Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

CoronadosQuest

Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:34 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:21 pm Texthelegend (Justify x Life's Blessing o/o Indian Blessing) runs in the 6th here at Santa Anita today.
Finished 4th.

The winner, Fort Warren, is a son of Curlin out of the half-sister to Wilburn. Fort Warren had a whole lot of pressure throughout the race, as he led gate to wire, so pretty impressed that he managed to hang on even with Spun Intended closing on him.
HB1994

Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:58 pm

mariasmon wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:36 pm Pretty Mischievous (Into Mischief/Pretty City Dancer) broke her maiden at CD and became a TDN Rising Star.

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/g ... ar-honors/
She won again at CD today.
katmandu

Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:20 pm

Falinadin wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:25 am
Flanders wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:29 pm Yes easily over 10 times. If you are really curious, the Breeders Cup has a stats page where you can look at stuff like that. Though you will have to scroll through the list and count, it will put all starters(with years/race) under their dam.
That was interesting, I didn't know they had that information available. In case someone is like me and wants to know the mares:

Amelia. 2012, He's Had Enough in the Juvenile and Kindergarden Kid in the Turf.
Belle Watling. 2015, Land Over Sea in the Juvie Fillies and War Story in the Dirt Mile, 2016 Land Over Sea in the Distaff and War Story in the Classic.
Celestial Woods. 2015, Bobby's Kitten in the Turf Sprint and Camelot Kitten in the Juvie Turf.
Chimes of Freedom. 2002, Aldebaran and Good Journey in the Mile.
Granny Franny. 2013, Granny Mc's Kitten in the Juvie Fillies Turf and Kitten's Dumplings in the Filly & Mare Turf.
Grecian Banner. 1988, Personal Ensign in the Distaff and Personal Flag in the Classic
Henlopen. 2008, Slew's Tiznow and Slew's Tizzy in the Dirt Mile.
Iza Valentine. 1985, Earl's Valentine in the Juvie Fillies and Fran's Valentine in the Distaff.
Justenuffheart. 2006, Dreaming of Anna in the Juvie Fillies and Lewis Michael in the Dirt Mile.
Kelli's Ransom. 2009, Devil May Care in the Juvie Fillies and Regal Ransom in the Classic.
Life Happened. 2016, Tepin in the Mile and Vyjack in the Dirt Mile.
Louisville. 1987, Le Belvedere in the Mile and Louis Le Grand in the Turf
Miss Hot Salsa. 2016, Daddy's Lil Darling in the Juvie Fillies and Mongolian Saturday in the Turf Sprint
Misty For Me. 2017, Roly Poly in the Mile and U S Navy Flag in the Juvenile
Personal Ensign. 1995, My Flag in the Juvie Fillies and Our Emblem in the Sprint
Starlet's Sister. 2020, My Sister Nat and Sistercharlie in the Filly & Mare Turf
Sultry Song. 1992, Solar Splendor in the Turf and Sultry Song in the Classic
Vassar. 2019, Leinster and Stormy Liberal in the Turf Sprint
Wading. 2018, Just Wonderful in the Juvie Filly Turf and Lost Treasure in the Turf Sprint
Whakilyric. 1993 AND 1994. Hernando in the Turf and Johann Quatz in the Mile.

Shout out to Hasili for have 6 foals become Breeder's Cup runners. Spectacular mare.
Flanders, thanks for providing a link to that data base, lot's of interesting info there.

Thanks Falinadin for taking the time to do this, you saved me some time! Inquiring minds...............
Flanders

Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:36 pm

katmandu wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:20 pm Flanders, thanks for providing a link to that data base, lot's of interesting info there.
The stat page has always had interesting info. Back in the day, before they split the BC to 2 days, they used to say where all the winners were at and kept it up to date. That was pretty cool but once it got to be so many horses they removed that data.
brunanas

Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:36 am

Magical Song, o/o Songbird, debuts this Friday at Keeneland, R2 - 7f on the dirt.
she/her
professional plushie hoarder
KatieK101

Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:15 pm

I went through the entires for Friday's Breeders' Cup races and looked at all of the American-based pedigrees (I haven't figured out a super great way to filter through the entrants based in other countries). I did try to be selective.

Juvenile Fillies Turf:
Cairo Consort - dam is half to G1W Awesome Maria, 3rd dam is G1W Pretty Discreet. Pedigree page includes G1Ws Discreet Cat, Discreetly Mine.
Free Look - dam is a full sister to G1W Violence, 4th dam is champion Sky Beauty.
Pleasant Passage - dam is a half to GSWs Hungry Island, Soaring Empire; Tokoyo Time (dam of G1W Olympiad); Flying Dixie (dam of G1W Preservationist).

Juvenile Turf Sprint:
American Apple - half to MGSW Lady Apple, SWs Dr. Diamonds Prize, Miss Red Delicious (dam of GSW Nootka Sound).

Juvenile Turf:
Battle of Normandy - dam is MSW Adorable Miss and full sister to GSW Noble Beauty. 3rd dam is G1W Favorite Funtime.
Gaslight Dancer - dam is half to GSW Summer Raven (dam of GSWs Lewis Bay, Misconnect, Winslow Homer). 2nd dam is half to G1W Wild Rush.
I'm Very Busy - half to SW Grand Kisses. Dam is full to SW Kiss Me Twice and half to champion Answer Lively.
Major Dude - 3rd dam is Personal Ensign. Y'all know that pedigree page well enough by now, ;)
Mo Stash - family of champion Outstandingly, G1Ws Maxfield and Sky Mesa; GSWs Golden Velvet, Bernstein, Caress.
Really Good - dam is half to SW Fighting Force. 2nd dam is MGSW Great Intentions.

Juvenile Fillies:
American Rockette - half to MGSW Frank's Rockette, dam is GSW Rocket Twentyone. Family of SW Shameful (dam of G1W Indian Blessing).
And Tell Me Nolies - dam is GSW Be Fair and half to G1W Macho Again.
Chocolate Gelato - 2nd dam is half to G1W Imagining. 3rd dam is MGSW Daydreaming, full to G1W Girolamo; half-sister to Supercharger (dam of G1W Super Saver).
Chop Chop - dam is half to G1W Rail Trip; family of G1W Palace Malice, SWs Whisper to Curlin, Jumpifyoudare, Maya's Storm.
Grand Love - half to G1W Malibu Prayer, GSW Valid; dam is half to G1W Swagger Jack, GSW Tap Dance.
Raging Sea - dam is half to Guest House (dam of GSW Guest Suite). 2nd dam is GSW Welcome Surprise. 3rd dam is Weekend Surprise.
Shoplifter - 3rd dam is GSW Get Lucky, full to champion Rhythm. Family of G1Ws Girolamo, Imagining, Super Saver, Callback, Got Lucky, Bluegrass Cat.
Wonder Wheel - dam is MSW Wonder Gal; family includes G1W Force the Pass and GSW Social Queen.
You're My Girl - dam is half to GSW Tizaqueena, SW New Trails

Juvenile:
Blazing Sevens - dam is half to G1W King David, SW Bertsgoldenmissile.
Cave Rock - dam is GSW Georgie's Angel, half to GSW Lawn Ranger.
Congruent - half to SW Ocean's Map, dam is GSW Part The Seas.
Forte - dam is MSW Queen Carolina. Family of champions Folklore, Contrail, Essential Quality.
Lost Ark - half to G1Ws Nest, Idol. Dam is SW Marion Ravenwood. 2nd dam is GSW Andujar.
National Treasure - dam is half to MSW Inspired, Silver City, Elope. 2nd dam Proposal is full to GSW Multiple Choice, half to G1W Well Chosen. Family of G1W Leofric.
Verifying - half to champion Midnight Bisou, dam is GSW Diva Delite.
Wound Up - dam is MSW Bankers Buy; family of champion Mitole, G1W Hot Rod Charlie, and GSW Live Lively.
Last edited by KatieK101 on Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:37 pm

Good stuff, KatieK. Thanks.
brunanas

Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:25 pm

oh wow Katie, thanks for all the effort you put into that! amazing! :D
she/her
brunanas

Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:35 pm

brunanas wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:36 am Magical Song, o/o Songbird, debuts this Friday at Keeneland, R2 - 7f on the dirt.
rallied late to finish 3rd
she/her
luvsgeldings

Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:37 pm

yes the Songbird filly ran really well late - looking forward to seeing her next time out - and especially, going a longer distance - lovely filly!!
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:14 pm

Marsalis (Curlin x Hot Dixie Chick) hung on to win the 3rd at Keeneland, a 6 1/2-furlong Allowance on dirt for 3yo+up.
KatieK101

Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:45 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:14 pm Marsalis (Curlin x Hot Dixie Chick) hung on to win the 3rd at Keeneland, a 6 1/2-furlong Allowance on dirt for 3yo+up.
Along with being out of a G1Winning dam, he is also a full brother rother to MSW Union Jackson and a half to G1W Pauline's Pearl.
KatieK101

Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:53 pm

KatieK101 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:15 pm
Juvenile Fillies Turf:
Cairo Consort (THIRD.)- dam is half to G1W Awesome Maria, 3rd dam is G1W Pretty Discreet. Pedigree page includes G1Ws Discreet Cat, Discreetly Mine.
Pleasant Passage (SECOND.) - dam is a half to GSWs Hungry Island, Soaring Empire; Tokoyo Time (dam of G1W Olympiad); Flying Dixie (dam of G1W Preservationist).

Juvenile Fillies:
Raging Sea (THIRD.) - dam is half to Guest House (dam of GSW Guest Suite). 2nd dam is GSW Welcome Surprise. 3rd dam is Weekend Surprise.
Wonder Wheel (FIRST.) - dam is MSW Wonder Gal; family includes G1W Force the Pass and GSW Social Queen.

Juvenile:
Cave Rock (SECOND.) - dam is GSW Georgie's Angel, half to GSW Lawn Ranger.
Forte (FIRST.) - dam is MSW Queen Carolina. Family of champions Folklore, Contrail, Essential Quality.
National Treasure (THIRD.) - dam is half to MSW Inspired, Silver City, Elope. 2nd dam Proposal is full to GSW Multiple Choice, half to G1W Well Chosen. Family of G1W Leofric.
Several of the aforementioned juveniles added Breeders Cup black-type to their pedigrees! I only mentioned those who finished third or better, and I added what they placed next to their names. I'm still working on the list for tomorrow's races!
KatieK101

Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:30 pm

A little over halfway done w tomorrow's fields. I'll go ahead and post this now so that I don't accidentally lose it, lol.

BC Sprint:
American Theorem - half to GSW Mighty Caroline, SWs Renee's Queen, Cyclogenesis.
Aloha West -- dam is GSW Island Bound. 2nd dam is half to GSWs Savorthetime, Rogue Romance; Loveofalifetime (dam of SW Into Mystic).
Elite Power - dam is MGSW Broadway's Alibi, half-sister to GSW Golden Lad, SW Our Gypsy Gold. 2nd dam is SW Broadway's Gold, half to G1W Dialed In. 4th dam is champion Eliza.
Manny Wah - dam is SW Battlefield Angel, full to MGSW Blended Citizen, half to SW Looking at Lee.

BC Turf Sprint:
Arrest Me Red - half to SW Hidden Treat. Dam is half to G1Ws Spun Sugar, Daaher. 2nd dam is SW Irish Cherry, full to SW Taft Lil Queen. Family of G1W Constellation, GSW Kiss to Remember.
Golden Pal - dam is GSW Lady Shipman (runner-up in the 2015 Turf Sprint, the same race that Golden Pal won last year and looks to repeat this year).
Casa Creed - half to GSW Chess's Dream. 2nd dam is MGSW Wild Heart Dancing, half to G1W Man From Wicklow.
Cazadero - half to SW Mt Brave. Dam is MGSW Wild Gams, full to SW Diamond Wildcat. 2nd dam is SW Diamonds and Legs.

BC Filly and Mare Turf:
Family Way - dam Susie's Baby is half to G1W Caravaggio, GSW My Jen.
Lady Speightspeare - dam is MGSW Lady Shakespeare, full to G1W Shakespeare, half to G1W Perfect Shirl (dam of G1W Shirl's Speight), SW Fantastic Shirl. 2nd dam is G1W Lady Shirl.
Moira - half to SW Jungle Cry, dam is SW Devine Aida. 2nd dam is GSW Passion.

BC Mile:
Annapolis - dam is GSW My Miss Sophia, half to G1W Materiality. 2nd dam is SW Wildwood Flower. Family of G1Ws Embellish the Lace, Afleet Express, GSW Eye of the Tiger.
Beyond Brilliant - dam is half to MGSW Summer Applause. 2nd dam is half to MGSW Recoup the Cash.
King Cause - half to G1W Bell's the One. Dam is half to GSW Tap Day. 3rd dam is GSW Possible Mate.
Regal Glory - half to G1W Cafe Pharoah, GSW Night Prowler. Dam is GSW Mary's Follies.
Shirl's Speight - dam is G1W Perfect Shirl, half to G1W Shakespeare, GSW Lady Shakespeare, SW Fantastic Shirl. 2nd dam is G1W Lady Shirl.

BC Turf:
Bye Bye Melvin - dam is G1W Karlovy Vary. 2nd dam is half to MGSW Great Intentions, SW Sea Road. Family of champion War Pass, G1W Oath.
Channel Maker - half to G1W Johnny Bear, SW Court Return. Dam is SW In Return. 2nd dam is half to G1Ws Auntie Mame, Star De Lady Ann.

BC Filly and Mare Sprint:
Ce Ce - half to GSW Papa Clem; Magical Victory (dam of GSW Hot Springs), Mama Maxine (dam of GSW Ready Intaglio). Dam is G1W Miss Houdini; half to Miss Brickyard (dam of GSW Moviesta). 2nd dam is MG1W Magical Maiden.
Echo Zulu - half to G1W Echo Town, GSW J Boys Echo. Dam is GSW Letgomyecho, half to SW Soundwave (dam of GSW Dean Martini).
Edgeway - dam is SW Magical Solution, half to G1W The Lumber Guy, SW Bold Deed. 3rd dam is SW Buckaroo Zoo.
Frank's Rockette - half to American Rockette (entered in the Juvenile Fillies); dam is GSW Rocket Twentyone. Family of SW Shameful (dam of G1W Indian Blessing).
Goodnight Olive - dam is MGSW Salty Strike, half to SW Salty Response.
Obligatory - dam is SW Uno Duo, half to G1W Etoile Montante (dam of GSW Starformer); Touch the Star (dam of GSW Bonny South). 2nd dam is half to GSW Revasser, SW Hometown Queen. Family of G1W Country Grammer.
Wicked Halo - dam is GSW Just Wicked, full to GSW My Miss Lily. 2nd dam is SW Wicked Deed.

BC Dirt Mile:
Cody's Wish - dam is G1W Dance Card.
Cyberknife - dam is MSW Awesome Flower. 2nd dam is half to G1W Well Armed. 3rd dam is SW Well Dressed.
Gunite - dam is SW Simple Surprise, half to SW Optionality. 2nd dam is SW Simplify, half to SW Classify; Omnitap (dam of GSW Air Strike, SW Home Brew).
Law Professor - dam is MSW Haunted Heroine, half-sister to G1W Celestine, SW Silent Sting. 3rd dam is half to GSW Diamond on the Run.
Senor Buscador - half to GSW Runaway Ghost, SWs Our Iris Rose, Sheriff Brown. Dam is MSW Rose's Desert.
Simplification - dam Simply Confection is half to Halo's Verse (dam of SWs Inflexibility, Halo Again). 2nd dam is half to champion Ashado, G1W Sun River, GSW Saint Stephen.
Slow Down Andy - half to SW Team Merchants. Family of champion Bernardini, G1Ws Cara Rafaela, Love and Pride.
Three Techinque - half to SW Stan The Man. Dam is half to SW Star Engagement.

I didn't realize that Ce Ce is a third-generation G1W! I hope her foals continue the trend!
Last edited by KatieK101 on Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mylute
Location: within 30 miles of your current location and proceeding rapidly. be warned.

Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:56 pm

Full Moon Madness, Son Of Grade 1 Winner By The Moon, Makes Stakes Debut In Sunday’s Nashua
https://paulickreport.com/news/thorough ... ys-nashua/

Also in the race:

Champions Dream, o/o Dancinginherdreams.
Torrone, grandson of Jessica Is Back.
Signator, descendant of Blitey.
Prove Right, nephew of Goldencents.
American Speed, o/o MSW Top Quality.
Only user to pick Rich Strike (89-1) in the 2022 Derby Pool Contest. | 2x Greatest Handicapper of All Time (2022 - 23) (2023 - 24) ✧ I kissed I'll Have Another! ✧
Starine

Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:50 pm

Beginnings, a daughter of group I winners Lord Kanaloa and Winter, became a TDN Rising Star for her effort at Dundalk:

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/l ... rg.twitter
tachyon

Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:35 am

J Palms(JPN), 2020C. Just a Way(JPN) x Killer Graces(USA) by Congaree(USA), won his debut easily at Tokyo 6R 2000m turf Newcomer on Nov 5th 2022.
He is a 1/2 to G1 winner Killer Ability(JPN), too.

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Zinf9b_PM
Diver52

Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:01 pm

Bertinelli, Justify x Together Forever, broke his maiden in his second try at Dundalk. The jockey's comment was something like "very weak but still able to run well." :?
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
KatieK101

Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:07 pm

BC Distaff:
Awake at Midnyte - 2nd dam is SW Midnight Visit, half to Wildcat Widow (dam of SW Florida Sun).
Blue Stripe - half to MG1W Blue Prize. Dam is GSW Blues for Sale (ARG).
Clairiere - half to SW La Crete. Dam is MG1W Cavorting, half to GSW Moon Colony. 2nd dam is GSW Promenade Girl. 3rd dam is full to GSW Dance Colony, half to G1Ws Another Review, No Review.
Search Results - family of champion Mind Your Biscuits.
Secret Oath - dam is MSW Absinthe Minded.
Society - dam is half to GSW Pleasant Prince. 2nd dam is half to GSWs Rookie Sensation, Mark One; Holy Grace (dam of GSWs Holy Helena, Holy Boss). 3rd dam is SW My Marchesa, half to GSW Black Cash.
Malathaat - dam is G1W Dreaming of Julia, half to MGSW Dream Pauline, SW Atreides. 2nd dam is MG1W Dream Rush.
Nest - full to G1W Idol, half to SW Lost Ark. Dam is SW Marion Ravenwood, half to SW Abstraction. 2nd dam is GSW Andujar.

BC Classic:
Epicenter - dam is SW Silent Candy.
Flightline - dam is GSW Feathered. 3rd dam is MG1W Finder's Fee, 4th dam is G1W Fantastic Find. 5th dam is MGSW Blitey.
Life is Good - 2nd dam is SW Bonnie Blue Flag, half to G1W Diamondella; Scarlet Slipper (dam of GSW Nikkis Smartypants). 3rd dam is SW Tap Your Feet.
Happy Saver - 2nd dam Lassie's Legacy is a half to champion A.P. Indy, G1W Summer Squall. 3rd dam is Weekend Surprise. Family of SW Gulf Coast.
Hot Rod Charlie - half to champion Mitole. Dam Indian Miss is half to GSW Live Lively. 2nd dam is SW Glacken's Gal.
Olympiad - dam is half to GSWs Hungry Island, Soaring Empire; Flying Dixie (dam of G1W Preservationist), Divine Rule (dam of GSW Azure Coast).
Rich Strike - half to GSW Llanarmon. Dam is GSW Gold Strike.
Taiba - dam is MSW Needmore Flattery, half to SW Kiosk's Cause.

I've never bothered to look at Rich Strike's pedigree before but it's really not bad. Keen Ice is still not commercial but Gold Strike is a Canadian champion and she's produced four winners (two GSWinners) from five starters. Lots of Smart Strike up close in the pedigree which I don't love to see but it's certainly interesting. I guess I assumed he wouldn't have much black type in his pedigree but he has more than several others.
Last edited by KatieK101 on Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starine

Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:28 pm

Champions Dream takes Nashua
https://www.drf.com/news/champions-drea ... ns-tempted

Danny Gargan trains Champions Dream, who is a son of Triple Crown winner Justify and the Grade 2-winning mare Dancinginherdreams.