Missing Pedigrees/Country of Birth/Year of Birth

Flanders

Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:45 am

Miesque1973 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:26 am Quick query. Quite obscure:

Pat-See, probably foaled 2018, filly, sired by Westonian out of Needsumluck. Won the Kenya Fillies' Guineas on 3/2 at Ngong Racecourse.

Pedigree isn't found anywhere online so far, but I haven't looked everywhere. Any clues?

Been incredibly busy these past few weeks. Mom's health problems, my back troubles... ugh... between all that and work I barely get anything done any more. I'm currently slogging through female lines of Prix Royal Oak winners (finished Prix du Jockey-Club and French 2000 Guineas winners). I've already finished American and English Triple Crown race winners, as well as all Breeders' Cup race winners. I even work on that stuff during lulls at work, because that work is more interesting than work. The past few days have been exhausting, and weekends consist of sleep and house projects that must be done so the house can be live-in-able.

~Miesque
Needsumluck is here under her dam Chancy Venture:
https://studylib.net/doc/18617107/the-j ... ume-x-2010
CHANCY VENTURE (Bay/Brown) (J.CK.S.B. Vol. VIII & IX p. 27) Bred by MRS. M.B. BINKS in 2005. Got by Jewellery Quarter (IRE), her dam Famosa by Murrmatch (GB) out of Tacazze Sunbird by Dobrush (ITY) out of Sun Bonnet by Toronto (GB) Property of RAWHIDE LTD.

2011 6th November, ch.f. NEEDSUMLUCK by Triarius (USA)

Chancy Venture's dam Famosa is also in the stud book.

This is the only other Kenyan Stud Book I can find, it was from a couple years prior to the above.
https://docplayer.net/39422237-The-jock ... ume-x.html
Miesque1973

Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:02 am

I had access to the Kenya Stud Book online (volume 10 or 11, I think) but I lost the link when Firefox did an update and helpfully erased everything. Then the Kenya Jockey Club website went down and has never returned. There's a few links to articles about the filly's win, at least, and I think I saw a photo of the filly, too, so the coat color should at least be easy to suss out.

Thanks for hunting down the female line. :)

~Miesque
Vice does not change its character by becoming fashionable.
Miesque1973

Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:27 pm

Grrr... more headaches.

Strider, 2018, winner 2022 Kenya Guineas. Still searching around. I may end up having to just post on the Kenya Jockey Club/Ngong Racecourse Facebook page and beg for info. Maybe someone with the Kenya Jockey Club would even have pedigree info on the horses that just aren't coming up anywhere. Someone with the Kenya Jockey Club did, after all, send me full lists of all of Kenya's Triple Crown race winners, but after that the person disappeared and sire/dam info in the charts was sometimes findable and sometimes... very much not so.

Miesque
Vice does not change its character by becoming fashionable.