Where did Uncle Frank go?

katmandu

Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:33 pm

I just stumbled across this, was curious if anyone understands the story? here:

Horse for sale by California Chrome, "Uncle Frank". Looks like Zedan bought him....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2WXNz5_5mI

He appears to be out of Aura of the Moon
https://www.pedigreequery.com/uncle+frank7

Yet he shows up here like this :
https://www.horseracing.net/us/horses/uncle-frank
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:40 pm

what are you talking about Uncle Frank is right here
jk Uncle Frank is listed as being owned by Terry Hatch on Equibase.
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
katmandu

Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:18 am

Yes, I saw that above, also. The pedigree.net link shows him as being by Love the Chase out of Lady Joanne, which skips a generation. I thought that was odd. And that he's gone from Zedan to running for $10,000.
CorridorZ75

Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:20 am

He just ran at Delta Downs. Currently 5-2-0-1.
Flanders

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:36 am

I would guess that when he was put into training it became apparent he wasn't going to be stakes quality, so he was sold on before he ever ran. Zedan isn't going to keep a 5k claimer.

As for his pedigree on that betting site, that is what they do there, I randomly typed in another active horse's name to see what it said and its the same, sire's dam and dam's dam. Which is really weird to ONLY include those as the pedigree.

The question I have is, why doesn't the horse have any workouts listed on Equibase? I checked and Delta Downs workouts are recorded on Equibase. Do they not require a recent workout on record before a horse can run? Cause like CorridorZ said, he just ran at Delta a few days ago.
brunanas

Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:23 pm

Flanders wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:36 am I would guess that when he was put into training it became apparent he wasn't going to be stakes quality, so he was sold on before he ever ran. Zedan isn't going to keep a 5k claimer.

As for his pedigree on that betting site, that is what they do there, I randomly typed in another active horse's name to see what it said and its the same, sire's dam and dam's dam. Which is really weird to ONLY include those as the pedigree.

The question I have is, why doesn't the horse have any workouts listed on Equibase? I checked and Delta Downs workouts are recorded on Equibase. Do they not require a recent workout on record before a horse can run? Cause like CorridorZ said, he just ran at Delta a few days ago.
a lot of trainers don't ever breeze their horses. when Charles Town had that crazy amount of deaths i began checking workouts for the daily entries and it was rare to see a "recent" workout
she/her
professional plushie hoarder