Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

CoronadosQuest

Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:38 pm

https://twitter.com/TVG/status/759880167346974720 The replay of American Cleopatra's race if you havent seen!
tranquilo

Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:42 pm

TVG interviewed Baffert and he said the Debutante is next for Cleopatra.
Treve

Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:44 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote:https://twitter.com/TVG/status/759880167346974720 The replay of American Cleopatra's race if you havent seen!
Thanks I was waiting for a replay to be up. I'm even more impressed on the rewatch. I also love her expression - so determined and focused, it's really cute :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Treve

Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:51 pm

tranquilo wrote:TVG interviewed Baffert and he said the Debutante is next for Cleopatra.
Are they planning a similar path to what Songbird took perhaps? Debutante, Chandelier, BC JF? Well, provided she proves good enough to run in Graded company ;)
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Macaroni

Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:54 pm

I wonder at what point the Zayats will regret having sold Littleprincessemma :P
Treve

Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:06 pm

Macaroni wrote:I wonder at what point the Zayats will regret having sold Littleprincessemma :P
They got a pretty good price for her didn't they? 2.1 million$ iirc, in foal to PotN. I think the reason they sold her was because they did get a filly out of her and a full sibling to their then brilliant 2yo. (After a quick google search she apparently was consigned while in foal with Pharoah but never went through the ring... lucky break :lol: ?)
I am really interested and intrigued by Littleprincessemma as a broodmare (in fact I'm befuddled to be honest), that was partially why I was very interested to see how American Cleopatra would run today.
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

CoronadosQuest

Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:24 pm

Anne Eberhardt Keogh ‏@BH_AEberhardt 9m9 minutes ago
#TripleCrown wnr #AmericanPharoah's full sis, #AmericanCleopatra, wins debut @DelMarRacing @jazz3162 @benoitphoto_
Treve

Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:27 pm

CoronadosQuest wrote:Image

#TripleCrown wnr #AmericanPharoah's full sis, #AmericanCleopatra, wins debut @DelMarRacing @jazz3162 @benoitphoto_
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -mar-debut

ETA: I was about to comment how she looks a lot like Pharoah but shorter legged and smaller... and I just read the article, in which Bob comments "she's a little shorter legged than Pharoah"... glad that my eyes don't deceive me :lol:
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Macaroni

Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:36 pm

Treve wrote:
CoronadosQuest wrote:Image

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -mar-debut

ETA: I was about to comment how she looks a lot like Pharoah but shorter legged and smaller... and I just read the article, in which Bob comments "she's a little shorter legged than Pharoah"... glad that my eyes don't deceive me :lol:

Haha, that and somehow even bigger ears than her brother's.

She's a nice, solid-looking little filly :D
CoronadosQuest

Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:39 pm

splits were 23.30, 11.84, and 6.37
Diver52

Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:32 pm

But a longer tail at this point in her career. :) She--like several of the fillies--looked a little soft. I'd expect good races from a lot of the field next time out.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
Macaroni

Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:04 pm

Macaroni wrote:
Treve wrote:

Haha, that and somehow even bigger ears than her brother's.

She's a nice, solid-looking little filly :D
I mean, seriously, check out those crazy bunny ears:

:lol:
Macaroni

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:06 am

Also, someone didn't tuck that girth strap in very well :P

BaroqueAgain1

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:10 am

With ears like that, maybe it's a good thing that she seems to run with her ears back. Much more aerodynamic that way. ;) 8-)
Treve

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:17 am

They're so elegantly sculpted though! Not mule-ish at all! I was wondering what that thing hanging was :lol:
Also I thought the split was 21 and change for the first quarter, at least that's what was on screen?
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Macaroni

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:56 am

Treve wrote:They're so elegantly sculpted though! Not mule-ish at all! I was wondering what that thing hanging was :lol:
Also I thought the split was 21 and change for the first quarter, at least that's what was on screen?
I think the splits Coronado posted were just from roughly the point at which AC took the lead just before the turn (/the splits for the last 3.5f, if I'm calculating that correctly)
Treve

Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:18 am

Macaroni wrote:
Treve wrote:They're so elegantly sculpted though! Not mule-ish at all! I was wondering what that thing hanging was :lol:
I think the splits Coronado posted were just from roughly the point at which AC took the lead just before the turn (/the splits for the last 3.5f, if I'm calculating that correctly)
Oh that makes sense... I shouldn't be posting at 2 am :oops:
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

nikita

Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:39 am

Treve wrote:I'm really anxious for Nothing But Dreams(JPN) to debut (2014F Frankel x Danedream) but I'm having a hard time keeping track of her progress. I know she was sent to GB to train and race there but I haven't read anything new since that German article.
She wasn't exactly sent to GB, as she was foaled there (at Newsells Park Stud btw).
These days she is in training with Roger Varian, but hasn't raced yet. There was an article at Racinguk.com (http://www.racinguk.com/news/article/44 ... ve-reached) last week that said:
"Roger Varian has four Frankels and concurs. His quartet includes one by Danedream, the 2011 Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe winner, that has been christened Nothing But Dreams.
'None of mine are quite ready to run,' he said. 'I like them as individuals. They have different characters but have been straightforward to train so far.'", so we'll probably have to be patient to watch her race. Also last week, someone posted a new picture of Nothing But Dreams to the German thoroughbred racing Facebook group, though.

Treve

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:15 pm

nikita wrote:
Treve wrote:I'm really anxious for Nothing But Dreams(JPN) to debut (2014F Frankel x Danedream) but I'm having a hard time keeping track of her progress. I know she was sent to GB to train and race there but I haven't read anything new since that German article.
She wasn't exactly sent to GB, as she was foaled there (at Newsells Park Stud btw).
These days she is in training with Roger Varian, but hasn't raced yet. There was an article at Racinguk.com (http://www.racinguk.com/news/article/44 ... ve-reached) last week that said:
"Roger Varian has four Frankels and concurs. His quartet includes one by Danedream, the 2011 Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe winner, that has been christened Nothing But Dreams.
'None of mine are quite ready to run,' he said. 'I like them as individuals. They have different characters but have been straightforward to train so far.'", so we'll probably have to be patient to watch her race. Also last week, someone posted a new picture of Nothing But Dreams to the German thoroughbred racing Facebook group, though.

Thanks! I didn't realise she was foaled there since the Japanese stud farms kept posting pictures when she was a yearling and under :D
A filly named Ruffian...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

Starine

Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:02 pm

American Cleopatra ran well, but I was also impressed with runner-up Union Strike. I think we'll hear more from her and she has the pedigree to suggest she will get better with age. Connections are very high on her.