Bloodlines.net

Miesque1973

Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:38 am

Anybody know what happened to bloodlines.net? I assume it's just gone, which is too bad, because its database had some useful info.

<sigh>

~M
Vice does not change its character by becoming fashionable.
Alywow

Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:35 pm

Hey Miesque1973, how are you doing? Still doing research on Eastern European classic races?
Miesque1973

Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:58 am

I'm trying to keep track of them all! :D Eastern Europe isn't easy to clock but I've got an Excel file with spreadsheets for every country that I can find that has racing (including Belgium, which does trotting and... I'm not sure any more... maybe they race camels now, because the Jockey Club Belge is a joke). There's another website, http://worldwidehorseracing.net/graded- ... results-2/, that I use a lot. I'm still slogging away at Dams of Two or More Classic Winner Around the World (a 'strict' list and a not-so-strict list, like mares that produced two Arkansas Derby winners, or two Melbourne Cup winners, etc.). Plus I'm doing a female lines of American Classic winners project, to see which families produce the most US classic winners. So far, family #1 is in the lead by a comfortable margin with 81, followed by #2 with 60. I think #3 has 45, and I'm on #4 now. It's fun and less head-inducing than my 'real' job.

But I do miss bloodlines.net. I had posted the Scandinavian classic winners there but it's all gone now. Fortunately, all that info is in my Excel file and I try to keep PQ updated as well for anyone interested. Sweden, Norway & Denmark all have a strangely special place in my heart, and I think that's because of Rossard, bless her.

I haven't been keeping up with the Alysheba descendants file. I have it but I haven't updated that thing in years. :(

Hope you're doing well, too! :)

~M
Miesque1973

Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:10 pm

In case anyone's interested at all, I'm compiling direct female lines of America's Triple Crown race winners (Derby, Preakness, Belmont) and Filly Triple Crown race winners, which would include the old FTC - KY Oaks, Pimlico Oaks, CCA Oaks; the old NYRA Triple Tiara - Acorn, Mother Goose, CCA Oaks and the new FTC - Acorn, Alabama, CCA Oaks.

As of right now, family #4 has overtaken family #1 in number of US classic winners--108!.

Edited to update - 109 classic winners from family #4. I missed Earshot. :D

~M
Last edited by Miesque1973 on Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oasis Dream

Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:37 pm

I envy you your patience, and can't wait to see the results!
Miesque1973

Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:04 pm

I do it while I'm working at my 'real' job (between calls or sometimes even during calls, because I can multitask fairly well). It pays real money so I can actually do the fun job and don't even consider it work. It's more like peace and amusement ("They named the mare Hag? Talk about having a low opinion of the horse!")

~M
RugbyGirl

Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Just seen a tweet to say this website is back up
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
MorganLeFay

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:09 pm

Miesque1973 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:58 am I'm trying to keep track of them all! :D Eastern Europe isn't easy to clock but I've got an Excel file with spreadsheets for every country that I can find that has racing (including Belgium, which does trotting and... I'm not sure any more... maybe they race camels now, because the Jockey Club Belge is a joke). There's another website, http://worldwidehorseracing.net/graded- ... results-2/, that I use a lot. I'm still slogging away at Dams of Two or More Classic Winner Around the World (a 'strict' list and a not-so-strict list, like mares that produced two Arkansas Derby winners, or two Melbourne Cup winners, etc.). Plus I'm doing a female lines of American Classic winners project, to see which families produce the most US classic winners. So far, family #1 is in the lead by a comfortable margin with 81, followed by #2 with 60. I think #3 has 45, and I'm on #4 now. It's fun and less head-inducing than my 'real' job.

But I do miss bloodlines.net. I had posted the Scandinavian classic winners there but it's all gone now. Fortunately, all that info is in my Excel file and I try to keep PQ updated as well for anyone interested. Sweden, Norway & Denmark all have a strangely special place in my heart, and I think that's because of Rossard, bless her.

I haven't been keeping up with the Alysheba descendants file. I have it but I haven't updated that thing in years. :(

Hope you're doing well, too! :)

~M
For Belgian racing there is http://bgalopf.be/ which has all the race meetings and results. Can't search for horses though.
Miesque1973

Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:16 pm

RugbyGirl wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:34 pm Just seen a tweet to say this website is back up
In a manner of speaking, it is. The only stakes history accessible is the Derby Stakes. Nothing else. I used to have access to the searchable database but I doubt I do any more. The Old Bald Peg Yahoo Group is also gone the way of the dodo.

~Miesque
RugbyGirl

Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:18 pm

I think in a reply the tweet said he still had a lot of work to do and more would be coming. It was a rt from someone else on my tl so I cant find it now lol.
RugbyGirl

Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:22 pm

Also try arion.co.nz if you haven't already. I know it doesn't have all you are looking for but it might help fill some gaps. Plus it has a useful area for tracking descendants of horses.