2024 Fees

brunanas

Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:53 pm

Early voting is physically fine but no longer able to breed
https://twitter.com/MachmerHall/status/ ... 5zxhw&s=19

i hope he finds a soft landing (aka, not going back into training) if they can't fix this.
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
Flanders

Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:58 pm

brunanas wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:53 pm Early voting is physically fine but no longer able to breed

i hope he finds a soft landing (aka, not going back into training) if they can't fix this.
I know they said he is fine but its either his fertility and somehow that didn't come out or something had to have happened? How can a 4yo no longer be able to breed? He has almost 20 mares listed in foal in the Keeneland November sale, with cover dates from February through mid-May.
Last edited by Flanders on Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brunanas

Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:02 pm

Flanders wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:58 pm
brunanas wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:53 pm Early voting is physically fine but no longer able to breed

I know they said he is fine but its either his fertility and somehow that didn't come out or something had to have happened? How can a 4yo no longer be able to breed? He has almost 20 mares listed in foal in the Keeneland November sale...
heard he suddenly stopped being able to finish. another tweet by Carrie Brogden says he is "reproductively unable to cover mares" (?). i wish there was more transparency — i get this is a huge blow but hearing from Coolmore (since it seems he didn't even breed through the whole season) would stop possible rumors from flying, yk? a lot of people are asking Coolmore on Twitter. it's not like we'd see a promising 5yo suddenly out of a roster, not show up anywhere else, and be like "naaaah that sounds perfectly normal".
she/her
Flanders

Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:06 pm

Maybe he just couldn't handle the 200+ mares they were trying to send to him? Spread them out more...unless he got sent a dirty mare and now he has some horse STD and they can't breed him anymore. I had added on to my last comment but he has mares bred in the sale until mid-May. So I guess he couldn't go past then? He didn't have any in the Fasig Tipton sale.

If he has 150+ mares bred when the RMB comes out and they retired him cause he didn't want to breed anymore that is fucking disgusting.
Last edited by Flanders on Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Palace Malice

Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:08 pm

brunanas wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:02 pm

I know they said he is fine but its either his fertility and somehow that didn't come out or something had to have happened? How can a 4yo no longer be able to breed? He has almost 20 mares listed in foal in the Keeneland November sale...
heard he suddenly stopped being able to finish. another tweet by Carrie Brogden says he is "reproductively unable to cover mares" (?). i wish there was more transparency — i get this is a huge blow but hearing from Coolmore (since it seems he didn't even breed through the whole season) would stop possible rumors from flying, yk? a lot of people are asking Coolmore on Twitter. it's not like we'd see a promising 5yo suddenly out of a roster, not show up anywhere else, and be like "naaaah that sounds perfectly normal".
Maybe it's like War Emblem?
brunanas

Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:08 pm

what i heard was it started happening after 150 or so mares. i think it's kinda hard for him to catch an STD with how strict Coolmore is with mare vetting and also pre and post hygiene. the whole situation is odd. he will mount just fine, but won't finish. :? anyways, i kinda doubt we will hear from Coolmore anytime soon.
she/her
brunanas

Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:09 pm

Palace Malice wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:08 pm
brunanas wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:02 pm

Maybe it's like War Emblem?
War Emblem refused to mount which from what i heard was not the case with Early Voting.
she/her
Flanders

Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:14 pm

brunanas wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:08 pm what i heard was it started happening after 150 or so mares. i think it's kinda hard for him to catch an STD with how strict Coolmore is with mare vetting and also pre and post hygiene. the whole situation is odd. he will mount just fine, but won't finish. :? anyways, i kinda doubt we will hear from Coolmore anytime soon.
Then he got burnt out. Cut the number back, spread the mares out more.... Yeah I was just throwing things out there, I didn't think it likely a stallion at a major stud farm would get a STD.

When Dixie Union went to stud he had issues. They had to move him to Lane's End mid-breeding season and spread the mares out more and accommodate how he was able to cover mares.
brunanas

Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:18 pm

i agree it's disgusting to just toss him out if this is happening because of all the mares he was given (though he might actually have an issue not related to it), but i guess at least... they're calling it quits? and not (not saying they didn't try that) drugging him like WinSh*t? anyways, i just HOPE Coolmore learned their lesson with George Washington and pension him (or geld and give him a 3rd career).
she/her
Flanders

Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:21 pm

Its kind of ironic that one of the farms that sued to not have the 140 mare limit broke one of their stallions by going over that number.
brunanas

Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:24 pm

and even if that's the reason, i'm sure they'll keep the same mindset tbh. i'm still scratching my head though because 150+ is the norm for so many stallion farms and i don't remember any (recent, at least) cases of stallions mounting but just not being able to ejaculate. so he might still have had an issue that could have or could have not been worsened by the amount of covers.
she/her
Palace Malice

Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:28 pm

Flanders wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:21 pm Its kind of ironic that one of the farms that sued to not have the 140 mare limit broke one of their stallions by going over that number.
Anything over 140 is too much, IMO. Even 120 would be better. I hope someday they can really put a limit but you know... greed :roll:
Flanders

Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:30 pm

It could be mental. Like he just couldn't handle breeding multiple times a day, or he got bored of it, or he couldn't stand to be housed with other stallions? Recently I reread $tud and in the one chapter they were at Overbrook. They said at the beginning of the season Cape Town would cover mares in the breeding shed. But that only lasted for a short time, then he refused to finish in the shed. He would only successfully breed mares outside.
brunanas

Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:38 pm

do you remember where you got the book? unfortunately googling it just gives me a bunch of random things and no links to what i want.
she/her
Miss Woodford

Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:12 pm

brunanas wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:18 pm i agree it's disgusting to just toss him out if this is happening because of all the mares he was given (though he might actually have an issue not related to it), but i guess at least... they're calling it quits? and not (not saying they didn't try that) drugging him like WinSh*t? anyways, i just HOPE Coolmore learned their lesson with George Washington and pension him (or geld and give him a 3rd career).
I'd like for them to turn him out in a back field with his own harem of mares (TBs or not) and just let him be a horse instead of a breeding machine.
Flanders

Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:21 pm

Miss Woodford wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:12 pm
brunanas wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:18 pm i agree it's disgusting to just toss him out if this is happening because of all the mares he was given (though he might actually have an issue not related to it), but i guess at least... they're calling it quits? and not (not saying they didn't try that) drugging him like WinSh*t? anyways, i just HOPE Coolmore learned their lesson with George Washington and pension him (or geld and give him a 3rd career).
I'd like for them to turn him out in a back field with his own harem of mares (TBs or not) and just let him be a horse instead of a breeding machine.
Yeah or even do what the German stud farm, Gestüt Etzean, did with Japan and just give him a girlfriend to hang out with. They said it makes the stallions so easy to handle when they know they have a mare to hang out with.
mariasmon

Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:30 pm

brunanas wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:38 pm do you remember where you got the book? unfortunately googling it just gives me a bunch of random things and no links to what i want.
https://www.amazon.com/Stud-Adventures- ... 1582341842
sweettalk

Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:22 am

brunanas wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:38 pm do you remember where you got the book? unfortunately googling it just gives me a bunch of random things and no links to what i want.
just chiming in that i CANNOT recommend this book enough.

edit; very much want updates on Early Voting. he owes them nothing but they sure owe him.
Justahorse

Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:58 am

Flanders wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:06 pm Maybe he just couldn't handle the 200+ mares they were trying to send to him? Spread them out more...unless he got sent a dirty mare and now he has some horse STD and they can't breed him anymore. I had added on to my last comment but he has mares bred in the sale until mid-May. So I guess he couldn't go past then? He didn't have any in the Fasig Tipton sale.

If he has 150+ mares bred when the RMB comes out and they retired him cause he didn't want to breed anymore that is fucking disgusting.
At least they didn't pull a Winstar and inject him with outdated vitamins
Last edited by Justahorse on Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:52 am

I get he has a good female family but 150+ mares is shocking to me. He's Cloud Computing 2.0.

Could he have developed testicular/prostate issues? Like cysts or cancer that was removed? So he would technically be physically healthy right now but they previously discovered he couldn't complete breedings because his parts weren't salvageable.
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧