Stallion News

Diver52

Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:46 pm

Katewerk wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:14 am
Mylute wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:18 pm Funny Kid (Lemon Drop Kid), a G3W in France, will become a stallion in...Senegal?
https://www.france-sire.com/article-mer ... enegal.php
Hmm. The Guardian finally found a horse race they approve of.

https://tv.guardian.ng/sport/the-growin ... als-youth/
Katewerk, that was fascinating. Thanks for posting.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:57 pm

Our old friend Ocho Ocho Ocho, who bred a handful of mares in the US recently, has publicly entered stud in Peru.
https://www.turfdiario.com/peru-ocho-oc ... san-pablo/
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
PersonalE

Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:50 am

Visited Claiborne yesterday:

- Orb left the farm 2 days ago. Currently in Florida for quarantine.
- Performer is on farm in ‘quarantine’ area. He will likely be placed in Orb’s former stall.
- War of Will is currently their most popular stallion. Booked full with approx 150 mares this season. Super nice stallion.
- Lea & Ironicus aren’t that popular with breeders. Ironicus only had 9ish mares this season. Hoping that Helium will breathe life into him.
Northport

Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:36 am

PersonalE wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:50 am Visited Claiborne yesterday:

- Performer is on farm in ‘quarantine’ area. He will likely be placed in Orb’s former stall.
- War of Will is currently their most popular stallion. Booked full with approx 150 mares this season. Super nice stallion.
- Lea & Ironicus aren’t that popular with breeders. Ironicus only had 9ish mares this season. Hoping that Helium will breathe life into him.
Any word on Runhappy's book size? He is slowly building momentum as a sire.... very slowly.... but I can't imagine he's fully living up to expectations at the moment.
weeeeeeeee
flytpthestars

Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:36 am

Northport wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:36 am

Any word on Runhappy's book size? He is slowly building momentum as a sire.... very slowly.... but I can't imagine he's fully living up to expectations at the moment.

Noticed that Claiborne/Janney homebred stallions arent popular lately. Examples include Data Link and Parading
PersonalE

Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:12 pm

They said Runhappy’s book is about 120 this season. His stud fee was decreased from $25 to $20k to help with the #s. They were disappointed that his babies didn’t run well in 2020 but think that it’s picking up with several winners recently.
PersonalE

Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:13 pm

flytpthestars wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:36 am

Noticed that Claiborne/Janney homebred stallions arent popular lately. Examples include Data Link and Parading
Yeah & now the inclusion of Performer 🙄
The Phipps stallions haven’t been successful in recent times.
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:21 pm

War of Will <3 I hope he throws a lot of flash
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
PersonalE

Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:26 pm

Mylute wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:21 pm War of Will <3 I hope he throws a lot of flash
I hope so too!
Claiborne said there was more demand than availability this season. He’s breeding 3x a day & lays down in his stall, inbetween, to rest. Lol

He does have bad feet. Front feet are still in shoes. His back feet are in some rubber booties.
Summer Bird

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:11 pm

Mylute wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:21 pm War of Will <3 I hope he throws a lot of flash
My favorite mare on the farm is in foal to him and I’m so excited! She doesn’t like to throw much flash though.
Slewfan2

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:17 pm

How about Flatter? He’s incredibly underrated....I’m so thrilled he’s been such a success as I loved him as a racehorse
PersonalE

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:23 pm

Slewfan2 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:17 pm

How about Flatter? He’s incredibly underrated....I’m so thrilled he’s been such a success as I loved him as a racehorse

Flatter is doing well. They say that he has ‘definitely earned his place in the barn.’ He’s the oldest breeding stallion on the farm & starting to get arthritis in his hind legs so they restricted his books to 80ish. He’s got 2 runners in the Oaks (Search Party & Pass the Champagne) so they’re excited & will be rooting for them.
PersonalE

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:31 pm

Info Lanes End visit:

- City of Light was incredibly well received & was the 1st stallion to be booked full this season.
- Mr Speaker isn’t very popular & only got handful of mares
- Quality Road had his R foreleg bandaged up & wasn’t being shown. Guide said that it’s just over precaution & that it isn’t serious.
- Catalina Cruiser, Honor AP & Game Winner were being shown to breeders & I wasn’t able to see them.
- Daredevil was well & munching in his stall. He has been incredibly popular since back & is booked full.
- Honor Code has been slow in stallion development so they’re trying to be patient. But hopes that he throws more ‘Big Horse’ soon.
- they said their ‘nicest’ stallion was Noble Mission, who has now moved on to Japan.
Slewfan2

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:37 pm

PersonalE wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:23 pm

Flatter is doing well. They say that he has ‘definitely earned his place in the barn.’ He’s the oldest breeding stallion on the farm & starting to get arthritis in his hind legs so they restricted his books to 80ish. He’s got 2 runners in the Oaks (Search Party & Pass the Champagne) so they’re excited & will be rooting for them.
Thank you!!!

Wow, Flatter has been around for a long time .....aww, poor baby. Good idea about reducing his book...I do hope he hits with a sire son soon, but he could be a very good broodmare sire
Slewfan2

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:39 pm

PersonalE wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:31 pm Info Lanes End visit:

- City of Light was incredibly well received & was the 1st stallion to be booked full this season.
- Mr Speaker isn’t very popular & only got handful of mares
- Quality Road had his R foreleg bandaged up & wasn’t being shown. Guide said that it’s just over precaution & that it isn’t serious.
- Catalina Cruiser, Honor AP & Game Winner were being shown to breeders & I wasn’t able to see them.
- Daredevil was well & munching in his stall. He has been incredibly popular since back & is booked full.
- Honor Code has been slow in stallion development so they’re trying to be patient. But hopes that he throws more ‘Big Horse’ soon.
- they said their ‘nicest’ stallion was Noble Mission, who has now moved on to Japan.
Thank you!!!

I was afraid to ask about Honor Code...he’s got some very talented horses this year, but a couple of his best have had setbacks. A horse I think could be his big horse, who I love, runs on Friday - Creed.
PersonalE

Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:01 pm

Slewfan2 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:37 pm

Thank you!!!

Wow, Flatter has been around for a long time .....aww, poor baby. Good idea about reducing his book...I do hope he hits with a sire son soon, but he could be a very good broodmare sire

I’m a Flatter fan too!
Kinda surprising how initially his full brother Congrats seemed to be hot but Flatter keeps churning them out. I think Upstart is a Flatter son that is doing well so far.
Slewfan2

Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:11 pm

PersonalE wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:01 pm
Slewfan2 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:37 pm

Thank you!!!

I’m a Flatter fan too!
Kinda surprising how initially his full brother Congrats seemed to be hot but Flatter keeps churning them out. I think Upstart is a Flatter son that is doing well so far.

I love Congrats also !

Upstart is doing ok, I think - nothing special, but it’s soo early in his career and therefore impossible to judge him..
Ridan_Remembered

Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:47 pm

California Chrome had three winners today, first time in his young stallion career he's had three winners in one day. One was at Tampa Bay, another at Thistledown and the third in Chile. The colt in Chile is named Hotel California. It was his debut and he won by 19 1/4 lengths. There are now three Chrome colts in Chile who have dominated their debut races. In addition to Hotel California, the other two colts are named Incredible and Ocean Chrome.
tachyon

Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:38 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:47 pm California Chrome had three winners today, first time in his young stallion career he's had three winners in one day. One was at Tampa Bay, another at Thistledown and the third in Chile. The colt in Chile is named Hotel California. It was his debut and he won by 19 1/4 lengths. There are now three Chrome colts in Chile who have dominated their debut races. In addition to Hotel California, the other two colts are named Incredible and Ocean Chrome.
Wow!
I've just seen the replay of the Chilean colt who has the great name.
Welcome to the Hotel California!!
That's one of my favorite songs of all-time, too.
Mylute

Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:37 am

Summer Bird wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:11 pm
My favorite mare on the farm is in foal to him and I’m so excited! She doesn’t like to throw much flash though.
maybe dad will fix that