Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:53 pm

Haimish Hy

mariasmon

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:35 pm

Winning Cause

Treve

Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:40 am

mariasmon wrote:Haimish Hy

He has an absolutely stunning head, neck and shoulder. I want to make a bust of this guy :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Starine

Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:17 pm

It is a lovely profile, for sure.
mariasmon

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Jess's Dream

sweettalk

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:28 am

well, his legs don't still look like the stuff that nightmares have nightmares of, but i'd still pass on breeding to him
Retrospectiv

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:57 am

Not a ton of substance to him (JD) for a 5 yr old. Certainly looks more his mother at this stage.
Be more interested to see him in 6 months or a year.
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Ridan_Remembered

Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:17 am

Although I dislike saying anything negative about these stallions, especially with only a flat photo to judge from, Jess' Dream does seem to have a rather straight shoulder. Perhaps that contributed to his unsuccessful racing career.
Katewerk

Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:34 pm

sweettalk wrote:well, his legs don't still look like the stuff that nightmares have nightmares of, but i'd still pass on breeding to him
Albeit my experience is in breeding show dogs, but conformationally speaking -- the photo of Curlin's dam would make me pass on breeding to him.
sweettalk

Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:03 pm

Katewerk wrote:
sweettalk wrote:well, his legs don't still look like the stuff that nightmares have nightmares of, but i'd still pass on breeding to him
Albeit my experience is in breeding show dogs, but conformationally speaking -- the photo of Curlin's dam would make me pass on breeding to him.
ohh, where's this one? i missed it somewhere.
Retrospectiv

Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:19 pm

Given how horribly crooked Chrome is in front, I'll be interested in seeing what he passes on.
Numerous photos of his standing up straight...and casually.....ugh. That left front in particular.
Clearly it's never slowed him down but I wonder how much that regular chiropractic work for the last 1 1/2 years has helped keep him as sound as he's been.
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Katewerk

Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:21 pm

sweettalk wrote:
Katewerk wrote:
Someone posted it to an earlier version of this board, but it seems to have been disappeared. The PedigreeQuery version is head and neck only... and likely for that reason. It was burned into my memory, though.
Treve

Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:52 pm

Katewerk wrote:
sweettalk wrote:
Katewerk wrote: Albeit my experience is in breeding show dogs, but conformationally speaking -- the photo of Curlin's dam would make me pass on breeding to him.
Someone posted it to an earlier version of this board, but it seems to have been disappeared. The PedigreeQuery version is head and neck only... and likely for that reason. It was burned into my memory, though.
Curlin's crooked legs scare me off at the price he is. The photo of his dam confirmed it was likely congenital and genetic, rather than due to the stress of racing.
Unless you've got a blue blooded, blue hen type mare with the cleanest legs in the world... You're better off purchasing one of his offspring to see which ones are or aren't crooked. :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Retrospectiv

Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Treve wrote:
Curlin's crooked legs scare me off at the price he is. The photo of his dam confirmed it was likely congenital and genetic, rather than due to the stress of racing.
Unless you've got a blue blooded, blue hen type mare with the cleanest legs in the world... You're better off purchasing one of his offspring to see which ones are or aren't crooked. :lol:
Curlin looks worse from the side.

Chrome looks way worse from the front.

Goddamit.....I still can't add attachments. Says board attachment quota reached :cry:
sweettalk

Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:07 pm

Retrospectiv wrote:
Treve wrote:
Curlin looks worse from the side.

Chrome looks way worse from the front.

Goddamit.....I still can't add attachments. Says board attachment quota reached :cry:
try uploading to imgur.com, then linking to the upload.
ramacdane

Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:32 pm

Bismarck Tullio (Curlin X Awesome Fleet - half to Afleet Alex). Standing at Journeyman in FL. Did not race due to a training accident. Picture taken at their stallion show. He was very impressive at a true 17.1 and lovely disposition.
Ridan_Remembered

Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:59 am

There's a new conformation video of California Chrome up on his Taylor Made Stallions page: http://www.taylormadestallions.com/hors ... 24702.html

Click this link, then the Conformation Video sub-link.
Izvestia

Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:46 am

I admit I've been a critic of Chrome's legs from the front, but he certainly ran through it.
Curlin is producing runner after runner, and I think if bred to a mare that puts a good leg on their baby you have nothing to worry about. I'd love to see a conformation shot of Stellar Wind, curious what she looks like.
Also, looking at the mares going to him - I don't think breeders are too put off by him. Like I said, he's producing runners.
CoronadosQuest

Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Protonico
from Taylor Made's website