2022 Fasig-Tipton November Sale

Falinadin

Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:08 am

Flanders wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:26 pm Hip 216 - Onshore - unraced, young G1 producer(dam of Onesto), in foal to Wootton Bassett. Her dam is a full sister to TWO English Broodmares of the Year, in Hasili and Arrive. Kind of strange to see her in this sale as opposed to the Tattersalls December Mare Sale. But have to imagine she'll bring a fair bit, either going back to Europe or to Japan.
She really stood out to me too, so I'm glad someone mentioned her. There was a recent article interviewing her owners (https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/a ... ong-mares/). I understand wanting to maximize value and selling her in order to support other ventures, but I agree that her import/exports and sale of choice is odd. In 2020 she was imported to the US while in foal to Gleneagles. The filly resulting from that breeding sold this year at Arqana (so the filly was obviously sent to Europe). Then in 2021 Onshore was bred to American Pharoah, then at some point was sent back to Europe since she's currently in foal to Wootton Bassett, and then had to have been brought back to the US, and now is selling at Fasig Tipton.
If they knew they were going to sell her this fall/winter I think they would have left in Europe to sell at Tattersalls. So I'm thinking that they brought her back to breed her to someone in the US, then she became a G1 producer and they decided to cash out, but didn't want to ship her back to Europe?
Flanders

Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:07 am

Falinadin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:08 am
Flanders wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:26 pm Hip 216 - Onshore - unraced, young G1 producer(dam of Onesto), in foal to Wootton Bassett. Her dam is a full sister to TWO English Broodmares of the Year, in Hasili and Arrive. Kind of strange to see her in this sale as opposed to the Tattersalls December Mare Sale. But have to imagine she'll bring a fair bit, either going back to Europe or to Japan.
She really stood out to me too, so I'm glad someone mentioned her. There was a recent article interviewing her owners (https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/a ... ong-mares/). I understand wanting to maximize value and selling her in order to support other ventures, but I agree that her import/exports and sale of choice is odd. In 2020 she was imported to the US while in foal to Gleneagles. The filly resulting from that breeding sold this year at Arqana (so the filly was obviously sent to Europe). Then in 2021 Onshore was bred to American Pharoah, then at some point was sent back to Europe since she's currently in foal to Wootton Bassett, and then had to have been brought back to the US, and now is selling at Fasig Tipton.
If they knew they were going to sell her this fall/winter I think they would have left in Europe to sell at Tattersalls. So I'm thinking that they brought her back to breed her to someone in the US, then she became a G1 producer and they decided to cash out, but didn't want to ship her back to Europe?
That's what is weird. She foaled her American Pharoah filly in Ireland on April 21st. Then she was bred back to Wootton Bassett with a last cover of June 5th. Onesto won the G1 Grand Prix De Paris on July 14th. Unless they pulled her filly and sent Onshore to the US immediately, it seems strange to have purposefully spent the money to ship her to the US just to sell. I mean whoever wants to buy her would go to either sale. I think she must have just shipped back cause her Returns is still pending with the Jockey Club.
Squeaky

Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:56 pm

Wasn’t Gamine sold once already as a broodmare? Is she in foal when being sold again? I hope she finds a good long term home this time.
Northport

Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:15 pm

Squeaky wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:56 pm Wasn’t Gamine sold once already as a broodmare? Is she in foal when being sold again? I hope she finds a good long term home this time.
https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Resul ... y=T&rbt=TB

No
weeeeeeeee
Falinadin

Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:10 am

Flanders wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:07 am That's what is weird. She foaled her American Pharoah filly in Ireland on April 21st. Then she was bred back to Wootton Bassett with a last cover of June 5th. Onesto won the G1 Grand Prix De Paris on July 14th. Unless they pulled her filly and sent Onshore to the US immediately, it seems strange to have purposefully spent the money to ship her to the US just to sell. I mean whoever wants to buy her would go to either sale. I think she must have just shipped back cause her Returns is still pending with the Jockey Club.
That is weird. Because either one of 2 options is true (imo): either 1) they brought her back to the US to breed to a US based stallion next year, then last minute entered her in the sale. That is odd itself because at that point she was a grade 1 producer whose dam is full to Hasili and Arrive - she could get to just about any stallion in the world, there's nothing really worthy of her in the US (maybe War Front, of course Into Mischief is on fire but they are a commercial operation and Into Mischief X Onshore would be.... a choice). Or option 2) the brought her to the US specifically to sell. Which is also.... a choice.
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:55 am

Falinadin wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:10 am there's nothing really worthy of her in the US
Let's be honest, the only ones that were (other than War Front, maybe MDO and Tapit as a wildcard) are deceased now - Kitten's Joy, More Than Ready, and English Channel. But two of those wouldn't have been used anyway because they aren't "commercial."
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
CoronadosQuest

Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:41 am

Interest in Flightline going to be offered at the sale

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... ered-nov-7
Miss Woodford

Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:50 am

Mylute wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:55 am
Falinadin wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:10 am there's nothing really worthy of her in the US
Let's be honest, the only ones that were (other than War Front, maybe MDO and Tapit as a wildcard) are deceased now - Kitten's Joy, More Than Ready, and English Channel. But two of those wouldn't have been used anyway because they aren't "commercial."
More Than Ready would have been ideal. Daredevil is a A++ nick fwiw. He's the best MTR son available in the northern hemisphere.
RachelAlexandra24

Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:21 am

Mylute wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:25 am Reckon why they are selling Campanelle instead of keeping her as a Broodmare.
Same here, Stonestreet generally doesn’t sell mares like this, usually they retain them for the broodmare band.
Flanders

Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:48 am

RachelAlexandra24 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:21 am
Mylute wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:25 am Reckon why they are selling Campanelle instead of keeping her as a Broodmare.
Same here, Stonestreet generally doesn’t sell mares like this, usually they retain them for the broodmare band.
The only thing I can come up with is, maybe there is a mare(s) that Stonestreet wants that would fit their program better? Barbara Banke bred Gamine, maybe she wants to buy her back? I mean there are a lot of really nice mares in the sale.
Flanders

Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:37 am

Gemini wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:54 pm
Mylute wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:26 pm It could be that Briland entered her preemptively "just in case." She is a homebred, but in the current era, if a smaller operation gets a big mare they will usually sell her instead of retaining in the program.
I wonder if Secret Oath's performance at the Breeders Cup will change her entry in the sale.
Doesn't seem like it. The owners want to keep her forever but like Lukas says in the video, the money she'll bring will be life changing to them. But he does ask that whoever buys her, would let her race at 4 and send her back to him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6v7TK3fCtI
Flanders

Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:48 pm

Falinadin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:08 am
TDN just did a video about her. She is a nice looking mare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVwCPldedtQ
Flanders

Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:19 am

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/t ... rf-sprint/

Barbara Banke says Campanelle deserves to go to the elite turf sires but she wants her broodmares in Kentucky. So because of that she is being sold.
mariasmon

Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:53 am

Flanders wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:19 am https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/t ... rf-sprint/

Barbara Banke says Campanelle deserves to go to the elite turf sires but she wants her broodmares in Kentucky. So because of that she is being sold.
Couldn't the same be said for Lady Aurelia?
Flanders

Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:33 am

mariasmon wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:53 am
Flanders wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:19 am https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/t ... rf-sprint/

Maybe she thinks differently about Lady Aurelia because she bred her and Lady Aurelia has a very US pedigree? While Campanelle was a Tattersalls auction purchase and has a very European pedigree?
KatieK101

Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:23 pm

Flanders wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:33 am
mariasmon wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:53 am

Maybe she thinks differently about Lady Aurelia because she bred her and Lady Aurelia has a very US pedigree? While Campanelle was a Tattersalls auction purchase and has a very European pedigree?
I would agree with this logic. Scat Daddy has a lot to do with Barbara's decision I'm sure; not only did he himself sire a Triple Crown winner but his daughters have proven that they do well with dirt sires. Pappascat comes immediately to mind just because I've seen her name recently, but she's foaled two GSWs from three foals to race in Pappacap (Gun Runner) and Boppy O (Bolt d'Oro).
PlanetRock

Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:51 pm

I have my Munnings baby in this sale, she arrived there this morning.

https://youtu.be/ZOM12pU8etw
brunanas

Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:05 pm

PlanetRock wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:51 pm I have my Munnings baby in this sale, she arrived there this morning.

https://youtu.be/ZOM12pU8etw
beautiful baby. best of luck
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
TapitsGal

Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:56 am

Secret oath withdrawn. To run in 2023
flytpthestars

Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:58 am

TapitsGal wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:56 am Secret oath withdrawn. To run in 2023
Fantastic news!