Stallion News

Insane Crazy

Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:08 pm

mimi6920 wrote:Did Scat Daddy shuttle this year? I am just asking because I remember War Pass died in a similar fashion not long after he returned from shuttling. He was also a young stallion.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -pass-dies

Very sad news.
The article on BH says he stood "at Coolmore Australia in 2008 and at Haras Paso Nevado in 2009-11." I felt like he had gone back to Chile more recently, but I guess not.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
mimi6920

Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:
mimi6920 wrote:Did Scat Daddy shuttle this year? I am just asking because I remember War Pass died in a similar fashion not long after he returned from shuttling. He was also a young stallion.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -pass-dies

Very sad news.
The article on BH says he stood "at Coolmore Australia in 2008 and at Haras Paso Nevado in 2009-11." I felt like he had gone back to Chile more recently, but I guess not.
I thought he did was well. I Googled, and I guess he didn't shuttle because he had some problems when he shuttled in 2013:

http://www.drf.com/news/scat-daddy-will ... ns-ashford
BlindLucky

Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:27 pm

Scat Daddy has a full brother at stud in Chile as well, Grand Daddy:
http://www.mocitoguapo.cl/Reproductores.php
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Izvestia

Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:32 pm

No Nay Never certainly has a pedigree that has dirt in it.
Hard to replace Scat Daddy by any means.

Rather than one of his sons, why not bring Johannesburg back from Japan? Or is he gone for good?
Northport

Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:42 pm

Edited for correction:
Johannesburg and Dunkirk were sold, while it appears Cape Blanco and Majestic Warrior are leased I believe
Last edited by Northport on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weeeeeeeee
Izvestia

Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:04 pm

Northport wrote:They have Cape Blanco, Majestic Warrior, and Dunkirk in Japan on leases. For some reason I think Johannesburg was sold
Ok, thanks.
I forgot Scat Daddy also has son Frac Daddy in Ontario.
Private Thoughts

Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:04 pm

Izvestia wrote:No Nay Never certainly has a pedigree that has dirt in it.
Hard to replace Scat Daddy by any means.

Rather than one of his sons, why not bring Johannesburg back from Japan? Or is he gone for good?
IIRC, on one of the forums somebody had mentioned there were rumors that he was supposed to be coming back next year. I would love to see him come back since he was doing well over here when he left. And his numbers in Japan seem to be on the decline a bit.
Personal Ensign

Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:41 pm

Is Smarty Jones registered as a liver chestnut?

mariasmon wrote:He must be in the original stallion barn that's attached to the main office. Those stalls are huge. I wonder who has the dubious honor of being in Alydar's old stall of death.
There are other things that I could do, but there's really nothing that I love as much as horse racing. Chantal Sutherland

-Formerly LadyWeaver-
Treve

Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:11 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:
Natalma wrote:So sad.

I wonder if Coolmore will try to bring in one of his sons or a similarly bred young stallion to try to help take over his book. Like they did when George Washington was infertile. You know SD's book was huge.
I was just trying to figure out if he had a son that looked promising as a stud. Daddy Long Legs is already standing in Chile, where SD was doing so spectacularly well and I'm sure this is a huge, huge loss.

Is El Kabeir still in training?
El Kabeir is still in training yes, I saw he put in a few good works with my workout notifications. But maybe Coolmore will approach Zayat with a deal for the end of EK's 4 year old season? Depending on how well he does?
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
TBird

Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:12 pm

Personal Ensign wrote:Is Smarty Jones registered as a liver chestnut?

mariasmon wrote:He must be in the original stallion barn that's attached to the main office. Those stalls are huge. I wonder who has the dubious honor of being in Alydar's old stall of death.
There is no sub-category for liver chestnut. All shades of chestnut are simply called chestnut.
Insane Crazy

Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:56 am

Treve wrote:
Insane Crazy wrote:
Natalma wrote:So sad.

I wonder if Coolmore will try to bring in one of his sons or a similarly bred young stallion to try to help take over his book. Like they did when George Washington was infertile. You know SD's book was huge.
I was just trying to figure out if he had a son that looked promising as a stud. Daddy Long Legs is already standing in Chile, where SD was doing so spectacularly well and I'm sure this is a huge, huge loss.

Is El Kabeir still in training?
El Kabeir is still in training yes, I saw he put in a few good works with my workout notifications. But maybe Coolmore will approach Zayat with a deal for the end of EK's 4 year old season? Depending on how well he does?
If EK actually steps it up in his 4YO year, I imagine Coolmore will be all over him. The UBS on the bottom doesn't hurt.

I'm hoping SD got some stellar mares last year and the year before to carry his name as a sire. With that bump in price he was really in a position to launch to another level of success, and it's so sad we'll never see what might've been.

Losing sires early is always hard. I was crushed when Vindication passed suddenly at such a young age. Womp.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Sparrow Castle

Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:59 pm

HeritageStallions ‏@louismerryman
Imagining is here! @joeclancy65 @MarylandTB @
Sparrow Castle

Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:13 pm

DRFBreeding @DRFBreeding
@LanesEndFarms announces that Stephen Got Even (sire of champion Stevie Wonderboy, etc) has been pensioned and heads to @Oldfriendsfarm
Somnambulist

Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:12 pm

Imagining looks good from that wonky angle... opinion pending actual conf. shot.
lurkey mclurker

Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:04 pm

Is that a sabino spot on his tummy? (I can't tell if it's that or glare, but with his high whites...) 8-)
BigCountry

Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:28 pm

lurkey mclurker wrote:Is that a sabino spot on his tummy?
Yup!
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:29 am

Stephen Got Even is only 19. Seems a little young for him hang it up.
Flanders

Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:48 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Stephen Got Even is only 19. Seems a little young for him hang it up.
He didn't get many mares this year. Perhaps he had declining fertility or an issue that would prevent him from breeding next year. None of the articles really say why they pensioned him. Instead of moving him to another farm to breed, maybe they felt it better to just pension him.
bare it all

Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:10 am

I think Stephen being pensioned probably has a lot to do with how few he gets and what he does with the ones he does get. There are many, many more options for an AP Indy-line stallion that would have a much more stellar stallion record. His sales numbers are abysmal, as well. Maybe it's fertility, but my guess is Lanes End wanted the stall for a younger stallion with a higher stud fee and took the high road vs selling the old boy.

I recall him being quite a little ham when visiting LE open house days, so I'm betting a life at Old Friends will suit him.
Izvestia

Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:44 pm

Video of Summer Front (who is a gorgeous horse, wow!). He is already booked full.

http://www.paulickreport.com/features/p ... -for-2016/