Photos/News about Broodmares

Mintano

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:38 pm

A friend and I were fortunate enough to win a spot in the recent visit Rachel contest and got to visit her today.
Sparrow Castle

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:52 pm

Mintano wrote:A friend and I were fortunate enough to win a spot in the recent visit Rachel contest and got to visit her today.
How lucky for you, Mintano. Love how they let folks get a picture with her. Stonestreet tweeted a little video. You and your friend might be in it. :D

Stonestreet Farm‏@StonestreetFarm
LIVE on #Periscope: See Rachel Day at Stonestreet #RachelAlexandra
https://twitter.com/StonestreetFarm/sta ... 4579337218
BlindLucky

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:21 am

Mintano wrote:A friend and I were fortunate enough to win a spot in the recent visit Rachel contest and got to visit her today.
So glad you got to go! I've done that too, and can't say enough good things about Stonestreet! And Rachel, too. Patient, kind, and all-around amazing--which I think describes both Rachel and Stonestreet :lol:
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Mintano

Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:01 pm

Yea it was great, and everyone at Stonestreet was amazingly nice. It's very nice of them to do this every once in a while, working on a horse farm I can imagine all the things they put on the back burner to be able to do this even for just 1 day. :lol: We also were fortunate enough to be on the particular tour that Barbara Livingston joined and got to meet her! If you've seen the 'You drove 10 hours to see a horse?' meme on Facebook that was us, though the idea basically came from Courtney (Stonestreet's Marketing Assistant), she said it and I told her you know that would make a great meme, so we did. :lol:
BlindLucky

Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Mintano wrote:Yea it was great, and everyone at Stonestreet was amazingly nice. It's very nice of them to do this every once in a while, working on a horse farm I can imagine all the things they put on the back burner to be able to do this even for just 1 day. :lol: We also were fortunate enough to be on the particular tour that Barbara Livingston joined and got to meet her! If you've seen the 'You drove 10 hours to see a horse?' meme on Facebook that was us, though the idea basically came from Courtney (Stonestreet's Marketing Assistant), she said it and I told her you know that would make a great meme, so we did. :lol:
Ha! We did that last time, drove all night (about 8 hrs) to make it to Stonestreet right at 9am, then turned around and went home the next day after a few other stops :lol:

Nothing is too crazy when it comes to horses.
Mintano

Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:03 pm

:lol:
BlindLucky wrote:
Mintano wrote:Yea it was great, and everyone at Stonestreet was amazingly nice. It's very nice of them to do this every once in a while, working on a horse farm I can imagine all the things they put on the back burner to be able to do this even for just 1 day. :lol: We also were fortunate enough to be on the particular tour that Barbara Livingston joined and got to meet her! If you've seen the 'You drove 10 hours to see a horse?' meme on Facebook that was us, though the idea basically came from Courtney (Stonestreet's Marketing Assistant), she said it and I told her you know that would make a great meme, so we did. :lol:
Ha! We did that last time, drove all night (about 8 hrs) to make it to Stonestreet right at 9am, then turned around and went home the next day after a few other stops :lol:

Nothing is too crazy when it comes to horses.
Yep we got in about midnight on Friday, crashed at the hotel then saw Rachel in the morning and visited Old Friends in the afternoon to see one of the stallions we used to stand in NJ, also to see his more famous counterparts as well! hahaha

Watched Nyquist work at Keeneland the next morning then drove on back. And back to work the next day which meant I got up at 5AM as we had a race and go in the 5th at Aqueduct that day. :lol:
tachyon

Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:05 am

Curren Chan(JPN)(two-time JRA champion), her 2016 Lord Kanaloa filly and Kenichi Ikezoe (Curren Chan's regular rider)

at Shadai Farm, April 25th 2016
Starine

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:05 pm

That's a very cute photo. And if that filly runs like her parents she should be very quick indeed. :)
tachyon

Mon May 02, 2016 9:38 am

tachyon wrote:Point Flag(JPN)(dam of Gold Ship) 1998M Mejiro McQueen(JPN) x Pastoralism(JPN) by Pluralisme(USA)

in foal to I'll Have Another(USA)
Point Flag, dam of Gold Ship, passed away at Deguchi Bokujo (Farm) on April 30th 2016.
R.I.P.
firehorse

Mon May 02, 2016 10:07 am

So sad, did she die of foaling complications?
Ziggypop

Mon May 02, 2016 11:44 am

tachyon wrote:
tachyon wrote:Point Flag(JPN)(dam of Gold Ship) 1998M Mejiro McQueen(JPN) x Pastoralism(JPN) by Pluralisme(USA)

in foal to I'll Have Another(USA)
Point Flag, dam of Gold Ship, passed away at Deguchi Bokujo (Farm) on April 30th 2016.
R.I.P.
Oh dear. I was worried about her when I first looked at these pictures. She looked a bit frail.
Northport

Mon May 02, 2016 1:13 pm

Not really sure how you can make a judgement when 80% of her body is covered by a blanket, but it either way it's too bad. Who owned Point Flag?
weeeeeeeee
tachyon

Mon May 02, 2016 8:14 pm

firehorse wrote:So sad, did she die of foaling complications?
Point Flag aborted her foal. :(
No further details given yet.

Like Gold Ship, she was owned by Eiichi Kobayashi and bred by Deguchi Bokujo -- a small farm in Hokkaido.
tachyon

Mon May 02, 2016 8:28 pm

European champion Moonlight Cloud(GB) with her colt by Galileo
at The National Stud
tachyon

Sun May 15, 2016 11:46 am

at Shiraoi Farm

Kiss to Heaven(JPN)
http://www.jbis.jp/horse/0000752219/

La Reason(USA) <-- I really liked her
http://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001032432/

Queue(USA)
http://www.jbis.jp/horse/0000719779/

photos: @kiyo_makarios
tachyon

Fri May 20, 2016 8:04 pm

Red Desire(JPN)(2006M. by Manhattan Cafe), the Shuka Sho & Maktoum Challenge R3 winner, died of peritonitis this morning at Shadai Farm. :(
Buena Vista's good rival also shipped to the US to run in the Flower Bowl (3rd) & the BC F&M Turf (4th) in 2010.
May she rest in peace.
BaroqueAgain1

Fri May 20, 2016 9:01 pm

Oh no! It's always sad to see a relatively young mare die. Was this a consequence of foaling problems and, if it was, is her foal OK? :(
tachyon

Fri May 20, 2016 9:12 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Oh no! It's always sad to see a relatively young mare die. Was this a consequence of foaling problems and, if it was, is her foal OK? :(
It appears that she had some post-foaling problems.
They say she gave birth to a King Kamehameha filly about two weeks ago (I haven't found the exact date and the detail).
I would assume that her baby is okay.

Red Desire in 2013
Last edited by tachyon on Fri May 20, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlindLucky

Fri May 20, 2016 9:17 pm

tachyon wrote:Red Desire(JPN)(2006M. by Manhattan Cafe), the Shuka Sho & Maktoum Challenge R3 winner, died of peritonitis this morning at Shadai Farm. :(
Buena Vista's good rival also shipped to the US to run in the Flower Bowl (3rd) & the BC F&M Turf (4th) in 2010.
May she rest in peace.
I remember her from Churchill Downs that year, seeing her out galloping in the mornings in all of her bright red gear :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCYiq6WoN68

Rest well, lovely lady.

Was just looking at the chart for that BC F&M Turf, and re-watched the stretch drive. What a race. The first 7 finishers (Shared Account, Midday, Keertana, Red Desire, Hot Cha Cha, Eclair de Lune, Forever Together) were separated by a neck, neck, 1 length, neck, neck, and a dead heat for 6th.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9SsOphmx-o
tachyon

Fri May 20, 2016 9:23 pm

BlindLucky wrote:
tachyon wrote:Red Desire(JPN)(2006M. by Manhattan Cafe), the Shuka Sho & Maktoum Challenge R3 winner, died of peritonitis this morning at Shadai Farm. :(
May she rest in peace.
I remember her from Churchill Downs that year, seeing her out galloping in the mornings in all of her bright red gear :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCYiq6WoN68

Rest well, lovely lady.

Was just looking at the chart for that BC F&M Turf, and re-watched the stretch drive. What a race. The first 7 finishers (Shared Account, Midday, Keertana, Red Desire, Hot Cha Cha, Eclair de Lune, Forever Together) were separated by a neck, neck, 1 length, neck, neck, and a dead heat for 6th.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9SsOphmx-o
Thanks for the videos!

As a side note, Red Desire(JPN) was trained by Mikio Matsunaga who is going to saddle Lani(USA) for the Preakness tomorrow.