Photos/News about Broodmares

Flanders

Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:34 pm

HB1994 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:55 pm
Flanders wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:20 pm Serena's Song celebrates her 31st birthday by playing in a puddle. Wow she looks fantastic and is in superb condition.

https://twitter.com/DenaliStud/status/1 ... 8983876609
She is truly the Queen.
If she was just a little bit younger, I think that one mare would of have gotten double barrel kicked. She wasn't happy they came into her puddle. hahaha
Flanders

Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:15 am

Dreaming of Julia named Broodmare of the Year.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... f-the-year
sweettalk

Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:59 pm

Flanders wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:15 am Dreaming of Julia named Broodmare of the Year.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... f-the-year
i remember being kind of annoyed abt her racing campaign, she was BALLS OUT in the frizette and instead of getting a bit of a breather off that effort they spun her around 1mo later in the BC. she was undefeated prior to that (admittedly 3-0 which isn't groundbreaking), and then raced pretty regularly til june of the next year before being retired. always wondered what that race took out of her, esp with her schedule after that, tho she did still run well (including a wild domination in the g2 gulfstream park oaks).

anyway it makes me especially happy that her foals are seeing success, i thought she was loaded w talent herself.
Flanders

Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:43 am

Florent Geroux went and visited Monomoy Girl and her Into Mischief colt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtrwxHadszA
TwilightTear

Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:29 pm

Flanders wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:43 am Florent Geroux went and visited Monomoy Girl and her Into Mischief colt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtrwxHadszA
I follow the distaff side more closely than the males, and one of the things I love is seeing the transition from race mare to mom. :)
Squeaky

Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:39 pm

When is Zenyatta due?
brunanas

Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:56 pm

Squeaky wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:39 pm When is Zenyatta due?
they never announced her pregnancy as far as i know. we only know because someone found that in the BC website. so no idea :?
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
Flanders

Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:07 pm

Yeah we don't even know if she got in foal, just that she was bred. Neither her or Zellda have a 2023 foal listed so far.
brunanas

Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:06 pm

i'm assuming she did get in foal as she doesn't have a No Foal report, but maybe they just didn't submit that. time will tell.
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
Flanders

Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:18 pm

brunanas wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:06 pm i'm assuming she did get in foal as she doesn't have a No Foal report, but maybe they just didn't submit that. time will tell.
Yeah doesn't mean anything though cause a lot of breeders don't submit anything if the mare didn't get in foal. I'm leaning towards she's still in foal as well. Mostly because on her birthday(April 1st), Lane's End only posted a head shot of her getting some birthday treats. Also I looked up when they announced Zellda was retired and it was an article from May 28th, 2022 where they said she was "recently retired". Agree that only time will tell. They were never in a hurry to breed Zenyatta in the past so her being bred in June wouldn't surprise me. Zellda wasn't born until May 7th and Zilkha was May 17th.
Missbeholder

Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:53 am

Flanders wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:18 pm
brunanas wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:06 pm i'm assuming she did get in foal as she doesn't have a No Foal report, but maybe they just didn't submit that. time will tell.
Yeah doesn't mean anything though cause a lot of breeders don't submit anything if the mare didn't get in foal. I'm leaning towards she's still in foal as well. Mostly because on her birthday(April 1st), Lane's End only posted a head shot of her getting some birthday treats. Also I looked up when they announced Zellda was retired and it was an article from May 28th, 2022 where they said she was "recently retired". Agree that only time will tell. They were never in a hurry to breed Zenyatta in the past so her being bred in June wouldn't surprise me. Zellda wasn't born until May 7th and Zilkha was May 17th.
They really have slammed the door of secrecy shut tight surrounding Zenyatta, haven't they. Same goes for her offspring as well, I guess. Of course, they are not obligated to release any info at all that they don't want to, but I just find it a bit bizarre.
flytpthestars

Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:29 am

Missbeholder wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:53 am
They really have slammed the door of secrecy shut tight surrounding Zenyatta, haven't they. Same goes for her offspring as well, I guess. Of course, they are not obligated to release any info at all that they don't want to, but I just find it a bit bizarre.
Was told she is due in late May and Zilka was due the past Friday when I went the week after Easter.
Flanders

Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:30 am

I don't blame them. Nothing good has ever came from them sharing info. The comment sections are always weird, honestly IMO they are mostly insane. I think that is why they closed the forum on her site. They did do a photoshoot for her birthday, I thought they stopped updating the Zenyatta site but I just looked. They took extra care to not show her belly. https://www.zenyatta.com/news/happy-bir ... /#comments I mean if you want to see a truly insane one, go look at the blog post from when she lost her 2021 foal, some person saying They broke Zenyatta's spirit when they retired her and all she wants is to go back to racing at the track and that is why she is lost her foal, that the person can see it when looking at Zenyatta. WTF??? I'm really surprised they even bother to share stuff at all anymore.
Squeaky

Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:04 am

So are both Zelda and Zilkha retired and were bred? I knew about Zelda who was small and just never reached racing level but I thought Zilkha had some promise?
SukiSatsuki

Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:09 pm

Can't really blame them. Zenyatta fans are some of the worst people around
Why walk when you could ride?
CoronadosQuest

Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:45 pm

Squeaky wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:04 am So are both Zelda and Zilkha retired and were bred? I knew about Zelda who was small and just never reached racing level but I thought Zilkha had some promise?
Pretty sure Zilkha is still in training, unless something happened very recently. She last worked 04/02 at Santa Anita.
Missbeholder

Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:37 pm

Flanders wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:30 am

I don't blame them. Nothing good has ever came from them sharing info. The comment sections are always weird, honestly IMO they are mostly insane. I think that is why they closed the forum on her site. They did do a photoshoot for her birthday, I thought they stopped updating the Zenyatta site but I just looked. They took extra care to not show her belly. https://www.zenyatta.com/news/happy-bir ... /#comments I mean if you want to see a truly insane one, go look at the blog post from when she lost her 2021 foal, some person saying They broke Zenyatta's spirit when they retired her and all she wants is to go back to racing at the track and that is why she is lost her foal, that the person can see it when looking at Zenyatta. WTF??? I'm really surprised they even bother to share stuff at all anymore.
I actually agree with you, Flanders. I didn't say so in my comment, but I've long suspected that the internet train wreck out there is a huge factor in why news is no longer forthcoming......and I don't really blame them either. Saying it was a bit bizarre was probably a poor choice of words, though I suspect that the divorce settlement was likely a factor. The release of news about Zenyatta seemed to dry up right around the time that it was finalized, especially after Jerry Moss remarried. Anyway, none of this is anybody's business but Zenyatta's connections, and it's probably better for everybody that it's being handled the way it is.
SukiSatsuki

Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:49 pm

Missbeholder wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:37 pm
Flanders wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:30 am

I actually agree with you, Flanders. I didn't say so in my comment, but I've long suspected that the internet train wreck out there is a huge factor in why news is no longer forthcoming......and I don't really blame them either. Saying it was a bit bizarre was probably a poor choice of words, though I suspect that the divorce settlement was likely a factor. The release of news about Zenyatta seemed to dry up right around the time that it was finalized, especially after Jerry Moss remarried. Anyway, none of this is anybody's business but Zenyatta's connections, and it's probably better for everybody that it's being handled the way it is.
They're gonna get so much crap when she passes. I feel so bad for the people there
Why walk when you could ride?
Northport

Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:11 pm

Why give any covering/foaling updates on the horse when 98% of her diehard "fans" think her being bred at all past age 10 is abuse.
weeeeeeeee
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:46 pm

As a diehard Zen fan, I'd like to defend most of the Big Mare's fans. We're NOT all clueless zealots. I suspect that it's some very noisy apples in the barrel who have painted the rest of us with the Crazy Brush. :roll: