Zenyatta News

Summer Bird

Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:46 pm

Squeaky wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:03 am
flytpthestars wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:08 am Am at LE tour, she said she wasnt bred yet as she knows of.

Got to see her in her paddock but she didnt come up to the fence. Muddy as always
So, skipping this year?

I bet they’re trying for a May foal. They seem to prefer her foaling in May
Squeaky

Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:44 am

Then she should be bred this month? Too bad the guide didn’t know ( or was told not to share this information publicly at this time).
flytpthestars

Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:44 pm

Squeaky wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:44 am Then she should be bred this month? Too bad the guide didn’t know ( or was told not to share this information publicly at this time).
If wanting a May foal, means a June breeding. I am not sure why they want a late season foal instead in Jan/Feb
TapitsGal

Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:38 am

Squeaky wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:44 am Then she should be bred this month? Too bad the guide didn’t know ( or was told not to share this information publicly at this time).
I don't blame them if they choose not to share info at this time..some zenyatta fans are to put it politely nuts or at least on the same level as some chromies
Northport

Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:45 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:38 am
I don't blame them if they choose not to share info at this time..some zenyatta fans are to put it politely nuts or at least on the same level as some chromies
This. And with all of the bad luck Zenyatta has had, I wouldn't be surprised if they rather just wait until two weeks after the actual foal is born before they even announce that she was covered in the first place.
weeeeeeeee
PersonalE

Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:57 am

Visited LanesEnd 2 days ago:

- Zenyatta’s breeding plans (barren vs breed) are currently unknown to my guide (she’s the daughter of Farish. So I assume she would know if the farm knew). Guide said that they try not to show her to public if pregnant, but since she wasn’t I was able to see her.

- Z is a sweetheart. She kept leaning down so I could hug her giant head.

- Also saw Zilka - very independent foal. Farm says that this is her best foal that Z’s had yet.
Diver52

Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:19 pm

PersonalE wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:57 am Visited LanesEnd 2 days ago:

- Zenyatta’s breeding plans (barren vs breed) are currently unknown to my guide (she’s the daughter of Farish. So I assume she would know if the farm knew). Guide said that they try not to show her to public if pregnant, but since she wasn’t I was able to see her.

- Also saw Zilka - very independent foal. Farm says that this is her best foal that Z’s had yet.
Thanks! Meeting Z was a never-to-be-forgotten day.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Squeaky

Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:05 pm

Thanks- any recent photos of Zilka?
PersonalE

Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:15 pm

Squeaky wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:05 pm

Thanks- any recent photos of Zilka?
Wasn’t able to get photos of Zilka bc she was just too far away in a herd of foals & didn’t come closer. But she’s one of the biggest in the herd.
Slewfan2

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:19 pm

What are their thoughts on Honor AP? How does he look - and has he been well received? Sorry, I know this is the Z thread, but I didn’t see this in the Stallion thread

Thanks
PersonalE

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:25 pm

Slewfan2 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:19 pm

What are their thoughts on Honor AP? How does he look - and has he been well received? Sorry, I know this is the Z thread, but I didn’t see this in the Stallion thread

Thanks
Honor AP was being shown to a group of potential breeders & I wasn’t able to see him.
Slewfan2

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:44 pm

PersonalE wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:25 pm

Thanks
Honor AP was being shown to a group of potential breeders & I wasn’t able to see him.
Thank you so much! I hope to visit Lanes End one day...
Summer Bird

Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:30 pm

Thanks
I know the farm I’m at is sending three mares to him
Slewfan2

Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:55 am

Summer Bird wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:30 pm

Thanks
I know the farm I’m at is sending three mares to him
Oh, nice......thank you! I sure hope he rewards their faith in him!
Flanders

Sun May 02, 2021 12:12 pm

I just came across this about Zellda. It appears she is still at the track thought she hasn't had a published workout at all since returning to the track in December. This is from about a month ago for Zenyatta's birthday on April 1st.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNIHSQynovL ... e=ig_embed

Supposedly there is a video in Zellda's Facebook fan group but you can only see it if you are on Facebook and a member of the group. Links will not work to it otherwise. I haven't seen it myself.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5370765 ... 785342311/
TapitsGal

Sun May 02, 2021 12:24 pm

Flanders wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:12 pm I just came across this about Zellda. It appears she is still at the track thought she hasn't had a published workout at all since returning to the track in December. This is from about a month ago for Zenyatta's birthday on April 1st.

Supposedly there is a video in Zellda's Facebook fan group but you can only see it if you are on Facebook and a member of the group. Links will not work to it otherwise. I haven't seen it myself.

I'm wondering if she will ever run
Missbeholder

Sun May 02, 2021 4:01 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:24 pm
Flanders wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:12 pm I just came across this about Zellda. It appears she is still at the track thought she hasn't had a published workout at all since returning to the track in December. This is from about a month ago for Zenyatta's birthday on April 1st.

This is really starting to piss me off now! The turning point for me from just causing eye-rolling to making me mad was in January when Zellda turned 4.

I absolutely get that this filly's connections are under no obligation to tell us anything about what's going on with her, but this is getting to the point of being really disrespectful. Horses, and especially fillies, end up being unraced all the time. That's not the issue. I'm about at
the point where I don't care whether she ever runs or not.

It's the months of regular works, then 1 or 2 months off, then months more of regular works and then 1 or 3 more months off (repeat & rinse), and all under complete silence. When you have a filly like this who is high profile with a fan base that loves and follows her closely, it's well, disrespectful, that's all!. I know John has a huge
reputation for being "patient", but this is beyond the pale!

I wonder why some reporter, like Privman or somebody, doesn't get in there, get in their faces, and find out what's going on with her. If she's going to run, then get her out there in the afternoon. The "isn't quite ready" excuse is wearing thin now. If she's not going to run, then get her out of there, turn her out on a farm, and get her covered by some handsome lothario.

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I'm out of line, but I just feel this has gone on long enough, and that Zenyatta's and Zellda's fans are entitled the courtesy of an answer. It's time! Rant Over!! 😡
Flanders

Sun May 02, 2021 5:28 pm

Missbeholder wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:01 pm

This is really starting to piss me off now! The turning point for me from just causing eye-rolling to making me mad was in January when Zellda turned 4.

I absolutely get that this filly's connections are under no obligation to tell us anything about what's going on with her, but this is getting to the point of being really disrespectful. Horses, and especially fillies, end up being unraced all the time. That's not the issue. I'm about at

It's the months of regular works, then 1 or 2 months off, then months more of regular works and then 1 or 3 more months off (repeat & rinse), and all under complete silence. When you have a filly like this who is high profile with a fan base that loves and follows her closely, it's well, disrespectful, that's all!. I know John has a huge

I wonder why some reporter, like Privman or somebody, doesn't get in there, get in their faces, and find out what's going on with her. If she's going to run, then get her out there in the afternoon. The "isn't quite ready" excuse is wearing thin now. If she's not going to run, then get her out of there, turn her out on a farm, and get her covered by some handsome lothario.

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I'm out of line, but I just feel this has gone on long enough, and that Zenyatta's and Zellda's fans are entitled the courtesy of an answer. It's time! Rant Over!! 😡
They don't have to share anything if they don't want to. It would be nice if they did but the news about Zenyatta and her foals has lessened immensely over the years. I really don't blame them either. They got a lot of flack for the dying foals, the pregnancy loses and just breeding her in general from "fans(?)". Then her owners got divorced and that made the news even less so than before. They both still own Zenyatta, as Zilkha has them both as her breeder, but we don't know what kind of agreement they have for the foals as none have raced since the divorce.

I do agree with you that I don't understand why this filly has been at the racetrack almost since she was 2, besides the break when she was sent to the farm for like 6-8 months last year for a break. But its May of her 4yo year, she hasn't had a timed workout in over a year now (her most recent timed work was at the most April or May last year), she has been back at the track since sometime in December(at least and that is just from someone seeing her). Of course that doesn't mean she isn't out there on the track doing work, she just hasn't entered serious work yet. Even if she had a timed workout tomorrow, she'd still be minimum 3 months away from a debut with the way her trainer puts in works before debuting. So August? Unless she has showed she is truly truly special, its puzzling.
Missbeholder

Sun May 02, 2021 6:29 pm

Flanders wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:28 pm
Missbeholder wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:01 pm

They don't have to share anything if they don't want to. It would be nice if they did but the news about Zenyatta and her foals has lessened immensely over the years. I really don't blame them either. They got a lot of flack for the dying foals, the pregnancy loses and just breeding her in general from "fans(?)". Then her owners got divorced and that made the news even less so than before. They both still own Zenyatta, as Zilkha has them both as her breeder, but we don't know what kind of agreement they have for the foals as none have raced since the divorce.

I do agree with you that I don't understand why this filly has been at the racetrack almost since she was 2, besides the break when she was sent to the farm for like 6-8 months last year for a break. But its May of her 4yo year, she hasn't had a timed workout in over a year now (her most recent timed work was at the most April or May last year), she has been back at the track since sometime in December(at least and that is just from someone seeing her). Of course that doesn't mean she isn't out there on the track doing work, she just hasn't entered serious work yet. Even if she had a timed workout tomorrow, she'd still be minimum 3 months away from a debut with the way her trainer puts in works before debuting. So August? Unless she has showed she is truly truly special, its puzzling.
Flanders, I agree on all counts. I acknowledged that they're under no obligation to the public for releasing any info they don't want to. And lord knows the negative and intrusive social media pressure they've endured ever since Zen retired has only increased their desire for privacy. Totally understand.

But you apparently understand my frustration about how the filly's being managed after being in some level of training for 2 years now. My comment about a reporter getting in there was admittedly kind of silly but I was just grasping at straws. I guess when it comes right down to it, I don't even care about getting an answer as to why she's being handled this way. I just wish they'd make a decision is all. Is she or isn't she? You have to admit that the way training has been handled for her is beyond unusual, for a horse with profile and anticipation.

Anyway, it's been really bugging me for the last few months, so it's good to get it off my chest! Thanks!!🤔
Flanders

Sun May 02, 2021 8:28 pm

Okay so it hasn't quite been a year since she last worked, her last posted workout was July 13th.