2013 Report of Mares Bred

Flanders

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:09 am

starrydreamer wrote:How many stallions have their books limited? I believe War Front does, which is why he only saw 105 and his son, The Factor, saw 135 (I'm sure stud fees made The Factor a cheaper alternative to his sire as well).

184 for Kitten's Joy... we're going to run out of Kitten names. :shock: Then again, considering the success he's been having, it's not surprising. I wonder how many of those mares were not owned by the Ramseys.

75 for Artie Schiller, not sure how this compares to past years. Hopefully We Miss Artie and My Conquestadory drum up more interest in him.
Claiborne has always set limits on their stallions. I believe Three Chimneys and Lanes End do as well, but it would vary depending on the stallions and their syndicates. Of course some of the others might have limited books, but I find it hard to say a book is limited if the stallion breeds mare than 125 mares.

Kitten's Joy: I believe Ramsey said he only sent 30 mares to him this year.

Artie Schiller goes up and down. But even 75 is a decent amount of mares and no doubt the 2 G1SWing 2yos will help him. If they run well in the BC it will only enhance his appeal for next year.
2007: 138
2008: 117
2009: 75
2010: 131
2011: 91
2012: 126
starrydreamer

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:41 am

Flanders wrote:
starrydreamer wrote:How many stallions have their books limited? I believe War Front does, which is why he only saw 105 and his son, The Factor, saw 135 (I'm sure stud fees made The Factor a cheaper alternative to his sire as well).

184 for Kitten's Joy... we're going to run out of Kitten names. :shock: Then again, considering the success he's been having, it's not surprising. I wonder how many of those mares were not owned by the Ramseys.

75 for Artie Schiller, not sure how this compares to past years. Hopefully We Miss Artie and My Conquestadory drum up more interest in him.
Claiborne has always set limits on their stallions. I believe Three Chimneys and Lanes End do as well, but it would vary depending on the stallions and their syndicates. Of course some of the others might have limited books, but I find it hard to say a book is limited if the stallion breeds mare than 125 mares.

Kitten's Joy: I believe Ramsey said he only sent 30 mares to him this year.

Artie Schiller goes up and down. But even 75 is a decent amount of mares and no doubt the 2 G1SWing 2yos will help him. If they run well in the BC it will only enhance his appeal for next year.
2007: 138
2008: 117
2009: 75
2010: 131
2011: 91
2012: 126
Thanks for the info! Yeah, I figured Claiborne sets limits for all their stallions. And thanks for the previous numbers of mares bred to Artie, too. I wonder if they limit his book every other year or something - he does seem to be pretty popular.

As for Kitten's Joy - well, with his offspring doing so well and the strategic marketing (you almost always know which ones are Kitten's Joys), of course he'd have immense interest.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:51 pm

I think Artie Schiller shuttles, so I wonder if his book is slightly restricted because he's doing double duty?
serenassong

Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:55 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I think Artie Schiller shuttles, so I wonder if his book is slightly restricted because he's doing double duty?
Not sure, but he does shuttle to Australia
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
tachyon

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:01 am

Hat Trick(JPN): 124 (134) :D
Silent Name(JPN): 86 (24) :D :D
Utopia(JPN): 39 (37)
Reflect Times(JPN): 26 (19)
Fusaichi Zenon(JPN): 25 (32)
Seeking the Dia(USA): 2 (-)
Star Programmer(USA): 1 (5)
Raise Suzuran(USA): - (25)

( ): previous year
WarBiscuit

Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:23 pm

I know a few people on the board were wondering where Sway Away was. The question has been answered via the
report - working his new job in California! Don't recall ever reading about his retirement from the track - just a layoff...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
BlindLucky

Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:27 pm

WarBiscuit wrote:I know a few people on the board were wondering where Sway Away was. The question has been answered via the
report - working his new job in California! Don't recall ever reading about his retirement from the track - just a layoff...
He's standing alongside Smiling Tiger, Twice the Appeal, and Sierra Sunset at Premier Thoroughbreds in CA (I think the actual facility is called Premier Equine Center).
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
WarBiscuit

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:04 am

BlindLucky wrote:
WarBiscuit wrote:I know a few people on the board were wondering where Sway Away was. The question has been answered via the
He's standing alongside Smiling Tiger, Twice the Appeal, and Sierra Sunset at Premier Thoroughbreds in CA (I think the actual facility is called Premier Equine Center).
Thank you BlindLucky! I appreciate the info. Hope he does well...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken