Keenland November

mariasmon

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:23 pm

bare it all wrote:I'm so glad Mandy got Dolly. What a lovely broodmare band she's managed to put together. What exactly is her background? Where did she come across all the cash she's shelling out?
Discount stores: http://www.vwstores.com/
Ziggypop

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:40 pm

mariasmon wrote:
bare it all wrote:I'm so glad Mandy got Dolly. What a lovely broodmare band she's managed to put together. What exactly is her background? Where did she come across all the cash she's shelling out?
Discount stores: http://www.vwstores.com/
If she had to go, I am also pleased Ms. Pope was the winner and she is buying lovely, lovely mares.
second_glance

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:29 am

FWIW, the underbidders on Groupie Doll were Town and Country and Denali Stud.
RuffiantoRags

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:59 am

I just CRINGE every time I see a young 3 yr old already in foal. They are just so immature to me to be having to reproduce at such a young age. I even saw a 2yr old already in foal on Wed. How does everyone else feel about this?
Retrospectiv

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:25 pm

RuffiantoRags wrote:I just CRINGE every time I see a young 3 yr old already in foal. They are just so immature to me to be having to reproduce at such a young age. I even saw a 2yr old already in foal on Wed. How does everyone else feel about this?
Personally, I'm not a fan and would never ever breed a 2yr old. But, biology doesn't look at morals and feelings and we can't forget, it's a business, even if it's a greedy one at times.

Some mares are more mature physically and mentally than others at a young age and handle being bred and in foal at 2 just fine. More often, it's the mental part I'd worry about in a mare bred so young. They may seem fine physically but may just not have the maturity to deal with a foal as a young 3yr old.

If a vet deems a filly breeding sound, there's nothing to stop them being bred at 2. I wouldn't do it as I find it greedy and impatient, not giving a filly at least another year to mature. I often wonder just how unsound these fillies are that they make that decision to breed them in the spring of their 2yr old years. You'd like to see some attempt to get them to the track and if they couldn't manage it by 3, so be it. Again, it's not my money, my board costs, my investment..... Had I money like Mandy Pope, for example though, I'd be inclined to give a filly another year and see if I couldn't get some starts out of her and then put her in the shed. I just hate seeing babies in foal...
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
amfuller

Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:19 am

New Owner to Run Groupie Doll in Cigar Mile!!!

By Jack Shinar

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... z2k98MCmQR
amfuller
halo

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:12 pm

Re breeding a 2 year old, you have to understand that the foal does most of its growing the last 3 months, so by that time the filly/mare is nearly 3 years of age, if not 3 years old by then, so it really doesnt interfere with a young mare. Im not sure Id do it myself, but Ive seen probably 10 fillies that were bred at 2 and foaled at 3, and the mare and foal were perfectly fine and normal.
serenassong

Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Symmetrical an unraced granddaughter of Serena's Song goes for $90k- to BBA Ireland- so looks like this one is leaving the country. What a beautiful horse she was, originally sold to Adena Springs FT Oct 2011 for $210K- sold as broodmare prospect.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Flanders

Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:48 am

K.O.I.D. (organization who buys for various South Koreans) has picked up 26 mares so far. I wonder if some of these purchases have future dates with Hansen?
Bankellie (Arch - Comedy Year)
Bluegrass Moves (Bluegrass Cat - Smooth Maneuvers)
Demilicious (Langfuhr - Hot Pillow)
Feel What's Real (Dynaformer - Gold Gilded)
Five Gold Rings (Touch Gold - Bally Five)
Golden Girl Sure (Bold Executive - Mad 'bout You)
Greeley Mae (Mr. Greeley - Tricki Mae)
Jazzmane (Toccet - Alljazz)
Kneeling's Pride (Houston - Kneeling)
Laughing Charge (Distorted Humor - Onda Nova)
Makin Heat (Makin - Warmedbythesun)
Matchless Moment (Cherokee Run - Swazi's Moment)
Mayomast (Mizzen Mast - Seeking The Blue)
Mountain Dawn (Mountain Cat - Early Blaze)
Proclaim (Pulpit - Stormy Reply)
Proper Night (Forest Wildcat - Proper Cielo)
Raffie's Rose (Raffie's Majest - Otti)
Rose A Native (Dixieland Band - Long Stemmed Rose)
Saywaan (Fusaichi Pegasus - Sharp Cat)
Screwey (Easing Along - Mullen Road)
Soft Science (Not For Love - Tookin Down)
Svea Dahl (Honor Grades - Present Colors)
Uncork (Unbridled - Lovat's Lady)
Unsurpassed (Unbridled - Squan Song)
Vying Ty Grr (Regal Intention - Vying Princess)
With A Passion (Honour and Glory - Southern Tradition)
amfuller

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:18 am

Here's a very up close video of the $800,000 War Front colt out of Treasure Trail(1/2 to Zenyatta). What do the experts think? I just think he's a cutie and love his little whinny towards the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1SSmKtHoQ#t=37

Different angle. Conformation shot. He's a feisty fellow. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnSKklGyxqg
Last edited by amfuller on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
amfuller
amfuller

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:21 am

amfuller
amfuller

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:31 am

amfuller
Acadiana

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:16 pm

Anyone know where Doubles Partner is heading? He went to Gasper Bloodstock for $90,000.
Indy

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Rightfully So (AP Indy X Society Selection) sold for 45,000 to Mo Rachid
EquineAnne

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:57 pm

amfuller wrote:Eblouissante
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDXbjZenlao
She's prettier than her sis!
islandgirl45

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:00 pm

EquineAnne wrote:
amfuller wrote:Eblouissante
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDXbjZenlao
She's prettier than her sis!
She has a more refined look than Z, I think.
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
~President Dwight Eisenhower
Northport

Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:02 pm

Surprised to see Adena Springs unloading so many at the horses in training sale, including Pyrite Mountain
weeeeeeeee
serenassong

Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Acadiana wrote:Anyone know where Doubles Partner is heading? He went to Gasper Bloodstock for $90,000.

I was wondering that as well- I guess a agent for someone, don't know who they normally buy for.
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
Flanders

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:48 am

serenassong wrote:
Acadiana wrote:Anyone know where Doubles Partner is heading? He went to Gasper Bloodstock for $90,000.

I was wondering that as well- I guess a agent for someone, don't know who they normally buy for.
Well, I'm running into some trouble but Gasper Bloodstock has bought: Katyusha, Olga Prekrasa, Gadalka, and Jakonda. The last three were purchased for Viktor Timoshenko and exported to Europe. But he just seems to buy well breed yearling/weanling fillies. I can't find where Katyusha went, although she was exported too. Maybe a new client? I really only checked a couple years though.
serenassong

Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Flanders wrote:
serenassong wrote:

Well, I'm running into some trouble but Gasper Bloodstock has bought: Katyusha, Olga Prekrasa, Gadalka, and Jakonda. The last three were purchased for Viktor Timoshenko and exported to Europe. But he just seems to buy well breed yearling/weanling fillies. I can't find where Katyusha went, although she was exported too. Maybe a new client? I really only checked a couple years though.

Thanks for checking on that.

I was looking at the results yesterday, and saw a horse that had no bids. That is so sad. Hopefully, will find a good home.