x Six Perfections) just took the 1-mile Sand Springs Stakes at Gulfstream with a blazing run from the rear of the field to overtake a couple of good fillies in Partisan Politics and Celestine. Graded stakes next for her, I suspect.
Nice come-back win for Edgar Prado.